Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Alex Henshall  (Read 18164 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« on: Sunday, June 6, 2010, 13:15:20 »

It was my grandson's presentation last night at the Legends Lounge (he plays Under 7 for Ferndale Rodbourne), amongst the people there doing the presentations was Alex Henshall and it was announced that he had left Swindon and signed for Manchester City.  Not a wise choice in my opinion, he might have been better off at Villa! Hmmm
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, June 6, 2010, 13:25:34 »

Was hed telling everyone how he is going to be earning 20k a week ronnie as soon as he plays a first team team game.

Agree with you about the choice of club ronnie bit i wonder if selfishly the club may have pushed him that way a little bit due to the ongoing links we have.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, June 6, 2010, 13:31:56 »

Old news. Think we knew he was gone as soon as there was no talking of us offering him a pro contract the second he was old enough.

More importantly to us, is the fee?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, June 6, 2010, 13:32:20 »

I wasn't there myself Dean, grandson and parents were there and reported back!!  I agree with you, it is now obvious where the link with Man City started!!!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, June 6, 2010, 13:33:03 »

50 quid and packet of pork scratchings
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, June 6, 2010, 13:34:42 »

Old news. Think we knew he was gone as soon as there was no talking of us offering him a pro contract the second he was old enough.

More importantly to us, is the fee?
Old news?  Old rumours!!  Why have the club not made a statement to that effect!!  If the fee is no better than the Liverpool deal then there is not much to look forward to bar a couple of loanees.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, June 6, 2010, 13:36:49 »

Im just struggling to fathom as to why a 15 year old kid would be dishing out awards at a ceremony. Its not as if he is well known etc.

I dont doubt you Ronnie
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, June 6, 2010, 13:43:56 »

First team players are never available this time of year Tans.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, June 6, 2010, 13:54:35 »

50 quid and packet of pork scratchings

That was the old board, who would've taken any old offer.

I wouldn't be surprised that we would get a fair whack, probably mostly based on first team appearances.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, June 6, 2010, 13:57:51 »

Im just struggling to fathom as to why a 15 year old kid would be dishing out awards at a ceremony. Its not as if he is well known etc.

I dont doubt you Ronnie
Right on Tans, it was a Ferndale Rodbourne "do" and he came through from the under 7's at FR along with the other guy handing out the awards, they couldn't remember his name but thought it was Parsons!  There's a pic on Facebook under Karen Payne, Dan's football photos!!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, June 6, 2010, 14:00:21 »

Makes you wonder exactly what Fitton was discussing when he was up at Man City, a tie up or a compensation package for Henshall or most likely both. Hopefully it will be a good deal, especially as Man City will look right wankers if they don't splash a fair bit of cash in our direction.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, June 6, 2010, 16:46:52 »

Right on Tans, it was a Ferndale Rodbourne "do" and he came through from the under 7's at FR along with the other guy handing out the awards, they couldn't remember his name but thought it was Parsons!  There's a pic on Facebook under Karen Payne, Dan's football photos!!

Josh Parsons - he's my friend's son.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, June 6, 2010, 17:04:30 »

I do find the youth set up very discouraging at Swindon these days,a good or very good prospect is off at the first opportunity(not blaming them,money etc) leaving us with players who to be frank have little or no chance of getting in the first team.....so whats the point of funding this and wouldnt we be better off putting this money to better use.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, June 6, 2010, 17:17:58 »

Josh Parsons - he's my friend's son.
Yep, that is who was with AH.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, June 6, 2010, 17:29:47 »

I do find the youth set up very discouraging at Swindon these days,a good or very good prospect is off at the first opportunity(not blaming them,money etc) leaving us with players who to be frank have little or no chance of getting in the first team.....so whats the point of funding this and wouldnt we be better off putting this money to better use.

You will be hard pushed though Leefer to find a team outside the premiership who keeps hold of there talented youngsters.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: