Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: People that knock on your door and ask to see your energy bills  (Read 3386 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 15:49:13 »

Are they genuine,or are they trying to scam you, or tie you in to long term deals or sign you up to stuff you dont want without your permission?

I always tell them Im not showing some stranger a utility bill just because he has an ID he could have knocked up himself and I think they are scammers and to go away ...please.

Had someone selling income insurance yesterday as well,and they knew my name which I thought was a bit annoying.

Am I being paranoid?

/
W56196272
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 15:51:03 »

no.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 15:51:30 »

threaten to knee cap them...they'll stop coming back

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 15:55:04 »

Let them in then laugh in a really loud weird way as you lock the door from inside then when they go to sit down scream careful you nearly sat on my mum
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 15:57:15 by Don Rogers Shop » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 15:55:16 »

That seems well weird, did they say why they wanted to see your energy bill?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 15:56:46 »

I don't think they're trying to get you to sign up to an expensive rip off plan, they're just trying to get you to move your supplier to whoever they represent. Not sure how legit their tactics are nowadays, but a few years back they were way beyond dodgy and at least one company got their testicles surgically removed by the regulator.

I think they'd get your account / supply details and then transfer your supplier without you agreeing to it, or even knowing anything about it until you got an account closure bill from your current supplier.

I'd always tell them to fuck off, if you want get the best deal just check one of the online comparison websites.
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 15:58:22 »

fuck off is the best way to deal with these parasites
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 15:59:39 »

They ask for your bill so that they can see your usage and work out if they can save you money. Of course, they are salesmen and will probably tell you they can save you money even if they can't.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 16:02:50 »

They also try and get a conversation started,which im not good at the best of times  Cheesy

But they must be ok, they always wear suits and ties! Huh?

/
W56196272
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 16:04:20 »

They ask for your bill so that they can see your usage and work out if they can save you money. Of course, they are salesmen and will probably tell you they can save you money even if they can't.
Yep. I get people calling all the time and every single one reckons they are the cheapest. They just tell you a pack of lies to get you to sign up to them.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 16:16:03 »

My dads been getting loads of this lately too Yeovil
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 16:31:30 »

Murder the bastards and feed them to your dogs.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 16:33:27 »

A lot of the capped deals from last year run out in October so that's why you will see a lot of them over the next 6 weeks.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 17:17:05 »

Had a guy knock on the door last evening, claimed that N Power had asked him to call on me with a view to saving money.  I challenged him, told him he didn't work for N Power.  He just kept repeating that N Power had asked him to call on me.  Asked to see his id issued by N Power.  He shrugged his shoulders and went on to call on my neighbour.  I called after him and told him to get his employers, if they were N Power, to call me to make an appointment.  With that my neighbour opened his door, I just said "Steve, make sure he shows you his N Power id".  Steve said to him "Well" and he just turned tail and went!  As he walked onto the pavement I believe I heard the word cunt used!!  My neighbour and I just laughed at him.
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 18:21:26 »

when people phone me, for example saying they are from "the orange company" (not "orange"...) I ask them to put their offer in writing.  they never do
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: