Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Southend United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35662 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #345 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 09:04:38 »

I have said it before, but I still remember well a bunch of people screaming for McMahon to be sacked after a loss to Hereford in the Mickey Mouse cup. (Chalkie scored for them)

We were several points clear at the top of the league at the time.

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 09:06:41 »

i can understand people moaning on saturday as it was poor.but the big difference from last year is that even though we didn't perform well, we still got the result and had decent shape to the side.
i still think a chunk of money needs to be spent on a forward.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 11:33:34 »

I have said it before, but I still remember well a bunch of people screaming for McMahon to be sacked after a loss to Hereford in the Mickey Mouse cup. (Chalkie scored for them)

We were several points clear at the top of the league at the time.

I wanted McMahon sacked after every game...regardless of who he managed, too.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #348 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 11:51:08 »

As much as I detest the scouse cunt, he did do some things right for a while.

Then he started to do things wrong, horribly wrong, freakishly wrong. The rest, as they say, is history.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #349 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 12:01:57 »

As much as I detest the scouse cunt, he did do some things right for a while.

Then he started to do things wrong, horribly wrong, freakishly wrong. The rest, as they say, is history.

Spot on BR

The first full season he was in charge we played some fantastic football...I remember one passing move against Hull City that we kept the ball for about 3 full minutes with 30 odd passes before Grant scored a beauty.

BUT when things went to shit.....he bottled it and turned into a total twat blaming the fans and everything except from himself!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #350 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 12:20:06 »

Spot on BR

The first full season he was in charge we played some fantastic football...I remember one passing move against Hull City that we kept the ball for about 3 full minutes with 30 odd passes before Grant scored a beauty.

BUT when things went to shit.....he bottled it and turned into a total twat blaming the fans and everything except from himself!

Remember Terry Fenwick taking the piss out of full backs?

He'd pass them, stop, and then head back towards our end just so that he could skin them again. Was fantastic.....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #351 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 12:31:57 »

Remember Terry Fenwick taking the piss out of full backs?

He'd pass them, stop, and then head back towards our end just so that he could skin them again. Was fantastic.....

Yeah and Paul Allen constantly skinning their fullback for pace!! fantastic!

Some of the finest football I have ever seen in a game at the CG by any team.

Shame it all turned to shit soon after!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Monday, August 31, 2009, 13:55:33 »

Spot on BR

As I see it, we were only any good under McMahon because of his playing ability rather than his (complete lack of) managerial ability. It turned to shit when he could not play any more and could not directly influence things on the pitch and as you say, everyone could see him for the complete twat that he was. We always seemed to have at least 10 players out injured because no fucker wanted to play for him. 95-96 was a fantastic season but what a bell end he was.

On the subject of Fenwick, all I remember him for is breaking opponents legs, having a fight with Nijholt and allegedly slapping his missus. I certainly don't remember that other stuff Huh?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 08:22:15 »

Beaten to it!!!

best post today!

Clems Army!
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 16:32:46 »

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/theblues/4574895.Ref_Russell_apologises_for_his_poor_performance/
glos_robin

« Reply #355 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 16:39:29 »

wWhat a load of bollocks, that player should have been sent off minutes before for a punch. Southend spent the whole match back chatting, pulling shirts, doing late tackles etc whether those decisions were correct or not they deserve nothing for that style of play.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 16:43:08 »

wWhat a load of bollocks, that player should have been sent off minutes before for a punch. Southend spent the whole match back chatting, pulling shirts, doing late tackles etc whether those decisions were correct or not they deserve nothing for that style of play.
Exactly. Even after the sending off, it wasn't until they had yet another player booked shortly after that they calmed down and started trying to play football instead of whining, snarling and fouling.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 16:55:53 »

i thought southend were shit apart from that lad revell up front.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 06:55:40 »

it was m'voto , their number 20, who was having a bit of slap and tickle with JFL

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: