Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A few random thoughts.....  (Read 7134 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, October 18, 2009, 16:06:46 »

Goal difference isnt going to make happy reading this season.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, October 18, 2009, 16:14:00 »

hutchison seems a very confident lad.pity he's fucking shit so it's misplaced.
ferry seems to tire quickly(poor last saturday second half)and ditto yesterday.also struggles with the rough and tumble stuff.
revells alright but is he better than paynter?both very similar in style of play.
dunno about tope,but doubt he's good enough to get the goals we badly crave.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, October 18, 2009, 16:18:01 »

Ferry doesn't ever seem to do anything bar pass the ball backwards and sideways, I didn't see him at Brentford, but ever other game I have seen him he doesn't seem to do a thing. He also seems to be scared of shooting.

I'd put Easton or Timlin in the side over him, at least they can go forward and get stuck in more.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, October 18, 2009, 16:25:57 »

Of our 6 goals at home...4 have been scored by defenders, 2 by Tope.

This is a worry nearly a third of the way through the home season. It may be that this side is better suited to playing away, where there is less crowd pressure on the shot shy frontmen.

Think its more a case of them getting more openings due to the fact home teams usually press more....we dont for some reason..Revell,Paynter, Hutchinson all have there plus points IMO but scoring goals isnt one of them......they wont score enough between them....we need two or three strikers braught in,not just the one.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, October 18, 2009, 16:48:16 »

Hutchinson Ferry and Kennedy all looked off the pace yesterday, and who were the 3 on a piss up in glasgow midweek?

so now we're resorting to what happens in players personal lives to justify a bad TEAM, yes team performance.  Typical.

Not only is it none of your business, it's also not your place to be posting such things on an Internet forum. Whatever the reason for Saturday I hope Wilson sorts it out but attempting to add fuel to the fire isn't what anyone needs.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, October 18, 2009, 17:03:38 »

so now we're resorting to what happens in players personal lives to justify a bad TEAM, yes team performance.  Typical.

Not only is it none of your business, it's also not your place to be posting such things on an Internet forum. Whatever the reason for Saturday I hope Wilson sorts it out but attempting to add fuel to the fire isn't what anyone needs.

That's told you. Now go to your room and think about what you've done - you're not too big to go over Auntie Luci's knee, you know Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, October 18, 2009, 17:05:20 »

must be rag week
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, October 18, 2009, 17:08:31 »

That's my thoughts on it. Like it or not
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, October 18, 2009, 18:00:16 »

You must have burnt the roast Luci!!...though you have a valid point...Ferrys been superb for us...Kennedys played his part....Hutchinson obviously hasnt pulled any trees up though his goal at Brentford was quality...i keep saying it we have a good team,just aint scoring enough...untill yesterday the defence and midfield have been top notch,its never bothered me what players do in there own time..IMO there good enough or not good enough whatever they get up to.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, October 18, 2009, 18:16:11 »

Haha Ive had a great day! Just bugs me when there's always "I know what the players have been up to posts". 

And to note, I never burn a roast :-) miraculously I can actually cook!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, October 18, 2009, 18:58:41 »

That's my thoughts on it. Like it or not
I think you're spot on. TCP's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, October 18, 2009, 21:50:52 »

Pah, back in the day Gladstone Small used to deliver Botham some gin between overs, never did his performance any harm (ok, so not the same sport).  I reckon the 3 of them could have done with a piss up just before kick off, may have pepped them up a bit.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, October 18, 2009, 23:55:17 »

If any of the TEF 'regulars' had posted that I'm not sure this response would have been given. I seem to remember a thread on here about one of our former players/coaches.

You're right it doesn't explain the poor performance really, but it's not very professional to be doing that during the working week. If my employer knew I'd been out on the piss in a far away City during the working week I'd doubt they'd be happy (I haven't btw).

My opinion is that the whole team was poor and out of those 3, only Hutchinson looked like he wasn't trying. Kennedy looked an immature footballer and Ferry looked like he tried but got out-muscled on most occassions. Not sure that has anything to do with allegations of mid-week piss ups in Scotland.

They may have even gone up there and not got pissed. Just one of those rumours I guess. No real harm done.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 19, 2009, 00:05:17 by Si Pie » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, October 19, 2009, 00:00:33 »

Pah, back in the day Gladstone Small used to deliver Botham some gin between overs, never did his performance any harm (ok, so not the same sport).  I reckon the 3 of them could have done with a piss up just before kick off, may have pepped them up a bit.

Botham did play professional football for a bit, and I doubt he suddenly went teetotal during that period.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, October 19, 2009, 06:54:10 »

Ferry doesn't ever seem to do anything bar pass the ball backwards and sideways, I didn't see him at Brentford, but ever other game I have seen him he doesn't seem to do a thing. He also seems to be scared of shooting.

I'd put Easton or Timlin in the side over him, at least they can go forward and get stuck in more.

Can I suggest you try watching Ferry? To say that Easton or Timlin go forward and get stuck in more is quite clearly bollocks.

Ferry's been very good since he arrived. Saturday was an off day for him (And most of the team).

It always amazes me how players we rave about only need one bad game to be considered shit.

Tope: Was looking very good before his injury, comes back, one bad game= he's shite.

Revell: Was immense against Millwall, didn't do much Saturday= he's shit.

Kennedy: Exciting young player that needs experience and nurturing, showed his lack of nous on Saturday= he's shit.

Etc, etc, etc.

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: