Pages: 1 ... 2552 2553 2554 [2555] 2556 2557 2558 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5091460 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #38310 on: Monday, June 12, 2023, 09:56:52 »

We are back to the constant argument re Stop and Search.
Often completely ignoriong the fact that these individuals and groups are targetted because the intelligence indicates they are the ones likeley to be carrying the weapons being looked for.

Which individual groups is that mate? Can you link said evidence please?
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #38311 on: Monday, June 12, 2023, 10:00:06 »

Which individual groups is that mate? Can you link said evidence please?

I said individuals AND groups.

No I can't link to the intelligence because it is not in the public domain.

Perhaps you know this and are being a cunt on purpose to bait me- I don't know?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #38312 on: Monday, June 12, 2023, 10:09:46 »

I said individuals AND groups.

No I can't link to the intelligence because it is not in the public domain.

Perhaps you know this and are being a cunt on purpose to bait me- I don't know?

How is asking you to provide more evidence for a claim being a cunt?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #38313 on: Monday, June 12, 2023, 10:20:04 »

Assuming the individuals and groups you are talking about are BLACK PEOPLE. Since you seem to be too scared to say it directly. Here you go seeing as you're too lazy to try to back up your nonsense claims. I found this in a 5 min Google search.

In London, in 2017, black people were responsible for 50% of knife crime.

Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-report-of-the-commission-on-race-and-ethnic-disparities-supporting-research/understanding-ethnic-disparities-in-involvement-in-crime-a-limited-scope-rapid-evidence-review-by-professor-clifford-stott-et-al

Yet, overwhemingly, black people are stopped and searched up to 8 times more regularly than white people and more than any other ethnic group by a mile.

Source: https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.service.gov.uk/crime-justice-and-the-law/policing/stop-and-search/latest
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #38314 on: Monday, June 12, 2023, 10:27:09 »

I am not identifying BLACK PEOPLE at all. How about YOUNG PEOPLE?

I work with young people, some of whom go about tooled up for protection. They are WHITE.

So, just to put your mind at rest, I am not talking about race or ethnicity or religious groupings. The thought that maybe I was could be an indication of your prejudice against Police?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #38315 on: Monday, June 12, 2023, 11:08:15 »

Probably is - hence why I originally ASKED which individuals and groups you were talking about. I think you responded by calling me a cunt?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #38316 on: Monday, June 12, 2023, 11:17:48 »

I think you responded by calling me a cunt?
And there was me thinking you would be used to that by now Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #38317 on: Monday, June 12, 2023, 11:21:16 »

Probably is - hence why I originally ASKED which individuals and groups you were talking about. I think you responded by calling me a cunt?

I didn't call you a cunt outright- I asked if you were being a cunt and trying to bait me....
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #38318 on: Monday, June 12, 2023, 11:22:47 »

Can't see the mistake 

Cheesy
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #38319 on: Monday, June 12, 2023, 11:29:14 »

Assuming the individuals and groups you are talking about are BLACK PEOPLE. Since you seem to be too scared to say it directly. Here you go seeing as you're too lazy to try to back up your nonsense claims. I found this in a 5 min Google search.

In London, in 2017, black people were responsible for 50% of knife crime.

Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-report-of-the-commission-on-race-and-ethnic-disparities-supporting-research/understanding-ethnic-disparities-in-involvement-in-crime-a-limited-scope-rapid-evidence-review-by-professor-clifford-stott-et-al

Yet, overwhemingly, black people are stopped and searched up to 8 times more regularly than white people and more than any other ethnic group by a mile.

Source: https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.service.gov.uk/crime-justice-and-the-law/policing/stop-and-search/latest

To add context, 13.5% (I believe) of the population of London is of black origin so whilst being 8 times more likely to be stopped & searched is a ridiculous statistic, it’s not quite as bad as you may at first think.

The problem is that it appears that a large percentage of knife crime happens in the poorer areas, and in those areas there’s a higher percentage of ethnic minorities.

I don’t know if it is the case, but it doesn’t appear that knife crime is as big an issue in the Indian & Pakistani communities.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #38320 on: Monday, June 12, 2023, 11:29:33 »

I didn't call you a cunt outright- I asked if you were being a cunt and trying to bait me....

I can tell you're a fucking copper Cheesy

Are you going to answer the question or not? Which individuals and which groups are being targeted?
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #38321 on: Monday, June 12, 2023, 11:53:04 »

I can tell you're a fucking copper Cheesy

Are you going to answer the question or not? Which individuals and which groups are being targeted?

Correction- I used to be a copper but I'm alright now Wink

I don't know what (if any) individuals or groups are being targetted at the moment.

To use stop and search effectively, you have to target the individuals or groups that the information/ intelligence suggest are responsible for the offences you are trying to combat.

The link you quoted above carries a lot of data but, this strand of the thread was instigated by a stabbing. The data in your link relating to knife crime was extrapolated from information from The Met-

In relation to knife crime, a 2018 report entitled ‘Justice Matters: Disproportionality’[footnote 11] references data collected by the Metropolitan Police Service. This work showed that in London in 2017, 50% of knife crime offenders were BAME (up from 44% in 2008). In this total, 50% were under the age of 25 and the majority (90%) were male. 50% of knife crime victims were BAME. A similar pattern emerged when examining knife crime with injury. In 2017, 83% of offenders were male, 35% were aged between 17 to 24, and 69% were BAME. Victims of knife injuries shared a similar profile with offenders. 78% of victims were male, 32% were aged between 17 to 24, and 55% were BAME. Ethnic disparities were also evidenced when looking at knife possession. In 2017, 53% of possession of knife suspects were Black, and 37% of all suspects were Black men under the age of 25. This resonates with the arrest data on stop and search which showed that 56% of all people arrested for offensive weapons following a stop and search were Black.

The Met is a very different and totally fucked up organisation compared to Wiltshire Police or my old employer- Thames Valley Police. Extrapolating the stats for the whole of England and Wales on figures from The Met is like basing information about Swindon Town FC's performance against figures produced by Manchester City FC- not singing from the same song sheet. Granted as I said before, every force has officers whose motives are suspect. Once identified, these officers should be dismissed and barred form policing for life.

So, to further answer your question about who is being targetted- if the intelligence and information for Swindon suggests that a particular crime category is being commited by a particular section of the community, be they white, black, asian, eastern european, whatever, then they should be the ones subjected to more stop and searches.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #38322 on: Tuesday, June 13, 2023, 09:11:27 »

Fucking hell.

https://news.sky.com/story/nottingham-three-people-dead-and-a-man-arrested-after-major-incident-12901445

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #38323 on: Tuesday, June 13, 2023, 09:17:58 »

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/video/news/trump-supporter-people-aren-t-listening/vi-AA1ctwID?rc=1&ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=f053439f6bf344c6b4c63750ebafbc30&ei=8

Kari Lake - what a goof trampoline.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #38324 on: Tuesday, June 13, 2023, 12:01:36 »

Are the 1/3 of the UK population who believe all these conspiracy theories the same people in each case, scary innit!

Pages: 1 ... 2552 2553 2554 [2555] 2556 2557 2558 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: