Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Leeds United official matchday thread  (Read 69112 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 22:24:06 »

If there was a player there thinking of signing bet he's run over the newsagents to get a pen sharpish!
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 22:24:09 »

How come your Dad got your name wrong Fred?

He is 75 years old.......
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 22:29:04 »

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

We were due a result like that against Leeds for ages. It now it has come.

Every single player was superb, but MOM was about right. Even though Leeds dominated the end of the first half and the beginning of the second we were dogged and determined and restricted their chances.

In the end it could and should have been 5 or 6!

Enjoy the night people, results like this in front of a big crowd is what its all about. Well worry about Southend tomorrow.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #393 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 22:29:05 »

Go on the 606 message boards. It's funny as fuck.

Some of them are doubting Grayson, hahaha. Clueless fuckwits.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 22:31:57 »

I thought this was the perfect occasion to break my self-imposed forum posting ban to say....

........FUCKING GET IN......!!!!!!!

That was absolutely brilliant, everyone played so well, what about that cross from Jean-Francois for Paynters header? Pure class.

Ace ace ace ace!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 22:32:15 »

Forgot to say spent most of the day worrying about Beckford and Snodgrass and their movement that might cause us problems.

Turns out Leeds should have been worried about Austin and Paynter. Marvellous.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 22:32:22 »

Go on the 606 message boards. It's funny as fuck.

Some of them are doubting Grayson, hahaha. Clueless fuckwits.
!

I was reading that too - hilarity!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 22:36:03 »

Well where do I start? What a game of football. I have to say that the scoreline didn't flatter us at all and yet Leeds still looked a bloody good side when they were on the ball. That's how good we were tonight.

We didn't let them play their game. A lot of the first 20 minutes they were just hoofing it to Beckford and it was easy for us. We created a fair few chances. Could have had 2 before Charlie cracked in that beaut! After that Leeds began to pass it around and looked good yet still didn't create an opening of any real note.

Second half started the same way the first ended and I must admit we were a bit flappy for 5 or 10 minutes and I honestly thought they were going to equalise then from nowhere we create a chance, a great ball in and Billy's there for the header. 2-0. The 2nd goal was always going to be huge and it turned the game totally. After that it was all us bar a few set plays from Leeds. Every second ball was won chances were created. On another day it could have been 5. We made it look like Leeds had given up to be honest even though they were still huffing and puffing.

Every player was brilliant and I know JD got MOTM but my MOTM goes to Billy. GET HIM SIGNED UP NOW!

That's pushed the bar up even more now. A comfortable and deserved win against one of the best if not the best team in this league. Those 14,500 saw enough to want to buy an ST I would hope.

Oh and one last thing. Beckford was shit.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 22:37:34 »

I enjoyed this

i think norwich will win the league but we are desperate to keep the gap between ourselves and charlton. the mind set of the players needs sorting and im sure the elland road crowd will see to that on saturday. we were awfull tonight and our cup campaign against man u and spurs is having an effect on the players mentality when having to come back down to earth to play the likes of exeter and swindon. its a bit like when you go abroad on holiday and have a superb time and the return home to the bills and dirty pots in the sink. its depressing.

Oh dear..........
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 22:38:53 »

Leeds were riled. There players came here expecting an easy win. We got right up there noses. You culd see it, passes going astray, players bickering with each other. It was fantastic to watch.

Greer & Cuthbert were phenomonel. Greer looked back to his very best and cuthbert is simply outstanding. Far too good for this division.

Lucas had bugger all to do, but looked commanding when he had to do it.

Amankwaah had a decent enough game. LFJ was fucking outstanding. Really brilliant, super duper. Best i've ever seen him play, and considering all his off field stuff really makes me pleased for him. Top marks.

The entire midfield harried and hassled for the full 90 minutes. Leeds had no respite. Which was good. Douglas is foooooooking superb.

Paynter and Charlie. What else can you say.

Special mention to Jermaine beckford. He should fit in well in the premiership. Soft as shite, constantly whinging at the referee and goes down at the first sign of contact. Would he have carried on fighting for the ball like austin did to get us our penalty? Would he bollocks. Big headed cunt.

Max Gradel publically throwing his toys out the pram was very funy to watch too

Things get better but they never get good
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 22:40:32 »

Oh and Leeds are really really cheaty and moany........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 22:44:21 »

Sen-fucking-sational.
How do you Pick a motm from that lot? At least six players played their game of their lives.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 22:55:49 by jimmy_onions » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 22:44:28 »

Max Gradel publically throwing his toys out the pram was very funy to watch too

Lucky not to get sent off for dissent.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 22:45:29 »

You watch. We'll win two more games all season now

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 22:46:05 »

awesome game and in truth in dissapointed (!!!) it was only 3. Billy should have had a hat trick, Ferry should had one. Ward was unlucky.

this team is the bollocks, we can play sexy football that would rival Arsenal but we can also get stuck in and all the players put their bodies on the line - even the likes of Ferry and Ward who arent ours (take note Hutch!)

In years gone by we've always had a mix mash  - some footballers and some work horses and some ugly footballers. Now we seem to have a team of players who can do it all.

Lucas - didnt have alot to do, but what he did have to do he did perfect - 9

Amankwaah - good going forward and solid in defence, didnt see as much of the ball in the second half. Probably the worst of a fantasic bunch of players tonight - 8

Scott Cuthbert - you'll never beat Scott Cuthbert. Has to be the best defender we've had since Calderwood. Kept Beckford quiet and won nearly all of his headers. Whilst he has more than 6months let we should be trying to tie him up longer term already. Probably the best value for money we've had since Sam Parkin for 50k - 10

Gordon Greer - after a few shakey games by his stands I think he's been rock solid the last two - 9

Lescinel-Jean Fracios - thought he was ace tonight and did a good job on Snodgrass and Gradel and did a good job going forward to. Great cross for our second goal. On confidence and playing well. Long may it continue - 9

JP McGovern - typical McGovern, running, crossing, tackling, passing, tracking back. Think he saw less of the ball second half but still a good performance - 8

Simon Ferry - ace I thought, he gets stuck in well for a wee little man. Just a shame he cant shoot. If he had a decent long range shot on him he would be Celtics answer to Steven Gerrard - 9

Jonathan Douglas - top quality, and was much better than anything Leeds had in midfield, worked hard and used the ball when he had possesion ran the midfield. If I were Leeds i'd rue the day we let JD go for free - 10

Danny Ward - impresses me more and more each game, he has the perfect attitude for a loan player. he wants play and he works hard. He was a threat going forward but I was more impressed by his defensive work. He must have covered more ground today than McNamee has all season. As soon as LJF went forward he was straight in at left back covering and did a good job to. Threw himself infront of everything he could of - 10

Charlie Austin - Kinda quiet by his standards up against a big physical defence but did he job with another strikers instict finish. I dont think I have ever seen a more natural finisher in football. Not just Swindon, not just L1 but ever! - 8

Billy Paynter - Awesome today, worked hard and bullied the Leeds defenders - something he didnt do enough of last season. Won the ball, held it up passed it on and straight towards the box - sometihng else he didnt do enough of last season. Two very well taken goals. GIVE HIM WHAT HE FUCKING WANTS NOW! Only downside if he probably should have had 3 or 4 goals - 10
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: