Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Wilson Hokey Cokey  (Read 31666 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #180 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 21:16:27 »

Danny Wilson isn't a Paul Trollope type appointment. Heck you could argue that neither is Mo Malpas.

All this waffling on about 'Fitton type' appointments why don't you just say...

"I think Fitton will go cheap and appoint Paul Trollope."

?

Paul Trollope wouldn't be an end of the world appointment but you'd think that it was a done deal reading stuff on here.
glos_robin

« Reply #181 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 21:17:18 »

Danny couldn't have known whether some players would gel in a football sense or a personality sense. For whatever reason they haven't and we have been poor. This doesn't make Danny a bad manager. He isn't stupid he will be able to see where the problmes lie and he has january to resolve them. For what he has accomplished thus far at our club i think he will and hope he does. Either way we're in for an interesting month.
The problem is that the same thing has happened at every club he has managed and that can't just be a coincidence, for whatever reason he seems unable to sustain a few seasons of prolonged success. As others have mentioned he doesn't seem to have a Plan B so once he gets found out things on the pitch rapidly go backwards.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 21:17:31 »

All 3 were unemployed at the time of appointment or hypothetical appointment as it were.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 21:17:38 »

In the close season we bought well, we all agreeed at the time that the signings were decent and all thought the squad was capable.
Did we really buy well?

We failed to sign any player in the positions we had lost (CB,LM,CF), signed two left backs, a right back which wasn't a problem area last season and Prutton who really is just a poor mans Douglas - and I would guess he is taking up a good chunk of the wage bill.

« Last Edit: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 21:19:28 by CHRIS_STFC » Logged
Rich Pullen

« Reply #184 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 21:19:10 »

All 3 were unemployed at the time of appointment or hypothetical appointment as it were.

Yes but we always appoint unemployed managers. Hardly a Andrew Fitton trait.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 21:20:41 »

Not least the fact that Fitton has only appointed two managers and Trollope doesn't fit the profile of Malpas or Wilson
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 21:22:22 »

yeah

in 1981.

Then a Trollope replaced a nearly man...Bob Smith, who finished 5th, nearly got to Wembley, and produced a fine attacking side with a slightly dodgy defence.  Lost his Captain to the Gayers, and couldn't sort the defence, so 5 defeats in a row cost his job.

Smith had spent a bit of money....with mixed results, so the Board went for the cheap option.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 21:23:36 »

well, that makes it official then.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 21:24:35 »

Stegenfreud speaks sense.
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #189 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 21:46:19 »

Wilson's managerial record is nothing special, He's never got a team promoted from this league including having about 3-4 attempts at City and failing then they appoint a new manager and get promoted.

Took MK Don's down as well and doesn't have a consistent record at all, It's very up and down.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 21:47:24 »

Are you the fabled Wilson out man?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #191 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 22:00:33 »

Wilson's managerial record is nothing special, He's never got a team promoted from this league including having about 3-4 attempts at City and failing then they appoint a new manager and get promoted.

I'm all for criticism but can we please stop spinning/doctoring! It's not hard to indicate that there are patterns that follow Wilson around but must we lie in order to make a point?

Firstly, Bristol City took two managers and three seasons after Danny Wilson left for them to get promoted! It wasn't as easy as you're suggesting

Does his achievement at Barnsley not count because it was so long ago?

Hartlepool were expected to rot in League Two before he turned up.

Some of the stick Wilson has received is fair and true but credit where it's due.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 22:03:12 by Rich Pullen » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #192 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 22:59:29 »

I'd actually be happy with Trollope if we sack Wilson.

Me too Dave
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #193 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 23:34:26 »

Then a Trollope replaced a nearly man...Bob Smith, who finished 5th, nearly got to Wembley, and produced a fine attacking side with a slightly dodgy defence.  Lost his Captain to the Gayers, and couldn't sort the defence, so 5 defeats in a row cost his job.

Smith had spent a bit of money....with mixed results, so the Board went for the cheap option.
Bob Smith did bloody well for us but went a bit wibble when he went to sign Channon from Soton and got Peach instead. That was our LC money gone.
Smith didn't go over results - it was his and Tanner's choice of fuckbuddyies that was the issue - allegedly.
Lumps

« Reply #194 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 23:44:52 »

Fuck me I'd rather keep Wilson than end up with Alan Knill. In fact I'd rather bloody Malpas back than Alan Knill.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: