Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Danny Wilson  (Read 30901 times)

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 09:05:42 »

wilson has done a good job here previously.does that mean he and his signings will deliver the same again?
personally i think not.but i'd give him longer yet.....
shaw_red

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 09:08:25 »

Keep the faith chaps.
in Wilson we trust.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 09:10:44 »

Who with board backing and the fans on his side managed the same as Andy King.

Not sure I follow your point, Ben.  Are you saying that you rate DW's prospects of taking us higher no better than Andy King's after 2003/04?  King did give us a good season, built largely on the astute signing (because scouting/finding players was always his strength) of a superb strike force in Parkin and Mooney.  I think we all knew it wasn't going to last.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 09:11:40 »

wilson has done a good job here previously.does that mean he and his signings will deliver the same again?
personally i think not.but i'd give him longer yet.....

No it does not. It also doesn't perclude his next signings being even better than last year.

Alex Ferguson: Appointed @ Man U in 1986. First league title: 1992-93. Took him a while to get it right. He'd never get that amount of time now. Managers these days are sacked too quickly.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 09:15:17 »

This is the post that best reflects my views.  Danny Wilson is the best manager we've had in years.  He took us to Wembley 6 months ago.  Since then, it's gone backwards and he, like us, will know the reasons why.

If we are worth anything as fans, we'll give him a little more time to sort things out.  Otherwise, what's the message?  We demand loyalty of our players, loyalty of our manager.  And when the going gets tough...show no loyalty what ever ourselves.  Need to be clever about this.  We're probably not going to mount a promotion challenge this season...and that's a shame.  But in my view, the man best placed to put together a challenge for 2011/12 is Danny Wilson.

Great Post! THERE'S ONLY ONE DANNY WILSON!!!!
flammableBen

« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 09:17:45 »

Not sure I follow your point, Ben.  Are you saying that you rate DW's prospects of taking us higher no better than Andy King's after 2003/04?  King did give us a good season, built largely on the astute signing (because scouting/finding players was always his strength) of a superb strike force in Parkin and Mooney.  I think we all knew it wasn't going to last.

I just think it's an interesting comparison when people start saying that Wilson is the best manager we've had in half a century or whatever
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 09:20:54 »

This is the post that best reflects my views.  Danny Wilson is the best manager we've had in years.  He took us to Wembley 6 months ago.  Since then, it's gone backwards and he, like us, will know the reasons why.

If we are worth anything as fans, we'll give him a little more time to sort things out.  Otherwise, what's the message?  We demand loyalty of our players, loyalty of our manager.  And when the going gets tough...show no loyalty what ever ourselves.  Need to be clever about this.  We're probably not going to mount a promotion challenge this season...and that's a shame.  But in my view, the man best placed to put together a challenge for 2011/12 is Danny Wilson.
Said it before and I'll say it again: why isn't Ardiles Prime Minister? No, dammit, President of an enlarged EU SuperState for life!
flammableBen

« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 09:25:26 »

Yes. Those fucked off at danny wilson are not worth anything as fans.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 09:25:43 »

Embarrassed Embarrassed

Thanks Paul.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 09:25:54 »

Ok so we sack Wilson 6 months after taking us to Wembley. Last season was memorable for so many reasons, Regardless who is here, we need a CB I am sure Danny Wilson is well aware of this fact and is working to address this. Not sure who else I would want apart from maybe Pardew even if Wilson did go. I think it would be a massive step back to sack Wilson. He has a proven record as this level and I am sure come January the signings will come, Who is to say Frampton still is not the answer if he gets fit?
dell boy

« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 09:32:20 »

Ok so we sack Wilson 6 months after taking us to Wembley. Last season was memorable for so many reasons, Regardless who is here, we need a CB I am sure Danny Wilson is well aware of this fact and is working to address this. Not sure who else I would want apart from maybe Pardew even if Wilson did go. I think it would be a massive step back to sack Wilson. He has a proven record as this level and I am sure come January the signings will come, Who is to say Frampton still is not the answer if he gets fit?

Last season was last season. We are out the Piss Pot Cup, League Cup, FA Cup?! and one place off relegation.

What was Malpas's record at this time of the season when he got sacked?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 09:33:06 »

I just think it's an interesting comparison when people start saying that Wilson is the best manager we've had in half a century or whatever

I just think we need to be realistic.  If we're saying that three months of poor form is sufficient to warrant the dismissal of a manager - even when the previous season he performed strongly - the conclusion you have to draw from that is that we are expecting permanent success.  And since when has that been realistic, or achievable?  Never.

Life isn't like that.  We are going to have poor spells.  But the clever teams don't jettison their key staff during every one of those poor spells.  For what it's worth, I'm pissed off too.  I think we should be doing better than we are - and yes, I think DW does need to raise his game.  But the key points for me are that:

(a) I believe he is capable of raising his game; and
(b) I think he is more likely than not to raise his game and turn things around for us.

Clearly, if these things do not happen, he will need to go.  I just don't think we're anything like near that point yet.
Lumps

« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 09:33:45 »

Well its obvious to me the board are planning to go down the "short arsed Argentine world cup star" route again.

DIEGO! DIEGO!
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 09:35:18 »

Danny Wilson is the best manager we've had in years.  He took us to Wembley 6 months ago.  Since then, it's gone backwards and he, like us, will know the reasons why.

I completely agree with Ardiles. We need to stick by Danny. He deserves more time.

That said, I am as concerned as the next man, and I am sure that Mr Fitton is not impressed that after two years we are in a lower league position than when MM was fired and when Danny took over.

He has done a good job in bringing in some decent flair players, but the backbone of the team in not solid enough and we will never do anything without a solid defence. We must sort out the centre backs, and in my view the keepers are not reliable enough. The staggering thing is that I am saying this at all. We all know it, so why is nothing being done about it. The writing has been on the wall since the day Greer was sold. So fix the effing problem, or deserve the sack.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 09:41:46 »

Well its obvious to me the board are planning to go down the "short arsed Argentine world cup star" route again.

DIEGO! DIEGO!

Apparently he was in the area getting his beard trimmed, so I would say he's a shoe-in.

I asked him once, "Diego, was it your fault that we lost in the World Cup semi-final in '86?"
He said "No, it wasn't entirely my fault, however I had a hand in it!"

We need to stick with Wilson, I agree with Ardiles' post 100%.
We'll beat Crawley and then Sheff Wed and everything will be rosy again Smiley
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 09:43:37 by Ginginho » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: