Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football Manager 2024  (Read 3877 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, October 20, 2023, 12:30:27 »

How big is our competitive budget in game? Cheesy
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, October 20, 2023, 12:31:51 »

I just 'sim'd' a season. Flynn sacked after 152 days, his replacement by AI Clem was Rob Jones the Middlesbrough under 18 assistant manager, sacked after 107 days, his replacement was Martin Rennie who was sacked by Falkirk in 2022. Swindon finished 24th with 49 points!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #17 on: Friday, October 20, 2023, 12:36:56 »

How big is our competitive budget in game? Cheesy
£43k per week wage, of which £41k is being used and zero transfer budget on mine.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 16:56:55 »

Enjoying GM24 so far, a few bugs, I am top of the league in January without losing a game, only bought in Tyler Fredricsen from Liverpool on loan in defence and Josh Martin on a free on the right wing.

In January I brought in Lewis Grabban and Connor Wickham on frees to bolster my attack as Austin and RHM are often injured yet still Austin has 21 and 19 goals!

8-2 up at half time, interesting, the game finished 8-4!

Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 15:57:07 »

Enjoying GM24 so far, a few bugs, I am top of the league in January without losing a game, only bought in Tyler Fredricsen from Liverpool on loan in defence and Josh Martin on a free on the right wing.

In January I brought in Lewis Grabban and Connor Wickham on frees to bolster my attack as Austin and RHM are often injured yet still Austin has 21 and 19 goals!

8-2 up at half time, interesting, the game finished 8-4!

Ok. I'm 2nd after 12 games but it's tight. You've absolutely romped the league there. Perhaps I'm too defensive using 3 at the back with wingbacks!
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 16:52:46 »

Just to add to this.

One of my staff told me Saidou Kahn wasn't going to sign a new deal. So I spoke to his agent, and agreed for Peterborough to approach him. I negotiated a fee of 100k. Was chuffed with that as he'd leave for nothing in the summer. He was also easily replaceable.

I sign Callum Camps from Stockport as a replacement on a 3 year contract. Deals goes through. Nice.

Then Khan can't agree terms with Peterborough. So I'm stuck with him and my budget is eaten.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 18:19:10 »

Was too annoyed about Saturday to start with Town, so started unemployed. Now managing Kawasaki Frontale  Cheesy

UTR

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 18:35:46 »

Got a good save going with Southampton at the minute. Will probably swap to a non league club when bored of this one.

With a non league to Prem save, that period when you get in the Prem and rise to the “best of the rest” but get slapped by the top 4 all the time and don’t have the budget/facilities to grow further is usually where I lose interest
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 18:47:07 »

Took a 2 month break on FM23 for that reason, got Dulwich Hamlet up eventually but got kerb stomped by the big guys... came back to it, won the Champions League that season and the Prem the following year!

Peter Venkman

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, November 9, 2023, 10:05:05 »

Waiting for the non league database update to take Chard Town or Axminster into the league.

Did a save at Queens Park, romping the league after 12 games and got a draw at Rangers in the cup.

Interestingly I have 10 season long loans who can all play in every game.

I had the same issue with players wanting to leave even when top of the table, Khan, Clayton, Hutton and FBT all wanting out when their contracts ends in the Summer and will not sign a new contract no matter what.

Also had this at the end of the transfer window....

Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, November 9, 2023, 10:12:30 »

Who says FM isn't realistic!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: