Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Wilson Hokey Cokey  (Read 31667 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 20:41:23 »

Listen peeps................Wilson is here to stay.

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 20:46:27 »

I know that Fitton thinks he did a decent job at Rovers on a smaller budget than ours, young for a manager but has some experience, local boy and available within wage structure....got to be right up there.

i would see it as a stupid move.
not an improvement on what we currently have imo.
if wilson does get the boot i think fitton will need to change his system next time around with regards to who he employs.
either stretch the budget on a bigger name boss, or make an offer to someone like gary neville,who based on yesterdays performance for man u will be a manager sooner rather than later...
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 20:47:50 »

Listen peeps................Wilson is here to stay.

says who ?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 20:48:45 »

says leefer, the same way reg says our next manager will be trollope.

I hope both are wrong.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 20:50:01 »

says leefer, the same way reg says our next manager will be trollope.

I hope both are wrong.

Of course they are, just stupid delusional fans like the rest of us, all thinking we know best.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #170 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 20:51:12 »

Don't know if this is probably more in hope but i get the feeling Fitton would enjoy working with a young eddie howe type manager.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 20:52:36 »

i would see it as a stupid move.
not an improvement on what we currently have imo.
if wilson does get the boot i think fitton will need to change his system next time around with regards to who he employs.
either stretch the budget on a bigger name boss, or make an offer to someone like gary neville,who based on yesterdays performance for man u will be a manager sooner rather than later...

Which is why Fitton will want to stick with Wilson.....our fans assume that by sacking the manager we'll appoint someone sexy, it doesn't quite work like that though, unless you're a Diamond Mike spending someone else's money that the club doesn't actually have.

If we're hoping to progress the CG then costs on playing staff will need to be contained accordingly, so options will be cheap.

« Last Edit: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 20:55:02 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 20:54:45 »

Our next manager will be either Danny Trollope or Paul Wilson.

An outside chance could be Danaul Willope who has made his name as assistant manager of the national team of Vanuatu.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 21:03:40 »

Sadly I think Trollope would be a Fitton type appointment, wouldn't surprise me at all.

I expect to get shot down for this but I wouldn't mind Dennis Wise back here, we could do a lot worse.......  

I know he fucked off before but would have a stable board here this time around, he would get the players fit and there would be no lack of effort that is for sure, he would have them motivated.

I don't think Wilson is going anywhere soon though.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #174 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 21:04:51 »

Have I missed something? Has Trollope been appointed?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 21:06:21 »

yeah

in 1981.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #176 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 21:08:03 »

yeah

in 1981.

PAH! I'll give him 121 games.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 21:09:52 »

FWIW i like Danny as a manager, i think he has shown us that he knows how to get results at this level. He took a piss poor team from Malpas added a couple of players and kept us up.

He then assembled a team that played some of the best football we have seen at the county ground for some time, we were a happy camp, birds sang and babies laughed. We got to wembers and lost.

In the close season we bought well, we all agreeed at the time that the signings were decent and all thought the squad was capable. However a couple of defeats, some suspensions and some injuries drained some of our swagger from last season. Maybe the dynamic in the changing room changed with new players coming in and results not going our way. Winning has a great way of papering over personality clashes in any team, losing has a great ability to place dynamite in those personality clashes and cause major ruptions.

Danny couldn't have known whether some players would gel in a football sense or a personality sense. For whatever reason they haven't and we have been poor. This doesn't make Danny a bad manager. He isn't stupid he will be able to see where the problmes lie and he has january to resolve them. For what he has accomplished thus far at our club i think he will and hope he does. Either way we're in for an interesting month.

As fans we have our opinion and it seems high expectations and poor performances have created quite an air of doom and gloom. For the time being though i'm still behind him.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 21:10:10 »

Sadly I think Trollope would be a Fitton type appointment, wouldn't surprise me at all.

Yes

As for Wise, remember his staff?  The squad photo for that season had more back room staff than players....paid for by Bill Power's million.

Wise is still probably being paid a mill a year by Newcastle for sitting on his thin arse...of course, as Arriba suggests, it is possible that the Board might have a complete change of heart about strategy, but we've seen nothing so far to think this might happen.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 21:13:57 »

I'd actually be happy with Trollope if we sack Wilson.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: