Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Show us the money....  (Read 5412 times)
Red Army 09

« on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 20:02:51 »

After todays disgraceful drubbing by gillingham surely Mr fitton will finally get out his chequebook and get us in a 300k plus striker... if he doesnt then were doomed. I can honestly see wilson being sacked before christmas if something doesnt change...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 20:04:08 »

I don't think we have 300K do we. And if wew did who would be available?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 20:22:24 »

what money.

ah, the bottomless pit we have.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 20:25:07 »

After todays disgraceful drubbing by gillingham surely Mr fitton will finally get out his chequebook and get us in a 300k plus striker... if he doesnt then were doomed. I can honestly see wilson being sacked before christmas if something doesnt change...
Where will the 300k come from?
Who should we sign?
How will it stop us conceding FIVE goals against a team like Gillingham?

You're not wrong. We need strikers. EVERYBODY knows that. But calling for Fitton to spend a stupid large amount of money won't necessarily solve the problem.
glos_robin

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 20:25:49 »

I'm not sure splashing lots of cash is necessary the answer but as I just said in the matchday thread it's a big August for Fitton, he needs to start getting the football side of things right. At the moment he still appears naive and an idealist. He's without doubt a very good businessman but football is a business unlike anything else.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 20:32:04 »

I thought knowing that Cox needed replacing and having a bit of money to play with, we'd have gone for someone like Pitman at Bormuff...now I don't know much about this boy, but he's 20, 6 foot and scored 30 odd in 50 games for a struggling side.  Bormuff are seriously skint so would probably welcome a deal.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 10:26:32 »

How anyone can blame fitton is beyond me.That was wilsons team simple as that.He has been given money 6 or 7 of those were his signings yesterday. This time last year that would of been malpas,byrne and granvilles fault but this year it must be fittons? That was fucking awful yesterday and i am struggling to find a worse performance in my time. Only billy paynter can say he put a shift in
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 10:34:01 »

Spot on Deano.

I didnt go to the game though and im still angry
Rich Pullen

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 10:35:48 »

How anyone can blame fitton is beyond me.That was wilsons team simple as that.He has been given money 6 or 7 of those were his signings yesterday. This time last year that would of been malpas,byrne and granvilles fault but this year it must be fittons? That was fucking awful yesterday and i am struggling to find a worse performance in my time. Only billy paynter can say he put a shift in

I agree.

While it's okay to question the board on some matters you can't blame him for a 5-0 defeat. We've been actively looking for a striker or two so it's up to Wilson and Shirtliff to sort it out.

Make it so Wilson and Shirtliff, make it so.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 10:46:08 »

I agree.

While it's okay to question the board on some matters you can't blame him for a 5-0 defeat. We've been actively looking for a striker or two so it's up to Wilson and Shirtliff to sort it out.

Make it so Wilson and Shirtliff, make it so.

How long do you give them?

In my time of supporting, the only example of a similar opening day drubbing I can think of, was 71/72....we lost 4-1 at Blackpool.

The thing here was that Dave Mackay was brought in...it didn't immediately work, but we won the next game and it took a further 11 games to concede 5.

We need to see a similar sort of reaction...we did have 4 debutants, and sometimes it does just go pear shaped.

So what is acceptable in midweek v Dongs?  Would losing 0-1 0-2 be seen as an improvement? 
Spencer_White

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 11:02:26 »

Is it the worst opening day defeat we've ever had?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 11:06:34 »

The idea of sacking Wilson sounds and feels ridiculous at this point, a total knee-jerk reaction if you will.

With Transfer windows and such it strikes me as pointless to sack a manager and replace them with someone who can't make changes... But that's the problem isn't it? CHANGES. Since Andy King left Iffy Onuora, Dennis Wise, Paul Sturrock, Maurice Malpas and Danny Wilson have all come in and tried making a new team. That's only a four year period, ridiculous really.

This "it's not his team" argument is too easy to use.

Anyhow, as you know Reg we've got a difficult opening month... Lose against Franchise twice and it's Southampton, Oldham (a) and Southend, all tricky games that we could lose.

I'm going to see what happens in the next fortnight with the hope yesterday was a bad day and that signings are made. Most of the stuff I've written in the last day have been "thinking out loud" more than anything.
Spencer_White

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 11:17:45 »

Wilson is a good coach and we will get a lot better. He likes to play football and sometimes you fall on your arse (yes I know we didnt try and play much football yesterday either!).

Even after total humiliation I still rekon he is the best manager we will get. Whilst it was 5-0, they still only get 3 points.

I think a lot of the players have got to realise they have to earn their money. Football isnt played out on paper. You have to win your battles and work hard. Gills have signed a lot of players from non league, whilst ours have come from clubs like Leeds, Doncaster, Fulham, Southend and it showed. They had that semi pro team spirit yesterday.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 11:18:47 »

Is it the worst opening day defeat we've ever had?

I'm only going on our FL record but yes I'd say so....some might argue that the 6-1 defeat at Bury I mentioned yesterday in 64/65 was worse, but there were mitigating circumstances of playing much of the game with 10 men and an outfield player in goal.

Similar but not quite as bad was losing 5-1 at Bormuff 32/33, in Harry Morris's last season, he scored the consolation.  This was a terrible season Sam Allen's last I think, which prompted the appointment of a proper manager Ted Vizard for the next season.

64/65 we were relegated....32/33 had to apply for re-election. Sad
Panda Paws

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 16:53:26 »

I thought knowing that Cox needed replacing and having a bit of money to play with, we'd have gone for someone like Pitman at Bormuff...now I don't know much about this boy, but he's 20, 6 foot and scored 30 odd in 50 games for a struggling side.  Bormuff are seriously skint so would probably welcome a deal.

Scored a screamer yesterday.but has just signed a new three year deal so would coust a tidy amount
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: