Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FAO JFW and V go'ers!  (Read 5839 times)
Danjackson10

« on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 19:05:12 »

You have a good time at V? My weekend was awsome! I have been converted with the Specials, absolute quality! I was right on the barrier for them and was having a right dance about!
Other acts worth a mention are Killers (Great Show) The Script (Suprisingly good) Katy Perry (Very Hot) Lady GaGa (no cock present) and Oasis (Overhyped and Overplayed, no effort and the Gallachers hate eachother). Heard they pulled out of Chelmesford aswell. Does not shock me one bit, looks like the end is near for the "mighty" Oasis!
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 19:23:09 »

Oasis won't split up. There is too much money to be made for a start. They have played some of their biggest gigs for years in the past year haven't they?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 19:26:25 »

Oasis won't split up. There is too much money to be made for a start.

They'd have split up a long time ago otherwise.
Danjackson10

« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 19:46:27 »

They put in a really bad set at V and Liam was moody as fuck, at the end he said "You lot have been fucking difficult and stormed off with Noel looking a tad embarrased". The whole thing didnt feel right and i said to my mate that i thought it looked liked the end, the Chelmesford cancellation just confirmed my opinion!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 19:48:52 »

They should have ended the band years ago. Sadly Spy pinpointed the exact reason they didn't. The last what 4 or 5 albums haven't even come close to the early glory days.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 19:53:31 »

There was a european tour a while ago where they didn't play all the dates cos the brothers fell out so badly. They stayed together after that.

Anyone else think it's pretty much certain Noel will do some solo stuff at some point?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 19:55:40 »

Well I was working in stafford doing artist Liaison for stage 2.  So didn't see that much.  I was taking care of Paolo Nutini, Alesha Dixon and the king blues on saturday, Red light Company, Dizzee Rascal and Pendulum yesterday. Dizzee was very entertaining indeed and pendulum were in their usual tear your face off form.

Of the other things I managed to get to watch the specials were, well, special.  Got onto side stage to watch half the set.  Excellent.  

Managed to miss the 2 bands I wanted to see (biffy and elbow) but heard very good reports about both sets.

Lady gaga was a fucking pain in the arse.  Far too important to even make the effort to get onto stage on time, surrounded by flunkeys who are petrified of her.  Total diva.  And Ndubz need a slap.  Very unpleasant little shites.

As for Oasis, they need a long break.  Don't think they'll be back for some time. 

Never knowingly overstated.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 20:00:13 »

There was a european tour a while ago where they didn't play all the dates cos the brothers fell out so badly. They stayed together after that.

Anyone else think it's pretty much certain Noel will do some solo stuff at some point?

He will. That you can be sure off. The stuff he sings on some of the Oasis albums is better anyway.
Danjackson10

« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 20:01:33 »

i probably seen you nash, i was right at the front having a laugh with some guy with dreads and there was a bald guy with him! The specials were bloody good!
Oasis do need a long break!
Danjackson10

« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 20:02:53 »

Liam is nothing without noel and noel is everything without liam! That sums up Oasis for me
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 20:04:05 »

i probably seen you nash, i was right at the front having a laugh with some guy with dreads and there was a bald guy with him! The specials were bloody good!
Oasis do need a long break!

Fat bloke, green shirt skulking round in the shadows of the stage sort of behind the brass section.  Skanking with little co-ordination.  That was me.

Danjackson10

« Reply #11 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 20:08:17 »

I probably seen you mate, to be fair i was pretty tanked on Bow!
Quote of the day "Any Leeds fans?........There's the Exit, Fuck Off!!"
manc red

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 20:11:07 »

I saw Oasis in July at Benicassim and they were pretty decent to be honest.  They seem to blow hot and cold depending on how pissed they are on the night in my opinion.

I worked at Chelmsford station on saturday morning.  During my shift i saw approx 55 people carted off by the fuzz.  The sniffer dogs were having a field day.  Was quite funny to observe.  Think they only kept about 10 of them and the rest got let out.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 20:14:19 »

From what I've heard you can get nicked with a certain amount of stuff on you at a festival and they confiscate whereas if you'd been just walking down the street you'd be in front of the magistrate.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 20:20:15 »

I probably seen you mate, to be fair i was pretty tanked on Bow!
Quote of the day "Any Leeds fans?........There's the Exit, Fuck Off!!"

That was funny.  I was stood with one of the festival directors who is a massive Man City fan, so the line about the man united being champions went down extremely badly!

Typical, a united fan who comes from coventry and lives in london.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: