Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Austin  (Read 97141 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #390 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 11:18:06 »

I think the least you can do is change the thing under his name to something insulting

I'd like to (like some timeless childish retort) but I lack the ability to do things like that well. fB is You are the talent we need.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 14, 2011, 11:22:56 by Barry Scott » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 11:20:14 »

I'd like to (like some timeless childish retort) but I lack the ability to do things like that well. fB is the talent we need.
"Tittle tattler"
Barry Scott

« Reply #392 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 11:24:02 »

Thank you Mr. d. My post stands corrected.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 14:13:08 »

I think you'll find i stated some genuine info which was ridiculed as people wanted specifics, i gave some more info then it's shit stirring.

Always in the know aren't you Brian - leave it alone you didn't make it private life's are just that..private
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 15:40:27 »

Someone posted the other day about Celtic not looking at Austin anymore as they were looking elsewhere.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9345994.stm

Possibly could mean they could reignite interest in CA.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 16:22:46 »

Doubt it, if that article's correct:

no fee could be agreed between the two clubs.
It is believed the Norwegian side were wanting about £2m for the player

Unless they'd be willing to pay more for Charlie than they were for a Norwegian international
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 16:36:26 »

Sad thing is it really dosn't matter....he will be gone within the week....so who gives a fuck about rumours....i want to know who our new centre forward will be......rather read about those rumours.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 18:15:39 »

Sad thing is it really dosn't matter....he will be gone within the week....so who gives a fuck about rumours....i want to know who our new centre forward will be......rather read about those rumours.

Bloody hell Leefer you are depressed today.
stfc1969

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 18:59:35 »

this
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 19:12:32 »

Bloody hell Leefer you are depressed today.

He's not alone though.  Two people I know who are season ticket holders have told me today that they are so pissed off with everything on and off the field that they won't be renewing their season tickets.  One has said that he can't even be bothered with the rest of this season.  My dad has followed swindon for more than 50 years and even he says he feels conned after all the promises that were made in the summer and as far as he's concerned we're going backwards again. This is obviously only the tip of the iceberg and I don't doubt there's plenty more thinking along these lines.  I'm not far off tbh.

Unless some money is invested on new players in the next couple of weeks in the obvious positions they are needed, Fitton and Co are seriously going to run the risk of cutting their regular home support in half.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #400 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 19:15:51 »

If people are going to stop going because for the sole reason we have been shit this season then they are fickle.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 19:18:21 »

He's not alone though.  Two people I know who are season ticket holders have told me today that they are so pissed off with everything on and off the field that they won't be renewing their season tickets.  One has said that he can't even be bothered with the rest of this season.  My dad has followed swindon for more than 50 years and even he says he feels conned after all the promises that were made in the summer and as far as he's concerned we're going backwards again. This is obviously only the tip of the iceberg and I don't doubt there's plenty more thinking along these lines.  I'm not far off tbh.

Unless some money is invested on new players in the next couple of weeks in the obvious positions they are needed, Fitton and Co are seriously going to run the risk of cutting their regular home support in half.

Let's wait and see what happens in the next few weeks before we run our mouths off about Fitton and how the club currently is.

You sound like most people who were pissed off in the Malpas era or even beyond that. This is nowhere near that bad. OK so things haven't gone well on the pitch but we're a much better club now than we were even a few years back. We have to rebuild now for next season not just the rest of this one. So sadly selling players is a part of that as well as signing them. I think it's a bit extreme to claim that the support will cut in half and that you're not going to bother anymore just because we've sold Sean Morrison (i'm not aiming that directly at you btw I just mean in general)but hey ho.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 19:25:56 »

they are so pissed off with everything on and off the field that they won't be renewing their season tickets.
On the field, I can understand, it has been a very disappointing season so far. Won't stop me renewing, nor most people I know, but I can understand it. But, genuinely curious, what's their beef with "off the field" stuff? The club seems better run and healthier than it's been for a long time off the field
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 19:26:38 »

If people are going to stop going because for the sole reason we have been shit this season then they are fickle.

It's not about being fickle and it's not about one bad season. It's more a case of having been shit and the club being in an utterly dire state for years and years, it looked like we were starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. But this season there's been no progression. Selling Greer, horribly inconsistent performances, probably selling Austin, I know....blah blah blah moan moan moan...it think it's having your hopes built up and then dashed again and again. It just fucking wears you down after a while. I'm in the Leefer camp  Suicide

I'm not saying Fitton's doing a bad job, or Wilson. I'm just sick of it.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 14, 2011, 19:28:20 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 19:29:05 »

If Leefers depressed, what hope do the rest of us have!!

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: