Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flare  (Read 24466 times)
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 10:01:50 »

I would imagine he would be caught on cctv..
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 10:02:50 »

I might be slightly confused here, but how do two people throw one flare?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 10:10:50 »

That comment about him being ejected 6 times this season, is utter bollocks i'm sure. I've been to a fair few away this season, and i've only seen 2  town fans ejected and neither were him. And i'm sure if he had, something would have twigged with someone and he wouldn't be allowed in anyway. What a witch hunt.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 11:49:23 »

Whilst he did something really, really stupid he's now looking at a criminal record and a lengthy ban from football, either from the courts or the club. Provided he admits it, admits it was stupid and he shouldn't have done it and shows genuine regret then I'd say there is a strong argument to show a degree of leniency.

It always annoys me a bit that we hand out somewhat draconian punishments for relatively minor offences in this country when compared to the stuff that goes unpunished in other countries. The England game with all the flares thrown on to the pitch being a prime example, were the people responsible punished and were their FA (was it Croatia?) punished as well? Even if they were they wouldn't have got the same level of punishment if it happened here or was England fans.

Unfortunately we're still living with the extremes of the past, which means the authorities clamp down very hard on any bad behaviour and we're still punished disproportionately by UEFA and FIFA. Which is stupid as we've probably got one of the best records recently with regards to trouble at football matches.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 13:00:39 »

10 fucking pages? Some of you are as excitable as the lad who threw the thing.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 15:25:25 »

What I don't understand is that a man gets killed at a game by having a bin thrown at him (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8545194.stm) and nothing happens. Yet a Town fan has a flare, doesn't hurt anyone and never intended to hurt anyone yet people, including fools on here, want to throw the book at him.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 15:42:29 »

What about people who bring flags into the stadium? They could have someone's eye out! Hot drinks may burn people if spilled, or someone could slip on the spillage and break their neck.

I suggest wrapping everyone up in fire-proof cotton wool upon entry into the ground, although some would die from allergic reactions. Perhaps.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 15:54:40 »

Flares can look proper mental.

Gelbfüßler

Was gücksch?

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 16:00:48 »

Flares are ace.

Wir lassen uns unsere Liebe nicht nehmen
Nicht von den Bullen und nicht vom DFB
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 16:06:00 »

that video is fucking ace, we should bring about 50 flares to the rovers game and when we score set them off in the DRS and Town end, they cant arrest us all Smiley
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 16:14:20 »

Blimey and everyones gone mental here about a larger version of a swan vesta. The london boys are current flashing emails around as we're mooting a sponsorhip game next season. It has been suggested we take flags and flares in the corporate area with us Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 16:38:15 »

what do people think is a flare punishment then?
i think he'll get a 3 year ban and a fine,but dont give a shit what he gets really.
it got bloody close to some of our fans as the trajectory it went at was a bit close for comfort.if it had hit someone then i'm sure those brushing it off as a bit of fun wouldn't be saying the same.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 16:39:11 »

The only thing we need to ban him for is for throwing like a girl. Obviously he was trying to get it into the home crowd but didn't manage it.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 16:41:25 »

It would be funny as fuck if 40-50 flares went off after we scored, the stewards would proper shit it. Im game if 49 others come forward Smiley
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 16:47:11 »

what do people think is a flare punishment then?
i think he'll get a 3 year ban and a fine,but dont give a shit what he gets really.
it got bloody close to some of our fans as the trajectory it went at was a bit close for comfort.if it had hit someone then i'm sure those brushing it off as a bit of fun wouldn't be saying the same.

You're right about if it had hit someone. No argument there. Hope it's no more than a years ban.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: