Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2010/11 Fixtures  (Read 17681 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #105 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 10:45:39 »

I was worried about Plymouth & Bournemouth being midweek, because there is the possibility (well, probability) of some fans punching each other upside the head, and kicking each other in the cock and bollocks. The rozzers get involved with the fixture planning for this very reason.

Just another example of the hoolies spoiling things for the majority.

Call me arrogant or whatever you want. But this post is total bullshit. Stuff like this reaks of Police/Media propoganda designed to divide the fans.

Thats the reason you've taken some flack from plenty of posters, its because you did pin 100% blame on Swindon followers for us not getting saturday away games at Bournemouth and Plymouth.

If you say things like that then youve got to back it up. We've had plenty of saturday games at those grounds. Our last 2 games at Plymouth were on saturdays. Our last 3 games with Bournemouth were on satudays, and the 1 before that on a bank holliday monday in August! Sooner or later we will get a fixture for every club we play on a tuesday night, law of averages.

I think one thing you can say with banning orders and bail restrictions nowadays is that things change very quickly in terms of football groups, who's hot and who's not if you like? At the moment Swindon's mob is quiet. Probably the least active its been in 10 years.

The Police know that, and thats the reason I dont believe weve been denied saturday games at those 2 clubs. I think its just coincidence. And if the Police have denied us saturday games at those 2 clubs then its no one elses fault but the overeaction of the Police forces of those 2 clubs. Your conclusion to blame Swindon's support doesnt make sense, despite everything else you've said being correct.

Our last 3 games at Swansea have been tuesday night games. It means you cant use the train for that fixture. Thats the sort of strong evidence you need if your going to start blaming Swindon fans for shitty fixtures.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 11:06:09 by Spencer_White » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 11:44:46 »

Spence....last time at Bormuff, there was trouble, that's all that's needed for it to be booked in mid week.  Bormuff have always been a bit wary of STFC, back in the 80's you couldn't get a beer anywhere near Dean Court on a matchday, as the pubs were told to close.  Angry

Plymuff is more likely coincidental....
laufav

« Reply #107 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 12:03:52 »

The FL can't really win with midweek games. If they give us long haul ones, people moan because of needing time off work etc. If they give us local ones, which, relatively speaking, Bournemouth and Plymouth are, it can be seen as ruining good days out. Just need to make do with what we're given I guess.
Spencer_White

« Reply #108 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 12:55:43 »

Spence....last time at Bormuff, there was trouble, that's all that's needed for it to be booked in mid week.  Bormuff have always been a bit wary of STFC, back in the 80's you couldn't get a beer anywhere near Dean Court on a matchday, as the pubs were told to close.  Angry

Plymuff is more likely coincidental....

Not a lot. By far and away the worst trouble we had down there was the 18th December 2004 match. Had 2 saturday games down there since then.
Spencer_White

« Reply #109 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 13:22:26 »

Edit - Ive made an error, this post below include friendlies and stuff - so useless.

there are a few teams we could do with beating this season for the record book.

Weve had 64 wins against Bristol Rovers, 64 losses. 31 wins each with Walsall. 18 wins each with Peterborough. 26 wins each with Colchester.

Weve had 54 wins against Brighton to their 53 (yes thats right Brighton, were better than you). 26 wins over Orient and 25 losses. Yeovil and Franchise, both 5 wins to their 3. 13 defeats against Sheffield Wednesday and 12 wins. Dagenham, 1 defeat and a draw from 2 games (Doh!).

Of the current Football League teams there are only 33 that weve got the better of over history. Weve had a better record over history of 13 teams out of the 23 current other league 1 clubs. Great chance to add another 6 clubs to that list this season. By the end of this season we could have got the better of 19 out of the 23 current league 1 clubs!
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 14:31:38 by Spencer_White » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 13:40:55 »

there are a few teams we could do with beating this season for the record book.

Weve had 64 wins against Bristol Rovers, 64 losses. 31 wins each with Walsall. 18 wins each with Peterborough. 26 wins each with Colchester.

Weve had 54 wins against Brighton to their 53 (yes thats right Brighton, were better than you). 26 wins over Orient and 25 losses. Yeovil and Franchise, both 5 wins to their 3. 13 defeats against Sheffield Wednesday and 12 wins. Dagenham, 1 defeat and a draw from 2 games (Doh!).

Of the current Football League teams there are only 33 that weve got the better of over history. Weve had a better record over history of 13 teams out of the 23 current other league 1 clubs. Great chance to add another 6 clubs to that list this season. By the end of this season we could have got the better of 19 out of the 23 current league 1 clubs!

Heh! heh!

Statto Cool

We do owe Rovers a couple of good trashings though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 13:52:38 »

You want to be a bit more selective with these stats Spence....nicking them off Richard Banyard's site, includes lots of strange stuff like War Time fixtures, which aren't too relevant.

Also we've never played D and R.....the Dagenham we played in the cup is a different outfit.

A stat worth contemplating is that we've beaten all the eligible 91 in league or some 1st class cup comps, over the years...apart from D and R and Burton A, who we've never played.
Spencer_White

« Reply #112 on: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 14:49:42 »

Sorry, right you are Reg.

Weve beaten Rovers 43 times to their 37. Not really even close. Brighton have 41 wins to our 39 (doh!), so we could draw level with them this season?

So out of the 91 other clubs in the league, weve got the better of 36 clubs (competitive league, FA Cup and Football League competitions).

STFC still have a better record over 13 of the 23 league 1 clubs.

We could add another 5 clubs to that list during this league season. Dagenham & R (as Reg says weve never played them before), Walsall (31 wins each), Peterborough (18 wins each), Colchester (26 wins each) and suprisingly, Sheffield Wednesday (12 wins and 13 defeats).

If you're into this sort of thing, thats still quite a lot of clubs we could get the better of this league season?

One F In Fitton

« Reply #113 on: Monday, June 21, 2010, 16:15:04 »

I find you quite interesting. Not to mention bemusing. So in your world people can't put an opinion forward unless they have evidence to back it up?! It is a reasonable view, based on the procedures that I'm aware of - any level-headed person will agree with that. You're saying about trains to Swansea - how is this "strong evidence"?! Hoolies are incapable of travelling on the road then? Sorry but that's laughable. I take it you're not a lawyer. Post a video clip of someone from the Football League or Police saying that this is the reason then I'll believe you.

You're completely consumed by me blaming Town fans, when I was talking about potential trouble from both sides, I wasn't singling out Town fans. I've seen plenty of it with these teams over a long period of time, and I know there are feelings there. "Flack from plenty of posters"? It was 2.

You're telling me that I've got an agenda but I'm just offering an opinion, and connecting it to things that I know to be true. Fuck me you've gone OTT here. Are you always this sensitive when people talk about yobbos? hmmmm, it doesn't look like I'm the one with the agenda, eh......   

Spencer_White

« Reply #114 on: Monday, June 21, 2010, 21:30:41 »

the "strong evidence" was that the last 3 away trips to Swansea have been tuesday night games. Once you get 3 in a row I cant believe thats a coincidence. Regarding the trains, thats my theory of why we never seem to get saturday games there. Theres literally only 1 road in and out of Swansea, which makes it easy to police. The law on football and road travel (particularly coach travel) is also extremely strict. Its not that they are incapable, just makes travelling much harder work.

If Ive got an agenda its getting rid of football myths.

In terms of police moving football fixtures we dont have a lot to moan about? I dont think weve ever even had a 'bubble game' where all supporters have to travel on supporters coach. We're under nothing like the restrictions of clubs like Bristol City.

One other theory I have about tuesday night games is that although they reduce turnout, they are also much harder to police. On a saturday, most games have a predictable routine. Away fans turn up about 11, find a pub, pub is empty and they stick out like a sore thumb, so police find them. On a tuesday you might have fans turning up at anytime from midday to 6pm. Obviously its dark, much less visibility. Also much more drinking time before the game. Leeds last season was much more aggravation than the 2 saturday games beforehand. Southampton away, very moody. To be honest I was crapping it about getting Millwall in a play off semi in midweek. If Swindon are doing well, I think those 2 fixtures (Bournemouth & Plymouth) could be much more lively because they are tuesday night games.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, June 21, 2010, 21:50:51 »

The Swansea games have also been all ticket, as one year I went about 3pm to get a ticket after work and STFC has sent them back so I couldnt get one.

The Swansea home games, we've had one on New Years Day and the other was New Years Eve.

Coupled in with away games being mid week, kind of leads towards Spencers point being right.
spacey

« Reply #116 on: Monday, June 21, 2010, 22:58:42 »

Dave, Dave, Dave! How many times does One F in Fitton have to say that he isn't bothered before people realise that he isn't bothered?! I don't think I've ever come across anyone less bothered in all my life.  I'd go as far as saying that his lack of botheredness reaches levels that I'd previously thought impossible. I don't want to see you or Spencer White on this thread again unless it's to apologise.
One F In Fitton

« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 01:52:11 »

Dave - I went to the last Swansea away game, and we definitely paid on the night - I remember getting sent to the ticket office. But if the police have had an influence on the Swansea games - you've only served to back-up my point! All I said was that they decide to move certain games, and for the others they just ensure that they have enough resources to be able to do their job properly (this second point has been ignored so many times that I've now lost count). Another very important consideration is the yearly budgets of the relevant police forces and the clubs, which can change drastically every year, therefore making some seasons look very different to others.

The word 'evidence' is getting looser and looser on here. Lots of semi-cooked theories and guesswork. I was shouted down, but the truth is that none of us know for sure. Like I've said all along, at least I admit that mine is only an opinion.

This Spacey fella appears at interesting times, and with an interesting attitude. As long as it makes you happy......
uopuims

« Reply #118 on: Sunday, June 27, 2010, 12:29:37 »

'I'll scratch your eyes out, you bitch'.

I  wonder if Bristol Rovers are planning on calling in the Queen's Tap again when they trvel to Poxford in the League Cup.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 19:03:31 »

For all the geeks. The forum won't let me upload a .csv file so open in Notepad, save as .csv and import to your calendar of choice.

wont let me change the file extension when I "save as" Sam
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: