Pages: 1 ... 2379 2380 2381 [2382] 2383 2384 2385 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5084675 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #35715 on: Thursday, November 4, 2021, 15:21:24 »

This whole Owen Patterson thing and how the govt have dealt with it

Govt u-turn on the vote yesterday (surprise surprise)

Now he has jacked it in because its not gone his way. What a bellend

"I will remain a public servant but outside the cruel world of politics."

FUCK off
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35716 on: Thursday, November 4, 2021, 15:52:28 »

"I will remain a public servant but outside the cruel world of politics."

FUCK off

To be fair, makes sense for him to quit his side line as a MP, lobbying pays a whole lot better.

As David Schneider has noted;

NOT CRUEL:
Cutting £20 a week from the poor
Depriving kids of free school meals
Criminalising people saving refugees from drowning
Refusing to listen to experts/bereaved families on Covid

CRUEL:
Not being allowed to break rules and trouser £100k extra a year

Interesting to note that he trousered £500/hr from Randox.. after this...

Randox wins £133m contract for Covid testing without any other firms getting chance to bid

- Govt makes Randox tests mandatory for travel

- Randox reports £218m revenue (+85%)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35717 on: Thursday, November 4, 2021, 16:01:34 »

WTF  Angry

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-59167648
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #35718 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 08:38:54 »

To be fair, makes sense for him to quit his side line as a MP, lobbying pays a whole lot better.

I somehow doubt he is going to be paid £200,000+ a year now he isn't a sitting MP
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35719 on: Friday, November 5, 2021, 10:58:36 »

I somehow doubt he is going to be paid £200,000+ a year now he isn't a sitting MP

Does it make a difference, he is mates with all the top bods, £200k is nothing if it secures the ear of the PM and £100m+ contracts.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #35720 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 18:42:01 »

What the fuck is going on at Yorkshire CCC?  How on earth was that allowed to go on in the modern age - it would have been bad enough if we were talking the 70's/80's but you could maybe nod and think, yep, that sort of nasty shit likely did happen.  Gary Ballance's I'm in deep shit statement is awful - yes, I called him a highly offensive racial slur, but it's OK because it was meant in jest, everyone else was doing it and he took it on the chin.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the poor sod was taking it on the chin because the entire bloody organisation appeared to be in on the "banter".  What is he supposed to do, call you all the racist twats you are and risk losing his profession as the entire Old Boys Club rounds on him?
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #35721 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 19:10:33 »

What the fuck is going on at Yorkshire CCC?  How on earth was that allowed to go on in the modern age - it would have been bad enough if we were talking the 70's/80's but you could maybe nod and think, yep, that sort of nasty shit likely did happen.  Gary Ballance's I'm in deep shit statement is awful - yes, I called him a highly offensive racial slur, but it's OK because it was meant in jest, everyone else was doing it and he took it on the chin.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the poor sod was taking it on the chin because the entire bloody organisation appeared to be in on the "banter".  What is he supposed to do, call you all the racist twats you are and risk losing his profession as the entire Old Boys Club rounds on him?
Was in a village pub in Yorkshire on Saturday. One person mentioned this and every single person in the pub said it was a load of bollox and a witch hunt!!! I just drank my beer.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #35722 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 19:36:36 »

What the fuck is going on at Yorkshire CCC?  How on earth was that allowed to go on in the modern age - it would have been bad enough if we were talking the 70's/80's but you could maybe nod and think, yep, that sort of nasty shit likely did happen.  Gary Ballance's I'm in deep shit statement is awful - yes, I called him a highly offensive racial slur, but it's OK because it was meant in jest, everyone else was doing it and he took it on the chin.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the poor sod was taking it on the chin because the entire bloody organisation appeared to be in on the "banter".  What is he supposed to do, call you all the racist twats you are and risk losing his profession as the entire Old Boys Club rounds on him?

I see the coach has now been suspended for an old tweet, and the chief exec is off with stress related issues
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #35723 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 19:45:21 »

I think they will all eventually be forced to fall on their swords.  It's becoming quite clear everything alleged was probably true, which is shocking.  Everyone seems to have been in on it, so one by one they'll have their involvement leaked or jump first.  I just can't get my head around it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35724 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 19:47:25 »

I'm not sure for I feel about the coach suspension.

he said to a mate "shut it you yid" . In 2010.

ignorance isn't a defense, I've never really thought of it in any context other than Tottenham fans to be honest.

But to act on something 11 years later,  something that he apologised for and deleted.

I dunno, cancel culture... suppose they didn't really have a choice after recent events
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #35725 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 19:52:27 »

I'm not sure for I feel about the coach suspension.

he said to a mate "shut it you yid" . In 2010.

ignorance isn't a defense, I've never really thought of it in any context other than Tottenham fans to be honest.

But to act on something 11 years later,  something that he apologised for and deleted.

I dunno, cancel culture... suppose they didn't really have a choice after recent events

I think the issue is that YCCC had the chance to sort this out, make a statement by making real changes and holding people to account.  They decided they were probably all culpable and pulled a Boris instead.  They are now going to be killed off by a thousand small cuts.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35726 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 20:15:23 »

yeah, think you are right
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35727 on: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 21:41:03 »

Was in a village pub in Yorkshire on Saturday. One person mentioned this and every single person in the pub said it was a load of bollox and a witch hunt!!! I just drank my beer.

You got a part in Emmerdale?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #35728 on: Wednesday, November 10, 2021, 08:51:27 »

Just had a random message in Watsapp from a Hong Kong number with a picture of a young lady saying 'I don't believe I know you but your number is in my address book, who are you'. Clearly a scam of some description so reported. Just thought I would share on here in case anyone has received/gets something similar.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35729 on: Wednesday, November 10, 2021, 09:06:35 »

Any volunteers? Smiley

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/19705009.nasa-warns-huge-asteroid-heading-towards-earth-december/

Pages: 1 ... 2379 2380 2381 [2382] 2383 2384 2385 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: