Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Southampton Vs Swindon Town matchday thread  (Read 36855 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 20:14:24 »

I'll be staggered if he's still here. His contract is up and I can't see it getting renewed.
He simply has to go. If he stays (and we stay up) then he needs to be given a considerable amount of money, otherwise we are in for a similar season. That said, I don't think I would trust him with too much money...

It's hard to believe he hasn't been sacked already. If a defeat/draw on Saturday doesn't force the board into action then I don't know what will.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 20:15:40 »

I'd even take Trollope right about now!

You do realise, these days are actually worse than the Malpas days!

In terms of the results I agree, not in terms of the performances and quality of team and signings though!  I felt more depressed at the end of the Malpas days than I still do now.  We wouldn't have even been in the hat to sign players like Douglas, Ritchie, Cuthbert, Ward or Ferry when Malpas was in charge, irrelevant of the form that they are in at the moment.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
stfcinbmth

« Reply #347 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 20:15:56 »

Jesus!

Half of you cunts on here have been moaning at Wilson for not putting Bodin on. In my opinion he was completly out of his depth and the substitution was purely an excercise in attempting to placate our shit fans.

And this is from somebody who was actually there rather than moaning about the teams ineptitude from behind his PC.

I thought our fans were actually pretty good today. I'm not sure that Saints had any fans there at all, if they did they were pretty quiet

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 20:18:03 »

how the hell can billy bodin have an effect in a struggling team at 3-1 down.
messi would fucking struggle in that sistuation.
no way can you judge a player like that.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 20:19:29 »

Agree

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 20:20:41 »

In terms of the results I agree, not in terms of the performances and quality of team and signings though!  I felt more depressed at the end of the Malpas days than I still do now.  We wouldn't have even been in the hat to sign players like Douglas, Ritchie, Cuthbert, Ward or Ferry when Malpas was in charge, irrelevant of the form that they are in at the moment.

the fact that the performances and quality of the team are better but the results are worse says everything that needs to be said about Wilson.

As I've said in other threads. Malpas/Wilsons saving grace that season was the best striker in the division who was capable of winning games for us.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 20:23:36 »

Not judging but the facts are that in 20 mins or so he had about 2 touches and showed no attacking threat and looked very lightweight.

I'd never have a go at a young hope for the future but in this situation his cameo proved that now is probably not the time to be chucking in lightweight unproven kids.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 20:26:23 by Abrahammer » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #352 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 20:23:36 »

I'm not sure that was the intended point. The point was the fans have been calling for Bodin, expecting him to have some crazy impact and he hasn't, ergo the fans aren't always right.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 20:26:38 »

the fact that the performances and quality of the team are better but the results are worse says everything that needs to be said about Wilson.

As I've said in other threads. Malpas/Wilsons saving grace that season was the best striker in the division who was capable of winning games for us.

OK, still doesn't change my opinion that we were in a worse state at the end of the Malpas days than we are now.  The only problem is we have less/no time to do anything about it this time around.  We have better players for a new manager to work with than when Wilson came in with the Malpas squad.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #354 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 20:27:33 »

Not judging but the facts are that in 20 mins or so he had about 2 touches and showed no attacking threat and looked very lightweight.

I'd never have a go at a young hope for the future but in this situation his cameo proved that now is probably not the time to be chucking in lightweight unproven kids.
As opposed to lightweight experienced pros who are completely shot to fucking pieces.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 20:28:11 »

Frampton was complete bollocks and is slower than an upside down tortoise.

Can't comment on his performance, but that image just made me laugh at least
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 20:41:00 »

He simply has to go. If he stays (and we stay up) then he needs to be given a considerable amount of money, otherwise we are in for a similar season. That said, I don't think I would trust him with too much money...

It's hard to believe he hasn't been sacked already. If a defeat/draw on Saturday doesn't force the board into action then I don't know what will.

He isn't a bad manager but he's had a shocking season. Again not all his fault, players have to take responsibility for the countless individual errors that have cost us this season.

But Wilson himself especially in the transfer market has been poor. The likes of Dossevi, Rose, Ball, Frampton haven't worked. Prutton is a decent signing at this level but has found it increasingly hard to perform on a regular basis.

The likes of Lucas, Dougie, Cuthbert (possibly because he's without an experienced player alongside him) and McGovern have looked half the players they were last season.

The biggest problem we've had this season is at the back. Selling Greer was the single biggest mistake this club has made  this season, to put it simply, if Greer was still here we wouldn't be where we are at the minute. The way we have been conceding goals this season has been nothing short of pathetic. You build from the back, since the inception of football the successful sides are the ones who are good at defending. You go from there, build a solid base then once your steady at the back you start to create chances up front. It gives the whole team confidence when your keeping clean sheets.

Selling your captain, your leader, your most important defender for 250k when there wasn't a player there to replace him is just pure naivety and has cost us big time. That was the boards call not Wilson's. Lets not forget that.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 20:42:54 »

Yeah, most people thought it was good business in July.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 20:45:29 »

Yes, although most fairly assumed that a replacement was imminent!
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 20:48:50 »

Everyone thought a replacement was forthcoming. Morrison and Cuthbert are two very promising defenders, but are very young and inexperienced. Positionally they are very naiive and needed somebody with a bit of experience alongside them. Look at Cuthbert next to Greer last season, he was exceptional. This season he's been torn to shreds.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: