Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Wilson Hokey Cokey  (Read 31809 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 14:17:11 »

Regardless if Wilson keeps us up, that's not exactly worthy of a new contract is it?

Hell no!

Unless he pulls off the impossible he's got to go in the summer. This season has had failure written all over it from day 1.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 14:51:33 »

we are in january and wilson still doesn't know his best team.
it has been tinkered with from the start of the season and still isn't right.
resorting to hoofball against a side that had lost its last 3 games and with a pensioner upfront is fucking alarming.
a heavy defeat tomorrow and he'll be sacked on tuesday i'm sure....
I'd be amazed if Wilson was sacked before the end of January. We've got two tough away games in a row and if we get 2 or 3 points we'll have done fairly well. The big test comes in the three games after, which are the kind of games where we should be picking up points but haven't done so far.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 18:49:31 »

When it gets to the point of supporters seriously discussing the manager being sacked and the manager himself saying he will "soldier on", is there ever a way back? Surely it's when and not if?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 19:08:48 »

a heavy defeat tomorrow and he'll be sacked on tuesday i'm sure....
The Valley could well be the place of his highest moment as town manager and the lowest.

I reckon we'll come away with a point.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 19:13:24 »

That "soldier on" article did make me let out a big sigh. I just wish he showed a bit more emotion at times.

I'm a bit fed up of hearing post-match interviews where he's asked why we can't seem to perform and he just says "I don't know". At least Kingy used to come out and blame Ifil/the pitch/the burgers.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 19:19:52 »

When it gets to the point of supporters seriously discussing the manager being sacked and the manager himself saying he will "soldier on", is there ever a way back? Surely it's when and not if?

Agree sounds a bit like an acceptance of the inevitable....personally, don't think Paul Trollope is the man. but that's who it'll be.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 19:58:42 »

He will stay until we are safe from relegation then he will depart by mutual consent.

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 20:00:40 »

That "soldier on" article did make me let out a big sigh. I just wish he showed a bit more emotion at times.

I'm a bit fed up of hearing post-match interviews where he's asked why we can't seem to perform and he just says "I don't know". At least Kingy used to come out and blame Ifil/the pitch/the burgers.

My tits were on fire as i drove through Wroughton with DW coming out with the shite he was.

"I dont know why!"

Clems Army!
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #158 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 20:03:25 »

Then i hope he goes now and we get a change in momentum that sometimes comes with a change of manager.

I don't expect this team to make a play off surge but what i do expect is a team who is capable of playing good football to do that and to see so many good players playing so awful is what concerns me most not our league position.

As i have said before to see half of last years team sat on the bench this season through Wilsons choice is what gets me. He is still trying to accomodate players to justify bringing them in imo.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 20:19:08 »

Agree sounds a bit like an acceptance of the inevitable....personally, don't think Paul Trollope is the man. but that's who it'll be.

I fucking hope not.

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 20:20:15 »

i'm not liking all this trollope talk at all.
why will it be him? why the hell should it?
no no fucking no.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #161 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 20:26:07 »

It's regs way of trying to get a bit.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 20:36:48 »

It's regs way of trying to get a bit.

with Fatbury
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 20:37:19 »

I dont think we should change unless we go on a Malpas style run of results.

We're already on a Malpas style run of results as proved by the exact same points tally from the same number of games.  

Regardless if Wilson keeps us up, that's not exactly worthy of a new contract is it?

For some reason or another the players are not responding to the manager. This means we need to change the manager or change pretty much the entire team in the summer and January.

Yesterday was the first time I've realised the turning point isn't going to come. By turning point I don't mean getting into the playoffs because I wrote that off a couple of months ago, but actually playing some semi-decent football for more than half a game.

I've stuck up for Wilson until now, but he's doing a great Malpas impression. I know we're playing some good teams at this point in the season but the lack of home form is a real worry. Crawley completely outplayed us on our own turf. That's worse than losing to Histon away in my opinion.

Wilson needs to string a run of 4 or 5 decent results and performances together to prove himself and it isn't going to happen. Fitton has a dilemma because he could waste a lot of money on Wilson's signings in January only for him to leave in the summer if nothing picks up.

This sums it up perfectly Si.  I'm surprised so many people are still backing Wilson to turn things around.  How much longer is reasonable, until March/April and then it could be too late?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 20:39:32 »

i'm not liking all this trollope talk at all.
why will it be him? why the hell should it?
no no fucking no.

I know that Fitton thinks he did a decent job at Rovers on a smaller budget than ours, young for a manager but has some experience, local boy and available within wage structure....got to be right up there.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: