Pages: 1 ... 2371 2372 2373 [2374] 2375 2376 2377 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5046825 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #35595 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 09:51:37 »

Yep, done that too  Wink
The other one thats an amazing but very difficult road with stunning views is the Invergarry to Kyle of Lochalsh on the A87.

Has to be driven if you haven't yet done it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35596 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 09:52:23 »

You want to drive up "The Struggle" out of Ambleside in the Lake District, its about 3 miles long but it feels like its about 20 miles! mentally exhausting as well as physically even with power steering.

Better on a bike apparently.....
Peter Venkman

« Reply #35597 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 09:52:49 »

Better on a bike apparently.....
Not with a metal back like mine Smiley

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #35598 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 10:15:55 »

Not with a metal back like mine Smiley

Indeed, most confess I have ridden up and over Kirkstone on numerous occasions, but always avoided the Struggle.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #35599 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 10:31:36 »

Indeed, most confess I have ridden up and over Kirkstone on numerous occasions, but always avoided the Struggle.
TBF the Struggle is a bit like saying Charles Bronson is the worst inmate in a prison full of murderers! some very "challenging" roads on whatever form of transport you choose!

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #35600 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 11:30:31 »

We drove through the hardknott pass last year, which was beautiful and incredibly stressful. Luckily managed the whole thing without anyone coming the opposite direction, as I wouldn’t have liked to manoeuvre round at some points

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman

« Reply #35601 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 11:51:50 »

Thats a still from my dashcam of the Hardknott Pass back in August.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #35602 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 13:36:59 »

Need to do Hardknott on my road bike - Climbing legs are starting to return after my accident, but weight loss required first!

Kyle of Lochalsh - Drove the NC500 in a massive campervan earlier this year (the day after people were allowed to start traveling into Scotland again). Only regret is not being able to go over to Applecross on Bealach na Ba as the van was too big and the wife wouldn't drive to Applecross via Shieldaig while I tried killing myself up it on the bike! (Had to be content with riding it virtually on Rouvy instead). The NC500 has the most beautiful and spectacular scenery, with something different around every corner.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #35603 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 20:12:00 »

Need to do Hardknott on my road bike - Climbing legs are starting to return after my accident, but weight loss required first!

Kyle of Lochalsh - Drove the NC500 in a massive campervan earlier this year (the day after people were allowed to start traveling into Scotland again). Only regret is not being able to go over to Applecross on Bealach na Ba as the van was too big and the wife wouldn't drive to Applecross via Shieldaig while I tried killing myself up it on the bike! (Had to be content with riding it virtually on Rouvy instead). The NC500 has the most beautiful and spectacular scenery, with something different around every corner.
You must try and get back to the Pass of the Cattle NMH, one of the most beautiful roads I have ever been on. We’ve done it in both directions, and the last time we got a puncture about 10 minutes after our descent!!

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35604 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 20:53:59 »

Who's responsible for clearing away roadkill? I always thought it was the local council? There's been a dead deer between Wroughton and Broad Hinton for around 10 days now. Any longer it'll be a pile of bones. A fresh killed deer now adorns the road near Avebury. It's in 3 pieces. Wonder how long that will be there.  Roll Eyes
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #35605 on: Monday, October 11, 2021, 21:24:23 »

Who's responsible for clearing away roadkill? I always thought it was the local council? There's been a dead deer between Wroughton and Broad Hinton for around 10 days now. Any longer it'll be a pile of bones. A fresh killed deer now adorns the road near Avebury. It's in 3 pieces. Wonder how long that will be there.  Roll Eyes

Not sure which Council is responsible for those particular roads but, for Swindon Borough Council controlled roads, there’s a reporting arrangement on the Council website:

https://www.swindon.gov.uk/info/20023/environmental_problems/23/report_a_dead_animal_in_a_public_area

I used it to report what looked like a recent deer roadkill on the roadside in Wichelstowe a couple of years ago and received an email back the next day saying they had removed it.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #35606 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 05:53:46 »

Simple answer here - Reduce the MASSIVE base pay and then add a small amount for data collection:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58873132

Be careful what you wish for gentlemen!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #35607 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 08:26:59 »

Nothing stopping you moving it, bit of Venison, lovely!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #35608 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 08:28:34 »

Looks like the BP backed Pure Planet are going bang then, if they don't think its worth bailing they obviously think its only going to get worse.....
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35609 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 09:41:49 »

Nothing stopping you moving it, bit of Venison, lovely!

I've heard of the haunch of venison, but not the head  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 2371 2372 2373 [2374] 2375 2376 2377 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: