Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford continue bad run  (Read 12892 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #30 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 11:47:28 »

Just been shopping in Wantage both my lads wearing their full Town kits with pride saw a number of twats with oxford tops who just scuttled pass I could not help but laugh at them.

Clap

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 11:48:55 »

kids wearing full kits, oh my days Smiley

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 11:50:07 »

I might just go to Oxford in a Town shirt soon. Just go and wave at some Pox.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
fish head

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 12:33:45 »

come on Sailsbury!

beat the pox today!

Talk Talk

« Reply #34 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 19:15:51 »

In the CGH I was told that Salisbury borrowed Town's team coach to go to Oxford.

I wonder how that went down.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 19:30:54 »

Luton hammered Grays 6-0 at home today.The Luton manager Richard Money wasn't happy
with the Luton fans impatience.Jonny take note!  Smiley

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
lambourn red

« Reply #36 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 19:33:00 »

Apparently the police asked the driver to move it away from the ground, so it sounds like it went down like a lead balloon  Clap. It is not exactly the most conspicuos team bus covered in Town badges with FourFourTwo and EA sports logos  Cheesy
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 19:46:42 »

I might just go to Oxford in a Town shirt soon. Just go and wave at some Pox.

I wore my Swindon shirt around Oxford city centre the day after our play off triumph in 1993.  Got one irritated look from a local, but that was about it.  Fewer people care than you would imagine.
One F In Fitton

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 00:32:58 »

I wore my Swindon shirt around Oxford city centre the day after our play off triumph in 1993.  Got one irritated look from a local, but that was about it.  Fewer people care than you would imagine.

Sorry but I respectfully disagree. Having lived near O*ford for 30-odd years & worked there for over 20 years I can promise you that many people do care. Even Oxon people that have no interest in football dislike all things Swindon-related. O*ford city centre is just full of teenagers, families & Yanks/Spanish/Japanese/Aussies/Germans etc, so of course you're not going to get any trouble. Also it's not exactly a football town so they have less numbers. If you'd have wandered around anywhere away from the city centre - Cowley, Cowley Road, Headington, Iffley, you name it - then you would've had some fun & games, I promise you.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 07:14:41 »

I'm with One F in Fitton on this.

A few years back, we decided to bus it in from Chippy to Oxford and get the train to Wycombe to see Swindon. I had the old round neck Town shirt from the McMahon era on under my coat. All that was visable was STFC on my neckline.

Sat in Yates having a pint and a lad of about 20 comes up to me and says ''we're away to Carlisle today, not many have gone (pointing over to a large group of unsavory looking characters) I suggest you leave''.

We necked our pints and left quickly!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 07:24:02 »

Wimp.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 07:42:44 »

Well I lived in Oxford for 4 years, and the only trouble I ever encountered was outside the Manor Ground itself.  As for wandering around Cowley, I did plenty of that when I lived in Cowley.  In my experience, the threat of aggro existed only in pockets.  If you didn't go looking for it, it was unlikely to find you.

All I'm really saying is that in a city of 120,000 (?) odd people, the home gate there is (and was) little more than 5,000 or 6,000...of whom many will come in from outside.  Of course, anecdotally, we've all got stories to tell.  But I think the overall picture of open hostility is grossly exaggerated by some.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 07:50:11 »

I was hardly stood on the table singing Swindon songs though was I !

My shirt was not even visable, just the STFC on my neck.

Anyway, I went to school with a load of O*ford fans and their wankers end of story.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 07:52:57 »

Apparently the police asked the driver to move it away from the ground, so it sounds like it went down like a lead balloon  Clap. It is not exactly the most conspicuos team bus covered in Town badges with FourFourTwo and EA sports logos  Cheesy

It was parked in a lay-by on A34 near Abingdon apparently.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 07:57:22 »

Sorry Ralphy...I wasn't implying that you were looking for trouble.  As I said, we all have stories to tell.  (I have a few of my own.)  But I'm simply saying that I think they're the exception rather than the rule.

One memory that does stand out is meeting the caretaker chap who used to work at the Gloucester Green bus station.  I walked past his 'office' one day shortly before catching a coach to Swindon for a home game - and there were wall to wall Swindon Town posters.  He was a bit of a fan, and didn't mind the general public knowing it!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: