Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FIFA Corruption  (Read 25908 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 16:51:57 »

Fuck off adje every country said our bid was good we all know the presentation is not the reason we did not get it.
Absolutely. It was Cameron.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 16:55:42 »

England only got 2 votes !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 16:56:39 »

I think it made little to fuck all difference. And I'm already fed up of the Mail/NewsCorp wrapping themselves in the flag and using it as another stick in their ongoing ideological row with the BBC which has fuck all to do with the World Cup while ignoring their own similar (but significantly less well-founded) stories. And tabloid dog-nodders just going along with whatever they're told by shits like Murdoch.

The difference is, we can chose to boycott Murdoch etc (i.e. Liverpool) but can't the BBC (without going to prison). An investigation 3 days before a vote? On a subject which tells us essentially nothing new. The timing obviously was quite deliberate but not in the sense of hoping to clean up FIFA.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 17:06:11 »

I don't think the Sunday Times/Panorama had anything to do with it. We all know FIFA are corrupt. Just read the books 'How They Stole The Game?' and 'Foul! The Secret World of FIFA' and the allegations are out there...and due to the lack of legal action against these books by the FIFA members say that these stories must be true, and most of the allegations in the Panorama programme were already in the public domain.

BAZINGA !!

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 17:08:03 »

The difference is, we can chose to boycott Murdoch etc (i.e. Liverpool) but can't the BBC (without going to prison).
And what in the name of jimminy heck has that got to do with whether or not we didn't get the World Cup? Do you think FIFA gave it to Russia as a blow against the tyranny of the license fee?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 17:08:42 »

Im a little bit suspicious that some people started cheering before they announced the winner!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 17:09:04 »

Full results of 2018 voting:

Round 1: England 2 votes, Netherlands/Belgium 4 votes, Spain/Portugal 7 votes and Russia 9 votes.

Round 2: Netherlands/Belgium 2 votes, Spain/Portugal 7 votes and Russia 13 votes (Russia obtain absolute majority)

« Last Edit: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 17:16:16 by Summerof69 » Logged

BAZINGA !!

alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 17:09:23 »

England only got 2 votes !!!

Effectively it was 1 vote from another country,unless Geoff Thompson forgot to vote for us.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 17:11:10 »

Every cloud has a silver lining and in this instance, it's knowing the likes of Wankleman and Lansdown have had their megalomania curbed.

I've no problem with mother Russia getting it.....the last week has given us a bit of an insight into what life must be like in Kazan and Novosibirsk....so anything other than industrial quantities of vodka which brings a bit of joy into their lives, has to be applauded.

Qatar is ace though....you really couldn't make it up.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 17:15:30 »

I've no problem with mother Russia getting it.....the last week has given us a bit of an insight into what life must be like in Kazan and Novosibirsk....so anything other than industrial quantities of vodka which brings a bit of joy into their lives, has to be applauded.

Having seen the feature/report on Saransk, grim isn't the word.It was best know in Stalin's time
for it's Gulag.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 17:15:43 »

Am I alone in being glad we didn't get it?  The only way to win the vote was to throw taxpayers money (or money from the FA) at corrupt, thieving scum.  The decisions prove this.  Also we would have to give FIFA tax exemption, fuck that.  Milton Keynes now gets fuck all, good.

It comes to something when FIFA are more corrupt than our politicians, but they've managed it.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 17:17:44 »

Effectively it was 1 vote from another country,unless Geoff Thompson forgot to vote for us.
I wouldn't rule that out. Two votes? FFS. You don't need an indepth Sunday Times expose to tell you that's bent
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 17:19:10 »

Am I alone in being glad we didn't get it?  The only way to win the vote was to throw taxpayers money (or money from the FA) at corrupt, thieving scum.  The decisions prove this.  Also we would have to give FIFA tax exemption, fuck that.  Milton Keynes now gets fuck all, good.

It comes to something when FIFA are more corrupt than our politicians, but they've managed it.
I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm glad. But I was and remain pretty ambivalent about it for all the reasons you highlight above. Especially the bit about FIFA getting to pretty much dictate our laws and getting legal exemption from pretty much everything, including taxes.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 17:23:10 »

Lets not bother bidding for a 2030 bid as is already being mentioned, Uruquay/Argentina will get it in the centenary year.

My thoughts are Russia, fair enough, a big player on the world stage who hasnt had it, dont have a problem with that. Qatar is a joke.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 17:23:24 »

Am I alone in being glad we didn't get it?  The only way to win the vote was to throw taxpayers money (or money from the FA) at corrupt, thieving scum.  The decisions prove this.  Also we would have to give FIFA tax exemption, fuck that.  Milton Keynes now gets fuck all, good.

Fully agree with the fact that it's good that the plastic club doesn't get what Wankleman wated for his plastic club, and it's good that we haven't resorted to bungs. If Panorama wants to do something good, try and find out the bungs given to FIFA execs to 'help' with their decisions for these votes, and not somthing that happened 10 years ago, which has been covered.

It'll probably be the only way to bring down Blatter and FIFA.

BAZINGA !!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: