Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A few random thoughts.....  (Read 7133 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, October 19, 2009, 06:59:04 »

Can I suggest you try watching Ferry? To say that Easton or Timlin go forward and get stuck in more is quite clearly bollocks.

Ferry's been very good since he arrived. Saturday was an off day for him (And most of the team).

It always amazes me how players we rave about only need one bad game to be considered shit.

Tope: Was looking very good before his injury, comes back, one bad game= he's shite.

Revell: Was immense against Millwall, didn't do much Saturday= he's shit.

Kennedy: Exciting young player that needs experience and nurturing, showed his lack of nous on Saturday= he's shit.

Etc, etc, etc.
Agreed, but you haven't mentioned Hutchinson, who hasn't impressed me at all!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, October 19, 2009, 07:00:51 »

Agreed, but you haven't mentioned Hutchinson, who hasn't impressed me at all!

I only put players in who have impressed Ronnie. Hutchinson, due to his total lack of giving a fuck clearly doesn't fall into that category.

It's All Good..............
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, October 19, 2009, 07:03:49 »

I only put players in who have impressed Ronnie. Hutchinson, due to his total lack of giving a fuck clearly doesn't fall into that category.
Agreed again!
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, October 19, 2009, 09:01:00 »

I think we can put saturday down to a bad day in the office. Kennedy, ferry, JP have all done ok this season, the whole team was shit saturday. I do think Hutchison is poor though. Can;t believe Paynter's was on the bench. He's our best striker.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, October 19, 2009, 09:04:32 »

annoys me we play crappy loan signings over our "own" players - My dad says he has heard rumors that Easton may be on his way???
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, October 19, 2009, 09:09:19 »

annoys me we play crappy loan signings over our "own" players - My dad says he has heard rumors that Easton may be on his way???

Apart from Hutchinson, which crappy loan players are you talking about and which of our own would you replace them with?

It's All Good..............
Barry Scott

« Reply #36 on: Monday, October 19, 2009, 09:24:40 »

Can I suggest you try watching Ferry? To say that Easton or Timlin go forward and get stuck in more is quite clearly bollocks.

Ferry's been very good since he arrived. Saturday was an off day for him (And most of the team).

It always amazes me how players we rave about only need one bad game to be considered shit.

Tope: Was looking very good before his injury, comes back, one bad game= he's shite.

Revell: Was immense against Millwall, didn't do much Saturday= he's shit.

Kennedy: Exciting young player that needs experience and nurturing, showed his lack of nous on Saturday= he's shit.

Etc, etc, etc.

Good post. And with regards to what some have said about Ferry passing sideways and backwards, he can kick it in any direction he wants. Possession is an important thing in my eyes and having a player who will play with patience and competence is good. If we wanted a player to always play mindless balls forward - when there isn't one on - we should have kept Pook.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, October 19, 2009, 09:33:59 »

Revell over Paynter errrmmm well I guess that was a bit of a rash "in hindsight" statement   Embarrassed - cause I guess Ferry hasnt been that bad before and Ive not really seen that much of Hutchinson - Im really not a fan of Topi or whatever his name is though - particually the first half on Sat - he just seemed off the pace - disinterested - he just seems to not know what hes doing half the time?

Im just pissed off cause I passed over a lunch with the girls to come to the match  Tongue
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, October 19, 2009, 09:48:41 »

I guess we all see our own game when watching as I'm quite surprised that a fair few think Ferry had a bad game Saturday. I actually thought he was one of only a couple of positives to come out of a poor performance. His work rate was great and he tried pushing forward when he could. I think DW made Ferry's and JPM's jobs harder in picking that formation, and I was disappointed that the Douglas role was not covered (by preferably Easton) as that gives so much more freedom to the likes of Ferry and JPM. I for one hope we end up with Ferry on loan for the whole season.  
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, October 19, 2009, 09:58:17 »

I agree with Herthab and Anteater. I think without Douglas (and also as a result of the two in central midfield selection) both JP and Ferry had much less time on the ball. Kennedy was more exposed through not having as much midfield defence, but was off the pace in any case.

Surely Wilson has to try Tope as one of the front two, he seemed to make a difference in that role in the second half v Walsall, and play Easton of Timlin to make 3 in midfield.

Si Pie - what do you consider to be a 'working week' for footballers then ? surely mid week is as far from match time as you getting pissed at the weekend ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, October 19, 2009, 11:16:32 »

I think the lack of pace up front poses it's own problems. Makes us very one dimensional. I think revell holds the ball up well, but on saturday the midfielders had so many opportunities when they had the bal, but no outlet. No movement. Play a more defensive mdifielder to allow JP and Ferry to go forward, an protect the back four, and stick tope alongside paynter or revell.

selection was wrong saturday. we move on, try and get it right this week. Live and learn.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #41 on: Monday, October 19, 2009, 11:45:02 »

selection was wrong saturday. we move on, try and get it right this week. Live and learn.

That's it in a nutshell.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, October 19, 2009, 13:53:22 »

Si Pie - what do you consider to be a 'working week' for footballers then ? surely mid week is as far from match time as you getting pissed at the weekend ?

The players dont just 'work' saturdays though do they?

They train during the week, I dont know what days they have off mind you and as for their personal life - as soon as it goes on facebook its public knowledge. If you didnt want people knowing you wouldnt plaster it all over facebook.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #43 on: Monday, October 19, 2009, 16:50:42 »

The players dont just 'work' saturdays though do they?

They train during the week, I dont know what days they have off mind you and as for their personal life - as soon as it goes on facebook its public knowledge. If you didnt want people knowing you wouldnt plaster it all over facebook.

Kennedy has said he wants a first team place.
Hutchinson looks like he has turned up here expecting to be the dogs bollocks without putting in the effort. Instead he's been bollocks.

Should be getting their heads down if they want to be first team players. There's a perception that they need to work hard to get there. Which was really what I meant about professionalism. Although as I alluded to, it's a bit of a non-story for me. Like I said they may not have been plastered and taken it easy or the story could be untrue. I think I was just trying to point out why some fans would be concerned.

Really I just wanted to bring up Luci's Ady Williams thread again, but I couldn't find it Cheesy
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, October 19, 2009, 17:16:45 »

Ferry is the best loanee we have. Works well with Douglas, & to me Saturday was about how that twat of a ref against Millwall & those jerks in the FA have punished us / Douglas for a perfectly good tackle.
Kennedy was clearly the one to be substituted first on Saturday. He was beaten both times leading too their goals on Saturday, so had to be replaced. Hopefully tho' he'll learn from it. For me I'd have played either Easton, or Timlin in midfield to replace Douglas. Easton has shown in the past he can get forward & Timlin is more than capable or can sit in front of the defence.
As for Topi & Hutchinson, I prefer the latter. He's been Ok to date whereas Topi has just had a few moments where he looked good. FFS if we wanted pace we can get Eric Sabin back.
Put to me the biggest mistake was taking off Revell. I'd have put Paynter AND Revell on with Peacock behind them. Topi would have come off along with Hutchinson & I'd have told the teanm to feed McNamee/ get the ball into the box. So often we have righly complained about the aimless hoofball, but on Saturday even that would have been better than what we had.

From the Dark Side
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: