Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford continue bad run  (Read 12831 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 09:41:37 »

Carterton seems to be big Swindon country. Loads live there.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 11:38:49 »

Anyway, I went to school with a load of O*ford fans and their wankers end of story.

The English department must not have been up to much.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 11:58:46 »

You're be in trouble for that OF.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 12:25:10 »

Fuck off scummer.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 12:35:32 »

You're be in trouble for that OF.
Cheesy Well I liked it. Nice one nev
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 17:07:40 »

No, they actually had wankers.
One F In Fitton

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 18:56:57 »

All I'm really saying is that in a city of 120,000 (?) odd people, the home gate there is (and was) little more than 5,000 or 6,000...of whom many will come in from outside.  Of course, anecdotally, we've all got stories to tell.  But I think the overall picture of open hostility is grossly exaggerated by some.

Agree about the numbers, I made reference to it. The city of Oxford isn't a Liverpool or a Newcastle, therefore the hostility is less conspicuous. You didn't say that you used to wander around in STFC gear though - and I wouldn't believe you if you did. You'd maybe have a lucky escape or two but it wouldn't be long before you'd have regretted it.

I can relate to the bloke at Gloucester Green, people that are ingratiated into the place will be accepted and there will just be lively banter etc. I had that myself, people knew/know that I'm Swindon and usually it's fine, but not always, and everyone said/says be careful about banding it around too much. These locals wouldn't all have said this for no reason.

Just like amongst the Town fans at Oxford games, random non-football Oxford people will come to Town/Pox games because they want to fight Swindon people. I've noticed it over the years from our side, and my Pox-supporting mates say the same from their side. 

Anyway let's just agree to disagree and look forward to bringing 3 points back from Essex on Saturday.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 22:32:56 »

Anyway let's just agree to disagree and look forward to bringing 3 points back from Essex on Saturday.
Fuck that, the pair of you should go toe to toe in Colchester's car park over it. Only decent way to settle it
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 11:32:24 »

Fuck that, the pair of you should go toe to toe in Colchester's car park over it. Only decent way to settle it
I think it would be far more interesting for Ardiles to prove his point by actually wearing his Swindon shirt in Oxford and posting photographic evidence on here. And when he's done that, we could all club together and buy him a bunch of grapes and a 'get well soon' card.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
One F In Fitton

« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 14:00:25 »

Cheesy
One F In Fitton

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 14:24:56 »

Carterton seems to be big Swindon country. Loads live there.

True Ralphy. I often stop there for provisions (wine) on the way home from games and it's common to see someone in a Town shirt - impressively so for a little town in oxon.

I stopped there after the Tranny game, I was sporting my Town TOFFS mid-70's shirt, & this young-ish couple bowled over with a big grin saying "good win" etc. Turns out they're Swindonians who moved there 5 years ago & they seemed pretty concerned for me, I think they thought I was gonna be attacked any minute. I told them (optimistically) that there was just as much chance of seeing a Town fan as a Pox one - they said they had my back if needed. 
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 14:58:10 »

Christ, life on the edge in the badlands, eh?
One F In Fitton

« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 15:06:12 »

Christ, life on the edge in the badlands, eh?

It was pertinent to the conversation, you sarcastic little cuntfuck.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 15:11:22 »

Eek

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 15:14:56 »

Cheesy I asked for that!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: