Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A call to arms on Waccoe  (Read 4346 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 22:11:17 »

The TEF is getting plenty of new users recently. But all they seem to want to talk about is football (YAWN)

Probably because now more than half the TEFers actually attend matches, due to the new recruits.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 22:11:42 »

In 1992/3 we had a push for the top two for a while and we believed it after the Newcastle at home 2-1 but we slipped away a bit and the loss to West Ham finished any chance much to the annoyance of Pompey to this day. We then basically cruised into the play offs and I remember Hoddle rested key players for the last game at Barnsley which we lost to finish 5th. Then re-grouped and Hoddle pulled a masterstroke by bringing back John Moncur who had been out injured a while and we turned around not having home advantage to do Tranmere.

Don't forget the impact of Steve Vickers.  If I'd have won that name the Stratton Bank thing, it would have been called the Steve Vickers Stand.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 22:14:21 »

Don't forget the impact of Steve Vickers.  If I'd have won that name the Stratton Bank thing, it would have been called the Steve Vickers Stand.

A legend for us (when he played for Tranmere at the CG)  Smiley
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 22:37:04 »

A legend for us (when he played for Tranmere at the CG)  Smiley

And don't forget how he fell over for Maskell's goal at Prenton.  That was one great night.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: