Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Alex Revell on loan????  (Read 16772 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 18:13:42 »

That really is disrespectful from their chief executive. Wants to be Peter Kenyon maybe? For fucks sake, as it stands he is still their player!!!!

I love the hard workers. Bit dissapointed we havnt signed him permanent if their chief exec thinks that way. Welcome Rev's!!!!

Two things strike me after reading their board. 1) Southend look like another club who cant really afford a new ground, but have to have one because the chief exec wants to see some shiny seats. 2) Thanks for signing Betsy last summer! He's on a massive wage there. A stroppy player on the take!

I think what Wilson realises that our strengths this season will be our wing play. Hopefully we can get them chipping in with a fair few goals a bit like when Scott Murray scored a rediculous number of goals for City from the wing under Danny Wilson (22 goals he scored in 02-03!). I think Wilson is being pragmatic. Weve gone for about 40 strikers this summer, searching for a new main man. This isnt perfect, but it could work nicely.  
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 18:23:18 by Spencer_White » Logged
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 18:18:36 »

We've got the option to make it permanent though haven't we? So if he's pretty good we'll get him signed up.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 18:19:08 »

yeah and based on chairmans comments, i'd be suprised if he went back in January!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 18:19:31 »

Really undecided about this. On the one hand he could fit perfectly into Wilson's team ethic. Another hard worker up front may make the pace from midfield more lethal against tired opposition.

On the other hand he could be another Blair Sturrock.

In my opinion this is the sort of player we should have got in at the start of the window and look for the exciting players after, a solid league striker which will do a decent job and perhaps do very well if they can fit into the team (like Paynter). I know this isn't always possible with player availability but there you go but the trialist fiasco was exactly that.

I guess it was always going to be a big bunch of 'meh' after Cox, I think it's unfortunate we missed out on our earlier targets.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 18:20:39 »

They've also sent Betsy out on loan to Wycombe.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Rich Pullen

« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 18:20:44 »

A good few Southend fans had ideas above their station for a while ... I'm glad they're getting brought down to earth a little bit.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 18:24:42 »

Their CE King, is up their with Bob Holt.

He seemingly talks BS everytime he opens his mouth.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 18:25:58 »

what rich said. fuck southend.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 18:31:00 »

Southend is a good club, with decent fans.

Similar to us really, but without the glorious history.

This outburst from their chairman is very small-time though.

Anyway, Revell will supplement our squad nicely and I look forward to seeing him play here.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 18:33:20 »

A good few Southend fans had ideas above their station for a while ... I'm glad they're getting brought down to earth a little bit.

Thing is though they were always going to hit the buffers at some point. I mean an 80 million pound stadium? Where the hell do they have the money for that? It all seems like a pipe dream really. It's funny how a few years back it was us in their boat with them looking forward with stable finances. Just goes to show that new stadium projects aren't always the way forward and the huge price tags that come with them are not always worth it.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 18:33:31 »

Southend used to give out free tickets to away games to get some support.

You get annoying Premiership 'fans' in any town (Swindon also), but a lot of people in that neck of the woods support West Ham. The mockney cunts.
Spencer_White

« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 18:38:58 »

They did beat Man United at home. Always going to get some extra support for that!!!

I went to the League Cup game in 2003. They had about 3000 fans and we were streets better than them (ahh Parkin and Mooney - the envy of division 2). A couple of good seasons later and they were averaging nearly 9,000.

In some ways I say fair play to them. I dont think our attendances will increase that quickly if we get a promotion.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 18:41:28 »

That league cup game was the hottest day ever at football.
Spencer_White

« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 18:44:40 »

What about Sheff Weds at home in the same week?

It was so hot that day that Swindon actually looked different! I remmember not being able to look down Manny road because the light was just so bright (or maybe I had a hangover?).
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 19:19:11 »

Cant say its the most exciting signing ,but Wilson says hes a good "unit" whatever the fuck that means.

/
W56196272
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: