Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 94031 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #870 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 13:37:51 »

So, in summary then: relegation = bad; promotion = good. Well, I think we've all learned something here
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #871 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 13:41:58 »

OK, point taken.  (You're such a fucking smart arse, Davis.)   Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #872 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 13:47:02 »

Let's leave my arse out of this shall we?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #873 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 13:53:45 »

I'm not saying that relegation would be good, just that a promotion winning season is always a good thing.

Quote from: jonny72
Which means it was all good the last two times we were relegated to the bottom division.

Yes you did say that!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #874 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:02:03 »

Yes you did say that!

No I didn't.

I said it was good the last two times, not that it would be good next time.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #875 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:06:47 »

No I didn't.

I said it was good the last two times, not that it would be good next time.

But by stating that you implied rather vehemently that it would be good, that was the basis of my contradiction with you on this subject.

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #876 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:18:35 »

No I didn't. I was making the point that relegation followed by a successful promotion season wouldn't necessarily be bad and could quite easily be a good thing long term.

You on the other hand suggested that relegation was always bad, which I countered by pointing out the last two times we've been relegated to the bottom division have actually both turned out pretty well. So even if I had said it would be good I've got the facts to back that up, what have you got to back up it being a bad thing?
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #877 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:21:52 »

56 pages?!  Blimey.

Pls forgive me for not having read all the way through (although I did read some of the thread on the train home last night).  But just one point (that I made a little earlier in a London Reds e-mail)was that the feeling was last night that relegation is now more of an expectation than a fear.  You saw that in the gallows humour at the end (very vocal, very funny), you saw it in the relative lack of 'Wilson Out' chanting.  I think most of our fans are resigned to relegation now - barring something unforeseen.  Can't see a way out, and don't see replacing the manager as an immediate solution to all of our worries.

You also have to ask which manager, in his right mind, would choose to join us at the moment with a very realistic prospect of chalking a relegation up on his CV in less than 3 months from now?  If DW does leave (and after yesterday, his position is looking very shaky) we could very well end up with a caretaker until May.  (Shirtliff anyone?)

I do think that DW has lost his way.  And I do feel gutted for him.  He's a decent chap.  He took us to Wembley last year and even now I'm grateful to him for that.  But it's all gone wrong and it's clear he doesn't really understand why.  (Individually, some of our lot did well last night...Lecs and Ritchie in particular.  It's not all bad.)  For that reason alone, I can't see his tenure lasting much longer.  It's all very sad.  How did it ever come to this?

I was going to write a report but you summed it up perfectley. The humour and chants at the end was almost suggesting that we all newanother defeat and relegation is inevitable. Quite depressing really.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #878 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:50:43 »

I was going to write a report but you summed it up perfectley. The humour and chants at the end was almost suggesting that we all newanother defeat and relegation is inevitable. Quite depressing really.

I was there at Malpas last game at Brighton in the JPT.  Fans just shrugged thier shoulders and sauntered off......if anything its worse cause the spirit is broken.

Two away games on the bounce now.....i think he will be gone.....shame....but there....

See you at Exeter....

Clems Army!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #879 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 17:36:45 »

Did anyone else think that Timlin played well first half and that it was an absolute travesty that he was replaced by Prutton who was again totally inept.He is quickly becoming my most disliked player of all time.HE OFFERS NOTHING,NOTHING AT ALL!Also,I dont know if anyone has questioned the substitution of LJF so far,totally bewildered as to why Rose stayed on the pitch.Ritchie was a class act last night but sadly,the only one.Orient crowd"you're only here for the tickets"  Chuckle

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
woolster

« Reply #880 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 17:42:47 »

Did anyone else think that Timlin played well first half and that it was an absolute travesty that he was replaced by Prutton who was again totally inept.He is quickly becoming my most disliked player of all time.HE OFFERS NOTHING,NOTHING AT ALL!Also,I dont know if anyone has questioned the substitution of LJF so far,totally bewildered as to why Rose stayed on the pitch.Ritchie was a class act last night but sadly,the only one.Orient crowd"you're only here for the tickets"  Chuckle
wot tickets Hmmm
Peter Venkman

« Reply #881 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 17:44:50 »

wot tickets Hmmm

Tickets for the Arsenal game next week?

woolster

« Reply #882 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 17:47:18 »

Tickets for the Arsenal game next week?
Yes
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #883 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 18:00:59 »

Actually, just to prove how miserable I am, did anyone enjoy the last promotion season that much, or was it more relief than anything else?

I couldn't get to that many games, but enjoyed Lincoln and I dare say people had fun ticking off obscure grounds they'd not been to.

But I regard escaping Division 4 as a minimum requirement any time we are in the godforsaken hell hole - and I mean the right way round, not the Oxford way.

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #884 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 18:09:54 »

A forest fan mate of mine said of Prutton 'he was like a rudderless speedboat when he was here'.  Dont know where he got the 'speed' bit from.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: