Pages: 1 ... 2544 2545 2546 [2547] 2548 2549 2550 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047333 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #38190 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 18:07:38 »

Strange you should say that. That’s the route I chose on Google Maps. Down the A420, through Wick, hang a left at Warmley. Then it all went to shit. There should be a road off the M5 to the airport.

Yeah, Hengrove and Bishopsworth. Best route.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #38191 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 08:32:35 »

When I used Twitter, blocking Piers Morgan was one of the best things I did.

Another Conservative 'commentator' that's now appeared on my feed is Darren Grimes. He appears to be one down on the loopy scale from Laurence Fox. I think I probably need to get off this platform before it combusts! Quite why the algorithm thinks I am interested in what these wittering snowflakes have to say is beyond me.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #38192 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 08:37:48 »

Darren Grimes.

AKA Crafty Wank
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #38193 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 08:45:46 »

Another Conservative 'commentator' that's now appeared on my feed is Darren Grimes. He appears to be one down on the loopy scale from Laurence Fox. I think I probably need to get off this platform before it combusts! Quite why the algorithm thinks I am interested in what these wittering snowflakes have to say is beyond me.

It all changed when Musk took over, I similarly started to continually get tweets suggested from Crafty Wank, that red head Sophie lass who claims simultaneously to be being bullied by the Tory Party whilst also appearing in loads of their propaganda, and a couple of high profile right wing commentators (including Glenda Jackson's lad). Just mute them and it all seems to have gone back to the usual nonsense, FWIW done the same with Rachael Swindon and other belligerents from the other side as well!

Imagine being Billie Piper and Chris Evans not being your most embarrassing ex husband!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #38194 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 09:41:12 »

You need to select the "following" feed rather than the "for you" feed

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #38195 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 09:51:49 »

You need to select the "following" feed rather than the "for you" feed

I know how it works Berni. I don't follow very much so that feed isn't very busy at all. The 'for you' feed is a bit like driving past a road accident, you really don't want to slow down and have a look, but as you get closer the intrigue tends to take over!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #38196 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 13:01:59 »

I could have posted this in a number of threads but chose here. I've noticed this a few times now but football fans of clubs that have lost in the play offs getting uppity about players going out for a few drinks and 'having a good time'. I mean it's been a long season and do people really expect players to just go home and mope about? I've seen a few posts on twitter where people are OUTRAGED that players have been pictured out and about drinking and having a laugh.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #38197 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 13:05:41 »

I could have posted this in a number of threads but chose here. I've noticed this a few times now but football fans of clubs that have lost in the play offs getting uppity about players going out for a few drinks and 'having a good time'. I mean it's been a long season and do people really expect players to just go home and mope about? I've seen a few posts on twitter where people are OUTRAGED that players have been pictured out and about drinking and having a laugh.

Never underestimate the perpetually outraged football fan. See also calling a player a cunt for 90 mins, but god forbid if he bites back then the pearls get clutched....   Cheesy
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #38198 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 13:06:11 »

You’d assume none of those people moaning have gone for a beer after having a shit day at work, wouldn’t you?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #38199 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 13:10:08 »

You’d assume none of those people moaning have gone for a beer after having a shit day at work, wouldn’t you?

I actually meant to finish my post with that exact point Quaggy but I forgot!

Never underestimate the perpetually outraged football fan. See also calling a player a cunt for 90 mins, but god forbid if he bites back then the pearls get clutched....   Cheesy

I am fascinated by the behaviour of the average football fan. During boring games (which at Swindon is more often than not) I often spend time trying to understand why people act in a certain way, it can be really interesting.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 22, 2023, 13:46:20 by Bob's Orange » Logged

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #38200 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 13:42:03 »

Maybe the point of going to football is to behave differently. Not many places you can rant and rave.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #38201 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 14:03:19 »

It is what Soshul Meeja exist for- to pour fuel on the fire of minor displeasure so that folk can feel good about themselves for feeling ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY INCANDESCENT WITH RAGE about stuff for no reason other than iot gets them likes/ follows.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #38202 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 09:03:10 »

WTF?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-65642976
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #38203 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 09:21:37 »

"She had a walking frame. But she had a knife"

This guy was 33... Go directly to jail. Do not pass go.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #38204 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 11:39:06 »

Human beings, why is it up to the hotel to provide free parking, Jesus a tenner is literally two drinks in the bar these days!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-65682598
Pages: 1 ... 2544 2545 2546 [2547] 2548 2549 2550 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: