Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fitton and co...  (Read 39632 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 22:50:37 »

why?
i couldn't give a shit if they all leave.
our best player has never scored a fucking goal from centre mid.shows how shit swindon town are.
and yet last season even with some 60 goals between 3 players, whenever Dougie didn't play we went to shit.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
flammableBen

« Reply #121 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 23:19:07 »

I love the fact that Fitton and co have made the club financially stable. Their business side running of the game has been pretty impeccable. On the football side, they've made some pretty fucking big errors - Malpas and Greer. Sticking with Wilson so long and the appointment of Paul Hart will be judged in the coming months - but it's not looking good.

I'm to blame as much as anyone else, but it's amazing the footballing mistakes that Fitton has been able to make, with a fairly meh-ish response from fans.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a call to arms against Fitton, more a rather melancholy reflection on the dark legacy the previous regime has left in the minds of supporters. Not in all supporters, there's still a lot, a majority even, who don't give a fucking shit if we've paid the VAT bill or not, and fucking good for them.

Some of us have become endemic to football being a business first and a sport second, to the point where we ignore football mistakes in the light of balancing books and season ticket income streams. The idea that maybe fans should accept under-performance on the pitch in the light of over achievement in book-keeping is a pretty fucking sorry state of affairs, it highlights everything wrong with football.

The idea that any sort of criticism of Fitton is somehow 'wrong' is, well, wrong. He's a chairman of a football club, and he apparently likes being quite involved on the football side. If he can't take complaints when he gets something wrong, then he's no better than Diamandis. Luckily I'm pretty sure he can, and I hope he does regularly read the message boards and listen to the radio texts. I have faith that he's a clever enough bloke to judge where he should listen to the fans - they are his customers after all.

I hope the dark stain of the past will disintegrate away in time, and that we can all go back to moaning about this (or any future) fucking pile of shit season without any thought of "but at least they saved the club".

The fans sometimes need a villain when things go shit, the fact we've deprived ourselves of a villainous manger ("But we made the play-offs last year") and a tyrannical chairman ("but he saved the club"), has somewhat neutered the fans.

Let's get back to moaning. It's for the good of the club.

e: as usual I've used about 10 times as many words as necessary.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 7, 2011, 00:23:53 by flammableBen » Logged
deltaincline

« Reply #122 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 23:25:44 »

I love the fact that Fitton and co have made the club financially stable. There business side running of the game has been pretty impeccable. On the football side, they've made some pretty fucking big errors - Malpas and Greer. Sticking with Wilson so long and the appointment of Paul Hart will be judged in the coming months - but it's not looking good.

I'm to blame as much as anyone else, but it's amazing the footballing mistakes that Fitton has been able to make, with a fairly meh-ish response from fans.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a call to arms against Fitton, more a rather melancholy reflection on the dark legacy the previous regime has left in the minds of supporters. Not in all supporters, there's still a lot, a majority even, who don't give a fucking shit if we've paid the VAT bill or not, and fucking good for them.

Some of us have become endemic to football being a business first and a sport second, to the point where we ignore football mistakes in the light of balancing books and season ticket income streams. The idea that maybe fans should accept under-performance on the pitch in the light of over achievement in book-keeping is a pretty fucking sorry state of affairs, it highlights everything wrong with football.

The idea that any sort of criticism of Fitton is somehow 'wrong' is, well, wrong. He's a chairman of a football club, and he apparently likes being quite involved on the football side. If he can't take complaints when he gets something wrong, then he's no better than Diamandis. Luckily I'm pretty sure he can, and I hope he does regularly read the message boards and listen to the radio texts. I have faith that he's a clever enough bloke to judge where he should listen to the fans - they are his customers after all.

I hope the dark stain of the past will disintegrate away in time, and that we can all go back to moaning about this (or any future) fucking pile of shit season without any thought of "but at least they saved the club".

The fans sometimes need a villain when things go shit, the fact we've deprived ourselves from a villainous manger ("But we made the play-offs last year") and a tyrannical chairman ("but he saved the club"), has somewhat neutered the fans.

Top fucking post, Ben.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 23:29:46 »

Aye it is. Some times people make posts that long and I stuggle to read through them. But I flew through that and enjoyed reading it.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 00:20:53 »

Aye, have to agree - you've got it spot on there Benjamin.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 05:43:12 »

Pulitzer anyone?

Seriously, a damn fine piece that. I hope he and co. read it ...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 19:12:44 »

I love the fact that Fitton and co have made the club financially stable. Their business side running of the game has been pretty impeccable. On the football side, they've made some pretty fucking big errors - Malpas and Greer. Sticking with Wilson so long and the appointment of Paul Hart will be judged in the coming months - but it's not looking good.

The fans sometimes need a villain when things go shit, the fact we've deprived ourselves of a villainous manger ("But we made the play-offs last year") and a tyrannical chairman ("but he saved the club"), has somewhat neutered the fans.

e: as usual I've used about 10 times as many words as necessary.

Like this......like that a lot Ben.
flammableBen

« Reply #127 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 23:18:08 »

cheers everybody (and bump). Thanks to being quite a way through lots of wine I only vaguely remember writing that. Normally that involves me waking up in the morning thinking "oh shit what the fuck did I post" (well not straight away, but sometime after piss and cup of tea, but before breakfast), but I was quite proud of that one. Which makes a change.

e:(sorry for being so self indulgent)
« Last Edit: Monday, March 7, 2011, 23:44:04 by flammableBen » Logged
ScillyRed

« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2011, 07:38:25 »

Good post Ben
Can't help thinking there should be some sort of fan involvement at board level - if only to put 'the other side of the arguement' and grass route views.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2011, 22:03:26 »

So, in the grand scheme of things, £250k on the sale of Greer was deemed the price of our League One status.

Seems reasonable.
DMR

« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2011, 22:09:33 »

Paul fucking Hart as well
So, in the grand scheme of things, £250k on the sale of Greer was deemed the price of our League One status.

Seems reasonable.

Factor in this magic effect Paul Hart is having and we're on a roll.

Fitton can fucking fist himself.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2011, 22:13:20 »

From what I heard, Fitton started looking for a replacement for Wilson after the 3-0 defeat away to Orient. So, 4 weeks to appoint Hart.

Again, entirely reasonable.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2011, 22:15:23 »

Fitton has made a few decisions which, in retrospect, have not worked out.  But I don't think we can lay much of the blame at his door.  This season's failure has taken place on the pitch more than it has in the boardroom.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2011, 22:16:31 »

Fitton has made a few decisions which, in retrospect, have not worked out.  But I don't think we can lay much of the blame at his door.  This season's failure has taken place on the pitch more than it has in the boardroom.

Agree with that really although I do now think Fitton and the board have to take a long hard look at where they want us to be and how they are going to go about it.

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2011, 22:22:35 »

many people were quick to forget bill power.i wonder if he would have cocked up as much?

today, for the first time this season, i am sure were are going down.
fitton has fucked up royally this season.alot of the meddling has been notible since before a ball was kicked this season.now we are reaping the results.

all the optimism,all the wealth of the board,all the targetsset have all been fucking failed miserably.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: