Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 94778 times)
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #825 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 08:13:01 »

Hmmm the morning after. With a sore head will try and put together some more coherent thoughts on the game last night.

It was a game of two halves, but not in the normal sense.

First half we honestly played really well, Ritchie the standout but the whole side looked good in posession and most of the game was being played in their half. Still, for all the neat play and nice passes we didn't create a lot of really clear cut chances. When we got the ball in to Ritchie's feet he looked electric, he was turning his man every time and getting a shot or a cross in, and was unlucky to hit the post. Rose did a decent enough job in midfield and put a few decent crosses in, the problem was we only had Dossevi and Ritchie in the box and their defence dealt with the majority of them easily enough.

Great free kick from Rose and a worldy save from their keeper fair play.

As for the goals we conceded... the first looked a nothing free kick to me, Kev and their striker jumped for the ball together, guess he pushed him. Got to question Smith's positioning from the free kick itself though, struck firmly enough but not a rocket, and low down to the far corner feel like he should have got there. For the second he was a little unlucky as he was at full stretch and could only palm it up in the air and Revell's popped up to knock it in. Maybe got to make sure from there and just get it behind for a corner. (Smith did redeem himself with a couple of cracking saves second half but not his best game overall) Third not much wrong, gave the Orient player a bit of space and he's hit a decent strike.

Fuck knows what the sneaky subs just after half time were all about, but it clearly didn't work. After that the game was a bit shit really, we gave up until a few brief attacks at the end and Orient were happy to sit on their lead. Caddis played well again and after being moved to the left in the second half had a couple of decent runs where he cut inside and beat his man.

First viewing of Flint he looked OK nothing more, clearly some potential there and he is massive, but some interesting distribution. Even given the ball in acres of space the ball was headed for row z. That will improve though.

Overall, a good first half performance, but yet again nothing to show for it. I said after Bournemouth if they kept playing like that the results would come, starting to doubt that now.

Always going to feel worse straight after a defeat like that but I do worry for the rest of the season now, and the fact that Cuthbert and Ferry didn't play a minute last night continues to perplex me.

Quick mention for Timlin, although he played alright he hit quite possibly the worst corner I've ever seen in the first half.

Fair play to the other fans who spent upwards of 20 quid on that, spirits were kept up throughout and a nice bit of gallows humour with some of the chants at the end.

Don't know what the answer is and whether getting rid of Wilson now will make any difference, but something needs to improve and quick. Hopefully Benyon, Obika and Misun will turn out to be the answer, but who knows.

Pissed off and hungover this morning, but hey-ho bring on Colchester I suppose.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #826 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 08:18:09 »

hmmm well......

first half we were excellent, was a cracking game, we were passing the ball beautifully. Ritchie was running the show, he had them in his pocket. He hit the post with one screamer and made the keeper save from another. Both Douglas and Dossevi had shots well saved to.A Rose freekick was brilliantly saved. LJF  stood out but we looked very good so how the fuck did we go in 3 goals down?

well there first was a dodgy decision, a very soft foul by amankwaah on the edge of the box. however the freekick should have been dealt with by smith, bad mistake i think.
the second goal looked a blatant foul to me and we were still fuming and lost concentration for the third. unprofessional.

within 10 minutes of the second half we had given up. terrible, so i fucked off. im afraid im in the wilson out camp because whatever was said at half time had a detrimental effect on the team. i feel dirty saying it but i think we only have one throw of the dice left and thats someone new. carry on as we are and we are as good as down.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #827 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 08:21:50 »

The fact Wilson thought they'd be unable to adjust to subs in the 46th minute is more revealing about his own powers to change the game (or not). Completely baffling and a sign of desperation.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #828 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 08:26:29 »

Oh, and that's the first and last time I start a Matchday Thread. Apologies.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #829 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 08:35:00 »

Sadly, it looks like we are heading for relegation

I come from a land down-under
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #830 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 08:40:11 »

Having slept on it and calmed down a bit, the only thing I can see is relegation. Everything about us from poor defending, no "luck", inability to score, and all of Wilson's cock ups point to nothing else.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #831 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 08:44:53 »

Dougie is looking for divine intervention on twitter

dougieno4 Jonathan Douglas
The lord above just isn't answering....

Never knowingly overstated.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #832 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 09:24:29 »

I blame twitter for this season.

Last season we didn't have any of our footballers posting nonsense on a stupid website.

Perhaps if they concentrated on their jobs and not pissing around on the internet they wouldn't be in this mess.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #833 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 09:26:35 »

Get nasty......let the devil do his work.
GreenwichRed

« Reply #834 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 09:52:48 »

Well that was deeply depressing, apart from the aforementioned gallows humour ("we can see you sneaking out" made me chortle). I was a bit worried about Sutton at half time. He looked like a man on the edge.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #835 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 10:10:36 »

League 2 and a decimation of squad at the end of the season to come. (mind you that might not be a bad thing in most cases)

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #836 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 10:19:11 »

56 pages?!  Blimey.

Pls forgive me for not having read all the way through (although I did read some of the thread on the train home last night).  But just one point (that I made a little earlier in a London Reds e-mail)was that the feeling was last night that relegation is now more of an expectation than a fear.  You saw that in the gallows humour at the end (very vocal, very funny), you saw it in the relative lack of 'Wilson Out' chanting.  I think most of our fans are resigned to relegation now - barring something unforeseen.  Can't see a way out, and don't see replacing the manager as an immediate solution to all of our worries.

You also have to ask which manager, in his right mind, would choose to join us at the moment with a very realistic prospect of chalking a relegation up on his CV in less than 3 months from now?  If DW does leave (and after yesterday, his position is looking very shaky) we could very well end up with a caretaker until May.  (Shirtliff anyone?)

I do think that DW has lost his way.  And I do feel gutted for him.  He's a decent chap.  He took us to Wembley last year and even now I'm grateful to him for that.  But it's all gone wrong and it's clear he doesn't really understand why.  (Individually, some of our lot did well last night...Lecs and Ritchie in particular.  It's not all bad.)  For that reason alone, I can't see his tenure lasting much longer.  It's all very sad.  How did it ever come to this?

Ignore
« Reply #837 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 10:23:10 »

we have 16 games left.we could turn this around.
by no means over yet,but the managerial change is overdue so its a big job for somebody.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #838 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 10:28:40 »

scoring goals and stopping the other team scoring.

Both fairly important attributes in any side!

I don't like saying as even up till the away game at Bournemouth I was still confident of  staving off possible relegation but now I to think the only chance of ressurection is a manager change and a full change of backroom staff.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #839 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 10:37:21 »

Christ he looks stressed out

[url width=320 height=480]http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x480/tanswell2010/ca50a1a2.jpg[/url]
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: