Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Books Books Booksy Books  (Read 110180 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:24:42 »

Anyone in the North East or Scottish Borders? Pat Nevin is launching the second volume of his memoirs, "Football and How To Survive It " at the Berwick Maltings, on Wednesday 31 May, 7.30pm

Tickets from Berwickmaltings.co.uk

Average entertaining evening assured!! Message me for any more details.

Nope, albeit, I imagine, a lot closer than most on here!

His first book was pretty good, and I idolised him as a kid!
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 15:26:56 »

I'm sure you are!!! There might be one or two hidden ones at least in the Edinburgh area....not excluding a certain former STFC player!!!!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Thursday, May 11, 2023, 17:51:37 »

She also bought me The Storyteller by Dave Grohl, only done a chapter or so but can't decide whether its going to be any good or a load of pretentious wank so have left it for now?

If you're a Grohl fan it's a good read, otherwise most would probably not find it very interesting. I enjoyed it because he writes a fair bit about his time with Nirvana and coming to terms with Kurt's death.

I've just finished Outlive by Dr Peter Attia, a very good read for anyone interested in health & longevity.

Part way through Johnny Mercer's We Were Warriors which was gifted by a friend after I mentioned I'd taken a recent liking to stuff written by ex-military.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 09:38:17 »

Another post reminded me of how much I hated this book

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Raw_Shark_Texts

And yet many years later I still think of it. OK not in a positive way but even so. So did the Author do a good job after all?

No. No he did not.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Monday, May 22, 2023, 17:44:54 »

Another post reminded me of how much I hated this book

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Raw_Shark_Texts

And yet many years later I still think of it. OK not in a positive way but even so. So did the Author do a good job after all?

No. No he did not.
What a load of pretentious clap trap. Sure enough, I see it won or was shortlisted for several awards...always a sure sign that a book should be avoided like the plague...
adje

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 17:39:38 »

Has anyone read Hoddle's autobiog "Playmaker"? Obviously loads about us and most of it well known but I didn't realise he bought Shaun Taylor with his own money. Was it common knowledge at the time? Also horrified to find out he likes Kenny G- in my opinion,a good enough reason to be sacked by England in its own right,

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Friday, October 27, 2023, 17:51:56 »

Has anyone read Hoddle's autobiog "Playmaker"? Obviously loads about us and most of it well known but I didn't realise he bought Shaun Taylor with his own money. Was it common knowledge at the time? Also horrified to find out he likes Kenny G- in my opinion,a good enough reason to be sacked by England in its own right,

You have just reminded me i have this book. Will start reading it now. Cheers
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: