Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A call to arms on Waccoe  (Read 4344 times)
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 15:57:37 »

why has everyone become obsessed with that forum?

There is more going on there than on TEF. TEF needs more users. It is too quiet. Tbh sometimes I find it a bit boring. Hopefully when we go up we will get some new users for some fresh input and there will be more people starting interesting threads.

The best one in recent memory was JFW about JFW's boss (or was it just a work colleague? whatever).  Soapy Tit Wank
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 16:00:05 »

The TEF is getting plenty of new users recently. But all they seem to want to talk about is football (YAWN)

Things get better but they never get good
dell boy

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 16:00:50 »

Am I the only one on here who is starting to get a bit worried about Saturday.

In the past this season and the last couple Leeds supporters expected there side to turn up and beat everyone especially the likes of us who they did every time, now after so many disappointing results against lesser lights they are starting to see their team actually might need to backing from the home supporters and are talking about intimidating little Swindon Town  when the players arrive on the coach.

I went to Ellen Road in the 70s and it was flipping hostile then and the crowd were worth at least a one goal start.

Spy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 16:02:17 »

@ STFC Dave

But are they starting threads?

Plenty of times I check the home page of the forum and not a lot has changed since last time I looked.
DMR

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 16:50:07 »

The TEF has been shite for yonks, I yearn for the days of thisis in it's finest. RIP.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 16:55:43 »

In the past this season and the last couple Leeds supporters expected there side to turn up and beat everyone especially the likes of us who they did every time, now after so many disappointing results against lesser lights they are starting to see their team actually might need to backing from the home supporters and are talking about intimidating little Swindon Town  when the players arrive on the coach.

I went to Ellen Road in the 70s and it was flipping hostile then and the crowd were worth at least a one goal start.

They won't turn up to abuse our team as we get off the coach. They don't know who our rubbish League 1 players are so don't care. And if we can get at them for the first 10 minutes, the team and the home fans will be thinking "here we go again". I'm nervous about the game as it's so massive for both teams, but it remains winnable and I don't expect a hostile atmosphere - anything beyond a couple of rounds of Marching on Together and blaming the referee for every time they lose the ball would be highly surprising.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 16:56:51 »

We've nothing to lose....our aim for more or less the whole season up until now has been reaching the PO's...even with a defeat there's still a good chance of achieving this. So both players and fans should go to enjoy it.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 17:07:37 »

Thing is, Reg, since Leeds started to choke a lot of people are now setting their sites higher than the play offs.  Of course we need a decent tilt at 2nd spot, but I really hope there's not an air of despondency about the place if we fail to get it.  The team that wins the play offs is very often the one that creeps in in 5th or 6th place and is still buzzing from the experience of getting there.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 17:17:40 »

We've nothing to lose....our aim for more or less the whole season up until now has been reaching the PO's...even with a defeat there's still a good chance of achieving this. So both players and fans should go to enjoy it.

At the start of the season I'm pretty certain most people were just hoping we wouldn't get relegated - there sure as hell weren't that many predicting a top 10 finish, let alone the playoffs. Whilst I'm gonna be over the moon with the playoffs now, automatic is there for the taking and I'm going to be a bit gutted if we blow it.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 17:26:17 »

"Jacksblackbook" actually manages to top that I think. 

boing

boing

boing
Yep. Once I got to jacksblackbook the rest of the thread became pretty meaningless as indeed did life in general.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 17:28:28 »

Agree 100% Reg. The whole point about Saturday is that there is nothing to worry about and that's the big advantage we have over Leeds.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 17:35:35 »

True, but I fucking hate losing though. To anyone.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 19:14:58 »

Spot on, a loss and we are still only 4 points off automatics. It would be  hard, and we should concentrate on the playoffs, but 4 points isn't impossible.

Leeds lose in front of their own fans and they go to paniccon 1.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 19:41:39 »

I saw a good few people on Waccoe saying Grayson could get sacked if they lose to us, no one was up in arms at the suggestion either - though they seemed to think the Norwich performance might have saved him for the moment.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 22:06:00 »

Thing is, Reg, since Leeds started to choke a lot of people are now setting their sites higher than the play offs.  Of course we need a decent tilt at 2nd spot, but I really hope there's not an air of despondency about the place if we fail to get it.  The team that wins the play offs is very often the one that creeps in in 5th or 6th place and is still buzzing from the experience of getting there.

In 1992/3 we had a push for the top two for a while and we believed it after the Newcastle at home 2-1 but we slipped away a bit and the loss to West Ham finished any chance much to the annoyance of Pompey to this day. We then basically cruised into the play offs and I remember Hoddle rested key players for the last game at Barnsley which we lost to finish 5th. Then re-grouped and Hoddle pulled a masterstroke by bringing back John Moncur who had been out injured a while and we turned around not having home advantage to do Tranmere.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: