Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paul Caddis to join at end of January?  (Read 12284 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 23:49:23 »

Yes you could, but McGovern's transformation has been spectacular. I think it's for a number of reasons but it's clear he's putting more effort in than he ever has. I'm not saying once he has a new contract his form will dip, more that one good season in three isn't going to take us to the next level and is a bit risky.

McNamee had one and a half good seasons but people were glad to get rid. What happens if McGovern does the same and we're stuck with him for another three or four years.

Either that or keep making him snort nutmeg before games, which is my other theory to his greatness this term.
I don't think anybody's suggesting we give him a 3 or 4 year deal. Let's face it, he probably won't even get on the bench when we're in the Champions League...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 23:53:04 »

Yes but as Spencer says, that will be the reason he leaves (if he does).
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 08:05:45 »

I think its a bit unfair to say he's only had one good season. Like most he was decent enough under Sturrock.

We should be trying bloody hard to keep our best player, simple as...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 08:07:37 »

Agreed
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 08:07:51 »

I think its a bit unfair to say he's only had one good season. Like most he was decent enough under Sturrock.

Langers

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 08:41:12 »

JPM has been quality for us this season, i think we should definatley sihn him up.

IMO, i couldnt really see him wanting to go to many teams, maybe a few at the top unless he is sure or in doubt that he wont get a new contract here.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 09:44:07 »

Im being cynical but the JPM thing stinks of Grant Smith all over again.

I hope im wrong.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 10:22:34 »

TBH if we get Caddis and he is as good as he has been hyped....not always the case....I can't see JPM playing the wide left role, Caddis is totally one footed and thats the right one.

He has strengths that the team are missing, being able to take on players and get in crosses so IMO we need to be playing with 2 out and out strikers not just one which means that JPM wont be able to play as a free roaming attacking midfielder.

If JPM is willing to hug the left touchline then he will have a future as it seems O'Brien is a sick note, unless Danny goes out and buys a left back pushing Sheehan to left midfield making JPM redundant as there is no way he will replace either Ferry or Douglas in the centre of the pitch.

Unless we are planning to play 3 at the back.....Greer, Cuthbert & Morrison with two wingbacks in Sheehan and Caddis with Douglas and Ferry as holding midfielders and JPM in front of them as the creative player leaving Paynter and Austin up front.

Only time will tell.

I cant see JPM being here next season, not sure about the rest of the season though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 11:00:58 »

i tried it in fm 2010, it didnt work
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 11:26:11 »

I like the idea though. I think all our fullbacks (Sheehan, Kennedy, Amankwaah) get forward well and posses the attributes to perform as wingbacks anyway. Sounds like Caddis would fit right into this mould as well.

And although it was a nothing game, three at the back worked reasonably well against Peterboro' away last season.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Panda Paws

« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 12:22:09 »

Yeah, but Cuthbert and Douglas aren't out of contract this summer theres no need to worry
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 12:24:09 »

...but Paynter, JPM and Austin are.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 12:30:27 »

So you think McGovern will fly, to make room for Caddis...I suppose it means he'll spend less time in the Larva Lounge.

Nice one Reg, was trying to work the 'fly' thing into a comment.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Panda Paws

« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 12:44:28 »

...but Paynter, JPM and Austin are.

JPM and Paynts are solid League 1 players who are having a good season, and they deserve all the crecit in the world for it, but they're not a patch on Cuthbert, Douglas, even Lucas and Greer. Players who have played or will play at a higher level for the majority of their career,
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 13:03:51 »

Since when did signing a player on loan become clear evidence that another player was going to leave when that loan finshes?  Everything I've heard suggests JPM is happy at the mo, in a new relationship and so far we have information that suggests Caddis plays right back, can play wide right but has been playing wide left.  Did I miss something that made the leap to JPM going?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: