Poll
Question: what position?  (Voting closed: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 21:53:08)
automatic 1st or 2nd - 9 (11.1%)
3rd - 5 (6.2%)
4th - 29 (35.8%)
5th - 14 (17.3%)
6th - 15 (18.5%)
7th or below - 9 (11.1%)
Total Voters: 61

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 17 games to go. where do u think we will finish?  (Read 10567 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 23:12:06 »

If we win our games in hand you'll have the top 5 separated by 9 points, which is pretty close with a third of the season left to go. If any of the top teams lose a couple on the bounce it will all change about pretty quickly.

It's pretty amazing that we're talking about finishing in the top two still, and it not being a total fantasy.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 23:35:06 »

If we win our games in hand you'll have the top 5 separated by 9 points, which is pretty close with a third of the season left to go. If any of the top teams lose a couple on the bounce it will all change about pretty quickly.

It's pretty amazing that we're talking about finishing in the top two still, and it not being a total fantasy.

The two games in hand aren't easy Franchise and Southampton away in a run of 3 away games in a row. March looks tricky with the number of games and Norwich H and then Leeds A at Easter. Always like to think in promotion seasons of getting through the 10 point barriers, if we could end this month on 60 and March might be only 10 points picked up. April looks better with more games at home against the lower teams. Reckon we'll need 76 to make the play offs.

Gonna be exciting though and some squeaky bottoms around. If we've good enough we'll do it
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 23:43:45 »

Had a nosey at a Carlisle FC forum earlier today, one guy states that the best 2 sides they had seen this season were US and Norwich..........so 2nd  Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 00:05:40 »

i think 4th.no particular reason, just a hunch.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 09:14:22 »

Think we'll end the season fading away, but hang on to 6th. Then its the lottery of the play-offs!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 09:19:47 »

I agree with Bob

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 10:29:59 »

No idea....this is a tough div.  By way of comparison in 03/04, Wilson's Shitty had more or less the same record as us at the same stage, and were 2 points off second with a game in hand.  We were 8 points worse off, but in 6th.

Wilson's lot didn't finish so well, but still managed 3rd missing out by a point on auto...Lee Miller header Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick  Grin

We got in on goal difference....which looks unlikely this season.

We'll have a clearer idea after 40 games, but even then things can change.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 10:57:51 »

We'll have an even clearer idea after 46 games!
For the record I think we will end up 3rd or 4th.
Auto is a possibility, but I think Leeds & Norwich will just take too much catching. Mind you if we can beat Norwich & draw at Leeds it could be game on.
The next few matches will be crucial Max points against Carlisle, Stockport & Wovers is a must. I reckon we'll draw at Orient, & beat Southampton at their place.

From the Dark Side
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 11:06:47 »

I can't help but think the script is already wrote for us after that big kev/harris incident,It could all go to the last game with us needing a draw to grab sixth place in front of 2000 town fans.I really hope im wrong but i can see this going to the wire.

It would be fantastic if we could go to the new den assured of a play off spot,but whatever happens im still pinching my self we can even talk about being in the play offs.   
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 11:17:11 »

I can't help but think the script is already wrote for us after that big kev/harris incident,It could all go to the last game with us needing a draw to grab sixth place in front of 2000 town fans.I really hope im wrong but i can see this going to the wire.

It would be fantastic if we could go to the new den assured of a play off spot,but whatever happens im still pinching my self we can even talk about being in the play offs.  

Good post. Totally agree, i really hope we dont have to go to the den looking for a result, but who'd have thought we'd even be discussing the possibility of the play offs!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 14:13:35 »

if millwall need a result and lose, we will need body armour.
will be utter carnage afterwards
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 14:25:13 »

Sod reason and logic...We're going up as fucking champions!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Panda Paws

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 15:45:13 »

March is a huge problem for us I think. Rovers and Norwich at home and Brighton, Franchise, Southampton and Hartlepool away. Come through that with 12 points and we'll be right in the mix.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 15:46:42 »

On current form apparently we'd end up 2nd:

Team   Current Points   Matches to Play   Maximum Possible Points   Highest Possible Finish   Lowest Possible Finish   Projected Points
Season Form   Recent Form
   1   Norwich City   66   15   111   1   24   97.5   105.0
   2   Leeds United   62   16   110   1   24   94.0   79.6
   3   Colchester United   59   15   104   1   24   87.5   84.5
   4   Charlton Athletic   57   15   102   1   24   84.0   75.0
   5   Swindon Town   53   17   104   1   24   83.6   90.4
   6   Millwall           52   16   100   1   24   79.2   88.8

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/runin.html
Harold Shipmans Glasses

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 15:47:39 »

Sod reason and logic...We're going up as fucking champions!
Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers BeersBeers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers BeersBeers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers BeersBeers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers Beers
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: