Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 92313 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #885 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 18:32:49 »

Actually, just to prove how miserable I am, did anyone enjoy the last promotion season that much, or was it more relief than anything else?

I couldn't get to that many games, but enjoyed Lincoln and I dare say people had fun ticking off obscure grounds they'd not been to.

But I regard escaping Division 4 as a minimum requirement any time we are in the godforsaken hell hole - and I mean the right way round, not the Oxford way.

It was shit.  You know it, I know it, everybody knows it.  There were the odd moments, but mainly it was shit.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #886 on: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 08:50:17 »

So you want us relegated to the bottom division?

Swindon being relegated is always good in the end is what you are saying?

Swindon being relegated is NEVER a good thing, whatever Johnny says.

Immediate promotion back is never guaranteed, and I for one do not want us to be taking that risk in that hopes that it we might have a "better" season

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #887 on: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 08:56:15 »

Good god, what a depressing thread. I left it at Page 25 and just read the other 30 odd pages this morning. Some bloody good points made here though (delta & ardiles particularly) that I 100% agree with.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #888 on: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 08:58:20 »

Good god, what a depressing thread. I left it at Page 25 and just read the other 30 odd pages this morning. Some bloody good points made here though (delta & ardiles particularly) that I 100% agree with.

Yes - I meant to say Delta and Ardiles made great posts

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #889 on: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 09:43:47 »

Actually, just to prove how miserable I am, did anyone enjoy the last promotion season that much, or was it more relief than anything else?

I couldn't get to that many games, but enjoyed Lincoln and I dare say people had fun ticking off obscure grounds they'd not been to.

But I regard escaping Division 4 as a minimum requirement any time we are in the godforsaken hell hole - and I mean the right way round, not the Oxford way.

That season was just pure hell.

We were so close to bottling it at the end.

The game against Bury away was our most important result, Jukebox at the death, that what sealed our fate that season, crucial, crucial result as Franchise were on our tail for what seemed like weeks and weeks.

When the final whistle went at the end of the Walsall game and players from each side starting hugging each other.

Pure relief.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 09:58:28 by mrverve » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #890 on: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 09:54:52 »

Doesn't bear thinking about. I probably do 20 games a season, last time in L2 i did 3 all season. If we're in there again i doubt if it would be much more. Can't get the motivation for a 200 mile round trip to see us draw with Macclesfield..
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #891 on: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 09:57:02 »

If wonder if the club still read the TEF? If so, I hope someone takes a printout of this thread and hands it to Wilson, Fitton and the players.
Panda Paws

« Reply #892 on: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 10:44:55 »

Just seen the goals on the BBC, fucking shocking goalkeeping for the first two goals and a powderpuff tackle from Frampton on the third. Truley woeful at the back.

But don't worry, we'll sign another striker, keep working hard and turn the corner.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #893 on: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 13:39:19 »

This is raking over old coals by now, but I sent a mate a message earlier that sums up why I crossed sides on Tuesday night.

I turned a corner after the Orient game - until then I'd understood why we let Greer go, I understood why we let Charlie go, I understood Danny needed to be allowed to bring in players and I wasn't unhappy with the ones he'd captured. But I didn't understand what he did at Orient. I didn't understand the starting line-up, I didn't understand the substitutions and I certainly didn't understand their timing, I didn't understand why we persisted in fannying around when what was needed was a caution-to-the-wind, all-out assault on their goal. It was timid, limp and docile. We'd just accepted there was nothing we could do. And then I understood that this is Wilson's fatal flaw. He can't fight his way out of trouble. There's a reason we hardly ever win when behind: he can only do intricate passing football, he can't mix it up. He never seems to learn/compromise. And so he takes another side down.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #894 on: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 14:02:18 »

Was thinking something similar myself, I could only see the crowds dropping away in large numbers if we actually struggled in league 2. Whilst coming straight back up is far from certain, I believe we'd be challenging at the right end and as such get gates similar to what we get now. We might lose a bit in other areas (sponsorship etc) but would relegation really be a financial disaster?
That said, in a spirit of ridiculously blind optimism, we're not going to get relegated so it's all irrelevant anyway!  Cheesy

Problem with this is the sense of deja vu. After losing at wembley I said "Ah well, we weren't ready for the Championship, far better to have another season in League 1" - you just never know what the dynamic will be like in a team from one season to the next.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
corner

Ignore
« Reply #895 on: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 14:09:15 »

I turned a corner after the Orient game - until then I'd understood why we let Greer go, I understood why we let Charlie go, I understood Danny needed to be allowed to bring in players and I wasn't unhappy with the ones he'd captured. But I didn't understand what he did at Orient. I didn't understand the starting line-up, I didn't understand the substitutions and I certainly didn't understand their timing, I didn't understand why we persisted in fannying around when what was needed was a caution-to-the-wind, all-out assault on their goal. It was timid, limp and docile. We'd just accepted there was nothing we could do. And then I understood that this is Wilson's fatal flaw. He can't fight his way out of trouble. There's a reason we hardly ever win when behind: he can only do intricate passing football, he can't mix it up. He never seems to learn/compromise. And so he takes another side down.

totaly agree
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #896 on: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 14:10:56 »

Problem with this is the sense of deja vu. After losing at wembley I said "Ah well, we weren't ready for the Championship, far better to have another season in League 1" - you just never know what the dynamic will be like in a team from one season to the next.
Very true.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #897 on: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 14:19:17 »

I've just had a Jills fan I work with laughing, and asking whats gone wrong. Basically said what redfrog did, plus the fact we have only one fit striker! although my theory to him, was when the bus got shot up, I reckon Dossevi was actually digging up spuds or the like where it happened and snuck on the bus, and has been impersonating someone ever since.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #898 on: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 14:26:22 »

I've just had a Jills fan I work with laughing, and asking whats gone wrong. Basically said what redfrog did, plus the fact we have only one fit striker! although my theory to him, was when the bus got shot up, I reckon Dossevi was actually digging up spuds or the like where it happened and snuck on the bus, and has been impersonating someone ever since.

Check your pockets. He's probably nicked your wallet.

The pikey cunt.

It's All Good..............
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #899 on: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 14:42:14 »

Check your pockets. He's probably nicked your wallet.

The pikey cunt.

He'd have got a shock. there's a hole in my wallet pocket, and anyway it's empty after Tuesday night.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: