Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flare  (Read 24471 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 20:32:56 »

Well my friend's been banned, dunno if you want official news or anything, but he's just told me that he's banned from the county ground premises now so Hmmm...

Was your friend the one who was holding the flare and threw it or the other guy who appears to be innocent?
flammableBen

« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 20:38:14 »

Innocent?

No smoke without fire Ralphy.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 20:40:33 »

I dunno, but he's one of the three that got arrested
Spencer_White

« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 21:02:55 »

They will be banned because it will be part of their bail conditions, nothing to do with the club at all.

Remember there were 3 arrests and that went down to 2. One of the remaining 2, one of them should have been discharged unconditionally. Feel sorry for him because hes going to have to miss games whilst on bail. He's a very placid lad and went downstairs because the steward asked him to for a word, it hasnt done him any favours.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 22:44:45 »

I always thought that its a case of innocent until proven guilty.

Club should of said we will take action once court case has concluded and take a dim view of this behaviour etc etc. 

As i have stated before i have seen two flares at town games since 1979....

The board never made a statement about the young lad at Leeds getting the shit knocked out of him by the old bill at Leeds...the tosser Stewards wading in at Gillingham on opening day, the Wanker Steward telling me to fuck off home at Tranmere or the Dog Handler setting the mutt on me at QPR in 93 for not moving quick enough...etc etc etc.

It is right for the board to take action (after correct legal process) and with pressure from the FA they must....but it cuts both fucking ways!!

Clems Army!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 22:58:22 »

I got banned for life a good 3 months before I went to court. I didn't even get to the game. I told the club I was visiting my aunty they told me to fuck off and banned me.
The lad deserves a good telling off and no more. Let him pay for the replacement netting and let him apologise to Watkins and to Leyton Orient. I wasn't at the game but it looks like Orient are using him as a scapegoat for their own failings. As for the flare, its not a fucking nuclear warhead - its a glorified firework and we've had planety of thsoe go off over the years. 
Talk Talk

« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 23:08:44 »

My type of flares

[url width=275 height=275]http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/d4/1/AAAAAu-Wjl4AAAAAANQQUg.jpg[/url]

Or as I seem recall in the 70's they were called "loon pants".
TownLoyal

« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 01:21:46 »

I assumed he was talking from personal experience.

Just looked back at my post and realised how it sounded! It wasn't me i assure you, it was a mate of mine and he told me earlier. But i could be joining him with a ban for retreiving (sp?) a certain football!
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 02:25:26 »

Bloody legend, if common sense prevailed he'd be warned and let off....  It's tomfoolery at best, but this namby pamby state will view it differently.  Loved the fact he's hyped people up, and for that he should be applauded.  We're going up, and we're going up in style!
jonbd

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 08:27:45 »

From that Adver article it looks like they are trying to head off any punishment from the FA by doing something quickly. If it means the club doesn't get punished then it's harsh on the lad but has to be done I guess.
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 08:56:07 »

It would be funny as fuck if 40-50 flares went off after we scored, the stewards would proper shit it. Im game if 49 others come forward Smiley
Im in  Cheesy
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 09:06:27 »

The 17 year old has been banned by the way
DMR

« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 11:08:00 »

It would be funny as fuck if 40-50 flares went off after we scored, the stewards would proper shit it. Im game if 49 others come forward Smiley

Careful, last time I posted about lobbing coins, I got quoted in the Adver!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 11:08:59 »

"nothing like a bit of festive coin-dodging" Cheesy
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2010, 11:11:56 »

I don't want to keep this thread going as it is a bit pathetic and over the top, but I wonder if the reaction would be the same if it wasn't in a 'wooden stand'.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: