Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Wilson Hokey Cokey  (Read 31814 times)
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 22:32:21 »

We've proved before that it's worth taking the risk on untried younger managers ie Ardiles, Hoddle.  Why do we have to go for a more experienced manager?  Doesn't mean they're any better just likely to be more stuck in their ways as proved by Wilson this season.  Time for a change and a younger manager with fresher ideas IMO.

Personally i'd be looking at someone like Steve Clarke.I think he'd be very positive,he'd be up the

challenge and has loads of contacts within the game.He would probably get a good response from

the scottish lads in our dressing room.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 22:36:04 »

clarke was on a massive wedge at chelski and west ham.we couldn't afford him
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 22:36:40 »

He's not really alone there though is he?  I've always liked Wilson, but even I've had enough after today and think he needs to go.
yeah, but most others contribute posts that aren't FUCKIN WILSON OUT HE SUXX DONKEYS
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 22:38:13 »

clarke was on a massive wedge at chelski and west ham.we couldn't afford him

He wants to get into management and needs to start somewhere.

Clarke was in the running for the Hibs job and they aren't big payers.

Exactly the same could have been said about Macari,Ardiles and Hoddle.

If you don't ask you don't get!
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 22:58:21 by alanmayes » Logged

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 22:38:49 »

yeah, but most others contribute posts that aren't FUCKIN WILSON OUT HE SUXX DONKEYS

Aah, I see what you mean.  Sorry I'd missed that post.
wacko

« Reply #110 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 22:56:57 »

That makes you a bit of a retard for posting that really
Well i would rather be a retard than a cunt, you Cunt
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 23:02:13 »

We've proved before that it's worth taking the risk on untried younger managers ie Ardiles, Hoddle.  Why do we have to go for a more experienced manager?  

Well Ossie as much as I love him....would have taken us down in his second season, and very nearly took Newcastle to Div 3.  A lot of it is being at the right club at the right time...for example a lot of Town fans wanted to see Gary Speed given a crack at management here, but Blades fans think they've dodged a bullet as he got them heading for Div 3.

Appointing a new manager is an inexact science....Burnley for instance appointed Laws, because they hired some recruitment consultants who number crunched and found that Laws, produced more points for budget than any other candidates....

Bormuff got Howe, because they were completely screwed, nobody else wanted it, they probably deserved a bit of luck after being shat on by the FL.

I still think Wilson can turn this around..
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 23:11:49 »

January really is a pivotal month for us with the window now open and a run of 6 league games,
including successive games against Yeovil,Rovers and Tranmere.

Safe to say we'll either be looking pretty safe in midtable, or in the midst of a relegation dogfight.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 23:22:45 »

Has Ray Wilkins got a job yet?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 23:25:58 »

only back on sky...
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 00:10:38 »

IN

Because Reg says so.

That said, this season has been one poohy pile of complacency, stubborness and frustration and shit.  For all that, we just need A Big Moment, a catalyst to make the world seem less smelly and maybe then we can all be friends again.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 08:39:01 »

The Wilson out brigade need to realise that unless something has drastically altered this Board wont throw money at a name manager.

So it will be a safe looking pair of hands from the lower league out of work types....just like last time.

When Malpas left your wanted Dave Hockaday as manager.

A lot of us tried to be very supportive towards Danny in his first six months at the club,
but you took great delight whenever there was a setback, of telling us,"I just feel he's
not the right man for us".

You seem to have had a huge about turn or was it some road to Damascas (nee Walcot) moment?

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #117 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 09:14:51 »

I just can't see him turning it around. He has more or less spunked his playing budget and filled the squad with utter shit.

Also i just do not get his tactics one bit,he starts pericard and after 70 mins brings on dossevi in every game yet yesterday starts ball and stays with two up front no matter what.

He brings on Timlin when we are chasing the game and brings on rose. He made no possitive changes whatsoever and can't remember the last time he did.

I am at a loss to understand what he is doing to be honest last season top performers seem to have had there confidence destroyed.

I'm begining to think last year he got lucky  with a couple of good loans and the fact that Paynter wanted to have a good season to cash in on his summer move.

I was down the middle with Wilson but what did it for me was seeing a headkine in the adver where he said he intends for swindon to shock the cherrys. We were at home against fucking bournemouth ffs there should have been no need for us to cause a shock.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 09:17:52 »

Not that it matters, but wasn't Sheehan injured yesterday? Mind you he look like a red card waiting to happen .
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 09:32:34 »

One of the worst aspects in football is when you see a very decent guy like Danny or even

the likes of Roy Hodgson struggling.There is a sense of wanting them to succeed, or even to

be put out of the misery that they're going through.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: