Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paul Caddis to join at end of January?  (Read 12285 times)
STFC_Gazza

« on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 08:17:12 »

As part of our initiative to be Celtic's feeder club, Scotland Under 21 captain Paul Caddis who plays right back or right midfield looks to be coming our way according to today's adver.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 08:36:40 »

Blimey, Celtic have sold 2 and loaned 2 to M'Boro already obviously got a surplus of players to get rid off
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 08:38:56 »

I'm not joking guys. When I saw this I thought bloody hell! I have seen him play for Celtic and he was very impressive.

He could make a massive impact on this team come the rest of the season. Hope I am right!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 08:45:47 »

After Cuthbert I'm not even going to make some reference to the standard of Scottish U21. If Wilson thinks he's good enough he will do for me. I don't mind being Celtic's shop window so long as they are all as good as Ferry.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 08:54:29 »

I'm not joking guys. When I saw this I thought bloody hell! I have seen him play for Celtic and he was very impressive.

He could make a massive impact on this team come the rest of the season. Hope I am right!!

Can only echo what Bob's said here when I have seen him play he has looked a very impressive player so this would be another very astute signing from Danny.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 08:58:19 »

Loan. And thanks Bob's Orange for the info. But who do we drop to play him? Manky or JPM? Or can he play elsewhere?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 09:03:50 »

Loan. And thanks Bob's Orange for the info. But who do we drop to play him? Manky or JPM? Or can he play elsewhere?

Not 100% sure but I would say that he is more of a creative wide player. I work with a Dundee United fan who isn't in work yet but they had him on loan last year so I will try and find out more info.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 09:17:29 »

Must also be a pretty much done deal for Wilson to start talking about it - although I guess the Adver could have got it from another source... Possibly.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 09:17:40 »

Play JPM on the left and play him on the right. Unless we are selling JPM  Eek
lambourn red

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 09:24:14 »

Play JPM on the left and play him on the right. Unless we are selling JPM  Eek

I have certainly heard a couple of things in late December about JPM going which surprised me at the time, I guess if someone offers money for him with his contract up in the summer then we would take it especially if we have a ready made replacement lined up. Hopefully we can keep JPM as he has been superb so far this season but you cant help thinking that DW would like to finally see a team of players that he has brought in.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 09:44:01 »

Why the end of January? Why not now?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 10:00:45 »

Would guess it's a 3 month loan, so will cover the play offs if we make them. If we took him early he wouldn't be eligible?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 10:10:51 »

I don't think three months would cover the play offs!!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 10:16:25 »

Probably right, the way the weather is we'll probably be playing in June still.
Celticbhoy

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 10:23:54 »

Well well if you pull this one of it will be quite a move imo.
When hutch and Ferry joined i gave my opinions and they were opinions on guys on the very fringes of the first team, Paul on the other hand is right in the mix.

So Caddis here we go
Right back by trade but hes very small so would be a very good right mid imo, played there whilst on loan at dundee utd and did quite well.
Hes pacey and very tricky(expect mazy runs) hes got a good final ball on him aswell and has set up a fair few in his short game time at 1st team level.

Not a bad defender either by all accounts one of his first starts was v Barca and he waas on Ronaldinho and did a very good job imo.

Captain of scotland u21's and of our reserves (was our reserve captain at about 19 or 20)

Hes VERY highly rated here but hes got the problem that hes right sided his competition on that side is hinkel and mcgeady they have been probably our 2 best players so far this season so hes been frozen out a bit.

All in all a good move for both parties imo and it says alot about your club manager and setup that we want to loan you another.

Lets hope hes a Ferry and not a Hutch
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: