Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Alex Revell on loan????  (Read 16778 times)
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 16:28:21 »

Even more so here,I been sitting on this topic most of the afternoon,I cant see a way back for revell now going by their os.

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=54114&page=14 

Reading all of their 'King out" type replies makes me all nostalgic.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 16:29:02 »

That level of bitterness done that publicly makes me all the more confident in the signing rather than the opposite. Smacks of "Yeah, well I was going to dump her first anyway cos she's ugly" then running off to cry in your room all night
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 16:33:59 »

That level of bitterness done that publicly makes me all the more confident in the signing rather than the opposite. Smacks of "Yeah, well I was going to dump her first anyway cos she's ugly" then running off to cry in your room all night

Grin
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 16:37:13 »

The man himself thinks it is a financial decision.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/theblues/4575115.Revell__Why_had_I_to_leave/?ref=rss

ALEX Revell has revealed he was forced to leave Southend United because of the club’s financial problems.

The hard-working striker has joined Swindon Town on loan until January.

But the 26-year-old insisted the decision was taken out of his hands.

“I was told that I had to leave Southend for financial reasons,” said Revell.

“People can read into whatever they like but there can’t be many players who have gone out on loan three days after being in the starting line-up.”

No doubt he'll Revell in shoving Kings words down his throat.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 16:40:40 »

King is their Chief Executive. The Southend fans seem to hate him!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 16:41:23 »

Oh, and now Revell's basically called the bloke a liar in the local press:

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/theblues/4575115.Revell__Why_had_I_to_leave/?ref=rss

Like the Southend fans are saying in those links from Russ & Co, this smacks of "done over the manager's head" and can't help their team morale. Oh dear, oh dear. I remember when we used to be a basket case club. But at least we weren't scampi in a basket Smiley
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 16:49:15 »

"Why had I to leave?"

That excellent is journalism.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 16:49:31 »

Bet Billy's chuffed with Wilson's comments on the OS:

He is different to Billy Paynter in that he will run the channels very well for a big lad and is a decent athlete
As opposed to the big tub of lard we've got at the moment Smiley
(No I don't think Billy's a tub of lard, before you all start)
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 16:58:46 »

Haha, from Southend forum.

Dear Mr. King,

Following your comments regarding Alex Revell on the news story regarding his loan to Swindon, I feel an apology at the very least is in order. The comments you made regarding the player were nothing short of disgraceful considering his commitment to the club and performances following a broken leg, an injury some players cannot even return from.

Your comment that, "He was signed by the Football Club to deliver which he has not done and that is why he is moving on" is at the very best, an overly harsh opinion to publish within an official statement on behalf of the club and, at the very worst, a damning indictment of the unprofessional attitude you and/or the club take to business in the player market.

What kind of image is that portraying to potential signings for the club? That we'll bring you into the club, but if you fail to deliver or meet the expectations of the management, regardless of fan opinion, you'll be moved on and dealt insults by the Chief Executive in an open, public forum.

Your belief that "Alex Revell has failed to live up to expectations," maybe your own opinion, but I can guarantee it is an opinion not shared by the majority of fans. Alex Revell has been nothing but committed to the club itself since his arrival and has suffered appalling luck in his injury problems, suffering a hernia before being allowed to settle at the club and a broken leg last season. This kind of treatment was not even reserved for the likes of Luke Guttridge or Nicky Bailey, who both left the club showing on commitment or loyalty whatsoever.

May I also take this time to remind you that your comment "Others may fall into the same category as we move forwards and rebuild the squad" also requires the club to embark on something that seems alien to the club recently, the act of actually purchasing a player, for the policy to work. Alex Revell's unnecessary departure leaves our already worryingly thin squad even shorter in numbers.

I await your response and, rightly, apology to Alex Revell.

Regards,
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 17:00:32 »

Now this is an interesting signing. I have seen Alex Revell play many times when he was at Braintree Town. He was captain of the side, so no shrinking violet and as you would expect, their best player.

The main thing about him for me is that he works very, very hard, every game. He's quite quick but I don't see him as a Billy Paynter type at all, at least not when he was at Braintree anyway. He used to play quite deep I seem to remember, kind of in a Peter Beardsley just behind the strikers type role.

He was obviously highly rated back then (this is about 3-4 years ago) and all sorts of clubs were rumoured to be interested, the biggest one being West Ham (I never really thought he would go there). When you see players like that it is always difficult to judge if they will be able to make the step up. Braintree were in the Ryman Premier at the time (they're Blue Sq South now) which is the same league in which Jermaine Beckford was spotted and Revell seemed to do pretty well at Brighton. He scored a few goals and I think was linked for a while with a move to Ipswich but then got injured. The next thing I knew, he had gone to Southend. I lost track of how he was doing after that.

I think this could be a very nice little signing and a definite upgrade over Topol, or whatever his name is.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 17:01:54 »

Fair play to them (the fans).  I'd be furious, part of me wishes we had him on better terms however if he can do a job and help Billy out then fair enough.  Heres hoping the thisis mongs don't get on his back at the first opportunity.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 18:14:50 by Luci » Logged
Dazzza

« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 17:20:35 »

Having a sniff at a few of the historic bits and pieces on Alex Revell and he reminds me a little of Billy Paynter who I always remember Sturrock describing as “having lost his way a bit” and “needing a home”.

Interesting that Paynter another ex-Saaaaaaaarfend player had a short run at the club, never had an opportunity to find his feet and was booted out fairly quickly after only making five appearances.

Looking at a few stats he seems to set quite a few goals up and has a good assists tally and if his record is anything to go by with the right service if he can manage 15 goals in the current side it will be a snip.

Good luck to him and what’s all this about his cookery skills?

mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 17:30:42 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Revell#Swindon_Town

Smiley
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 17:34:17 »

Already edited out.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 18:11:33 »

A hard worker who runs the channels well but doesn't necessarily score many goals - have we signed a lanky Blair Sturrock?

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: