Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why was David "B" kicked out so quickly...  (Read 17710 times)

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 21:01:08 »

You're confusing Morison and Ben Joyce with Will Evans and the other lads who Budgie later brought
to the club,when Plymouth were slow off the mark in offering them pro contracts.

As to your statement, that we didn't sign anybody last summer , he brought players over from Europe for trials.
The fact is he was out there scouting talent,over a wide area that has since lapsed.His job was ongoing and that's
the whole point.

Your original assertion was that the was given a job by Fitton, as "a token job out of loyalty".

That is totally incorrect and a slur on Budgie and Mr Fitton.

we will never agree on this.best leave it be.
we've both had our say so i'm gonna leave it at that.
plus i have to drive home now Wink
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 21:04:10 »

I would say climate change has had a bigger impact on this season than Dave Byrne leaving
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #122 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 21:12:00 »

How does losing millions of pounds help you if you owe tax ?

Lloyds, which is 41pc owned by the state, is able to avoid corporation tax as it has billions of pounds of deferred losses that it can write off against tax liabilities.
Barclays was criticised last week after it revealed it had only paid £113m in corporation tax in 2009, despite making a pre-tax profit of £11.6bn. The bank was able cut its UK tax bill by writing off losses made on US sub-prime investments.

That's how...

So if the club makes a taxable profit it can offset it against carried forward tax losses to reduce the current year liability or erradicate it. Fitton can't use the company's tax losses for his personal gain, it doesn't work like that.

The only way the club's tax losses can be passed out of it is to a group company. In this case the only one is the holding company, which is connected with no other companies other than the club.

Conclusion: Craptastic, poorly thought out conspiracy theory.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 23:02:27 »

You're confusing Morison and Ben Joyce with Will Evans and the other lads who Budgie later brought
to the club,when Plymouth were slow off the mark in offering them pro contracts.
Will Evans is from Cricklade so who are you actually talking about?
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 00:07:36 »

Will Evans is from Cricklade so who are you actually talking about?

Sorry,it should have read as Dan Evans.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 09:47:40 »

Yet that 10 man performance against Swansea was honestly one of the most hard working, pride filled Town performances I've ever seen!

The way our fans just roared when Swansea scored, couldn't even hear their fans celebrating their goal!!

Got a lucky penalty but even a draw was less that we deserved that game.

Whether it was actually budgie who got that fight into the players or not I don't know.

Could we do with some of it now, yes!

It's alright to remember one great game and no one could argue we showed that fight that day but you look at Byrnes record in between Malpas leaving and Wilson taking over and it is poor to say the least showing that he was never the right man to take Swindon forward.  His record was 5 draws, 3 losses and 1 win, I have enclosed the record below:

14 01.11.2008 Scunthorpe United away D3-3
15 15.11.2008 Leicester City home D2-2
16 22.11.2008 Bristol Rovers away D2-2
17 25.11.2008 Peterborough United home D2-2
18 29.11.2008 Walsall away L1-2
19 06.12.2008 Carlisle United home D1-1
20 13.12.2008 Crewe Alexandra away L0-1
21 20.12.2008 Yeovil Town home L2-3 
22 26.12.2008 Leyton Orient away W2-1

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 10:10:34 »

along with the swansea game,the leicester draw was another great performance.

although i'm sure in his latter days here((after wilson's arrival)he was operating in a token job,he is remembered fondly for the two performances above.
bringing both tozer and morrison to the club, who have then netted us significant transfer fees is not to be sniffed at either.
iffy

« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 14:31:54 »

If you could 'make money' from buying a club and deliberately running it into the ground, why buy a relatively small club like ours to fuck up? Why not buy a huge club, run up even more massive losses and do even better?

(Actually, thinking about it, this is basically the Chelsea situation. But that's money-laundering rather than tax dodging. All our board's money is already in the UK.)

I'm pretty sure if anyone really knew why we were doing so badly, we'd change those things.

My theory is that Prutton is our Faustino Asprilla. He's a good signing who looks like the final piece of the jigsaw, but unbalances the team to the extent that everything goes to shit trying to fit him in.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 14:52:26 »

It's alright to remember one great game and no one could argue we showed that fight that day but you look at Byrnes record in between Malpas leaving and Wilson taking over and it is poor to say the least showing that he was never the right man to take Swindon forward.  His record was 5 draws, 3 losses and 1 win, I have enclosed the record below:

14 01.11.2008 Scunthorpe United away D3-3
15 15.11.2008 Leicester City home D2-2
16 22.11.2008 Bristol Rovers away D2-2
17 25.11.2008 Peterborough United home D2-2
18 29.11.2008 Walsall away L1-2
19 06.12.2008 Carlisle United home D1-1
20 13.12.2008 Crewe Alexandra away L0-1
21 20.12.2008 Yeovil Town home L2-3 
22 26.12.2008 Leyton Orient away W2-1

3 draws against the 3 promoted sides in there as well!!!

I've not once said he was the man for the job, or that I want him back as manager. What I did say was he got our players fighting, he got them motivated or thats how it would seem.

Even if the results werent brilliant, there were some decent performances. Much better than anything we've done post Charlton this season.

Hell, Wilson bangs on about lucky. Remember the P'Boro game - they had one shot on target all game and drew 2-2!!!!

Either way the point still stands, Budgie got the players motived, he's a loud, over the top presence who can clearly gee players up.

Wilson and his current staff clearly cant do that.

Our players need some fight in them.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: