Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why was David "B" kicked out so quickly...  (Read 17708 times)
Danny Wilson

« Reply #105 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 01:54:09 »

I got rid of Dave Byrne because he kept stealing my sandwiches.
rogerhubbard

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 08:51:24 »

Yet that 10 man performance against Swansea was honestly one of the most hard working, pride filled Town performances I've ever seen!

The way our fans just roared when Swansea scored, couldn't even hear their fans celebrating their goal!!

Got a lucky penalty but even a draw was less that we deserved that game.

Whether it was actually budgie who got that fight into the players or not I don't know.

Could we do with some of it now, yes!

Amazing game, amazing atmosphere. Boob sulking when Budgie took him off, Roberts timing his fall in the box to perfection!
I was in the press room for the post match interviews, and when everyone had finished, AF said quietly, "Well done, Dave, no-one could ask for more." I believe AF insisted that Budgie should have a senior job when Wilson came in - a demonstration of his loyalty towards staff. A Chairman's loyalty towards his manager is either a good thing or a bad thing - it depends on the results in the end. In this case, perhaps a bit over loyal.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 08:55:55 »

nzrobin is a top bloke, i met him in auckland once and he took me out for a lush steak.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 15:38:24 »

Amazing game, amazing atmosphere. Boob sulking when Budgie took him off, Roberts timing his fall in the box to perfection!
I was in the press room for the post match interviews, and when everyone had finished, AF said quietly, "Well done, Dave, no-one could ask for more." I believe AF insisted that Budgie should have a senior job when Wilson came in - a demonstration of his loyalty towards staff. A Chairman's loyalty towards his manager is either a good thing or a bad thing - it depends on the results in the end. In this case, perhaps a bit over loyal.

Yep, Corr getting a standing ovation for being a twat? Boob sulking but the balls of Budgie to go 4-3-2 instead of 4-5-1 against the run away league leaders 20 minutes into the game!!

Although you've got confused somewhere, Roberts wasnt involed and I think Cox flicked the ball onto O'learys? hand.

Swansea actually scored later than I remembered to, 87th minute.

Either way that game has got to be one of my favourite non Swindon wins!
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 15:43:22 »

This was pre Malpas wasn't it, just after Sturrock left?
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 15:50:12 »

Whilst i agree  DW should have gone long ago- i cannot believe that some people are calling for Budgie to return.

His record when caretaker was absolutely dire( 7 points from 8 games)- as were his antics on the touchline and behind the scenes. If we have resorted to wanting him as manager then things must be desperate.

Comapered to 3 points from 11 with DW

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 16:28:38 »

byrnes departure has made fuck all difference to this years performance.
he only a token job given out of loyalty from fittton anyway.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 17:33:12 »

Oh come on Reg, do behave. The idea doesn't bear more than a cursory examination. Leaving aside the suggestion that anyone thinks a smart route to business success is going out of your way to build up your customer base then deliberately pissing them off by underdelivering on the main part of the product on an epic scale, the second part's fundamentally flawed as well. As pretty much everyone else has pointed out on a fairly regular basis, the idea that we'd definitely come straight back up or challenge in League Two is far from guaranteed, so the suggestion that you'd base a business strategy round it bears roughly two seconds' thought before dismissing it.

At this rate, they'll be able to make the good the losses by selling STFC-branded tinfoil helmets in the club shop.

I'm not suggesting that the Board have taken relegation as an option, just that they may not regard it as being the sky falling down stuff that we as fans do.

Don't forget there isn't a Town fan on the Board....this can be seen in two ways, either a good thing as it provides detachment for level headed decisions, or a bad thing, no real understanding of what the fans are going through at the moment.

alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 17:43:11 »

byrnes departure has made fuck all difference to this years performance.
he only a token job given out of loyalty from fittton anyway.

Dave Byrne's job was as head of youth development at the club and reserve team manager.
He scouted for young talented players,bringing in the Plymouth lads and last summer attended
youth team tournaments across Europe and also went to the World Cup in South Africa.

In the long term future of the club,it may,just may have been the most important job at the club.
We might have with the correct funding and evolution have seen Academy status achieved.

He's a big loss.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
adje

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 17:51:59 »

So quickly??Fucking hell his last 20 caps were simply gratuitous!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #115 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 18:28:02 »

Budgies scouting talents and his man management of the youngsters is a massive loss to the club, I would put money on him returning if and when Danny is deposed as manager.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 20:37:39 »

Dave Byrne's job was as head of youth development at the club and reserve team manager.
He scouted for young talented players,bringing in the Plymouth lads and last summer attended
youth team tournaments across Europe and also went to the World Cup in South Africa.

In the long term future of the club,it may,just may have been the most important job at the club.
We might have with the correct funding and evolution have seen Academy status achieved.

He's a big loss.

the plymouth lads came with him when he joined the club.the trips to the youth tournaments and world cup didn't bring anyone in did it?
his input in the latter days was minimal,hence why i said his loss has had no impact on this season.
dont get me wrong i like the bloke,but lets be realistic eh.
he did a good job here for sure,but wasn't wilsons man.
whether he would have done a better job than him i dont know.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 28, 2011, 20:45:13 by arriba » Logged
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 20:47:05 »

How does losing millions of pounds help you if you owe tax ?

Lloyds, which is 41pc owned by the state, is able to avoid corporation tax as it has billions of pounds of deferred losses that it can write off against tax liabilities.
Barclays was criticised last week after it revealed it had only paid £113m in corporation tax in 2009, despite making a pre-tax profit of £11.6bn. The bank was able cut its UK tax bill by writing off losses made on US sub-prime investments.

That's how...
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 20:53:24 »

the plymouth lads came with him when he joined the club.the trips to the youth tournaments and world cup didn't bring anyone in did it?
his input in the latter days was minimal,hence why i said his loss has had no impact on this season.
dont get me wrong i like the bloke,but lets be realistic eh.

You're confusing Morison and Ben Joyce with Dan Evans and the other lads who Budgie later brought to the club,when Plymouth were slow off the mark in offering them pro contracts.

As to your statement, that we didn't sign anybody last summer , he brought players over from Europe for trials.The fact is he was out there scouting talent,over a wide area that has since lapsed.His job was ongoing and that's the whole point.

Your original assertion was that the was given a job by Fitton, as "a token job out of loyalty".

That is totally incorrect and a slur on Budgie and Mr Fitton.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 00:10:40 by alanmayes » Logged

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, February 28, 2011, 20:55:35 »

Basically, everyone's at a total loss to explain what the hell has gone wrong this season. Some people though are desparate to find a reason and as a result there are all sorts of bollocks theories flying around. The best I can come up with is, "That's football. Sometimes shit happens which cannot be explained". This is most definitely such a phenomenon.

I could be wrong, but I would say our demise has fuck all to do with David 'B'...the man who was such a pivotal part of the club that some of us can't even remember his fucking name Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: