Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Show us the money....  (Read 5411 times)
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 17:33:12 »

I've obviously missed something here, what money?

The clubs finances still aren't great and I know a few creditors that are still owed quite a bit of cash, in fact I was only talking to one today who was moaning.

Why people think we've got money to burn is beyond me.

And why bringing in a £300k will stop the goals I don't know, as we're tired of pointing out on this site, its goalkeepers we need.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 17:39:34 »

The fact is though we were told that we neednt be a selling club anymore..........untill that is the truth we will cotinue to struggle...no coincidence that Posh turned down several big offers for there star players last year...and now they are reaping the benifit.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 18:12:37 »

When were we told that?  Fitton has made it clear we will spend money on players if he thinks we can recoup that and more on them in the future.  He's made it clear with Cox that it was a showcase type of deal, we showed we could give him first team football and in turn we told him we'd listen to good offers from teams in higher divisions if and when they came in.

If anything we've been quite clearly told we are a selling club and that's how we will continue to survive as a club, just that now we have a long term view on our signings to make sure that acheived.  I think their belief is that by doing this we can attract better players than we have been used to and this will make the club better on the pitch.  Obviously that ones a slow burner!!!!

Fitton and Wray are not multi billionaires.  Their friends have a decent asset stockpile behind them, but they are investors as opposed to outrights this is my business owners.  They are there to secure the club and stump up a few quid when another Cox comes along - see Cuthbert no doubt.  We have little more money as a football club than we have ever had, we just have security.
Danjackson10

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 18:18:39 »

cracking post mr t
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 19:08:05 »

Fitton has actually said the opposite. I think he compared us to the likes of Crewe, but he felt we would have more potential to progress as a result.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 12:56:22 »

When were we told that?  Fitton has made it clear we will spend money on players if he thinks we can recoup that and more on them in the future.  He's made it clear with Cox that it was a showcase type of deal, we showed we could give him first team football and in turn we told him we'd listen to good offers from teams in higher divisions if and when they came in.

If anything we've been quite clearly told we are a selling club and that's how we will continue to survive as a club, just that now we have a long term view on our signings to make sure that acheived.  I think their belief is that by doing this we can attract better players than we have been used to and this will make the club better on the pitch.  Obviously that ones a slow burner!!!!

Fitton and Wray are not multi billionaires.  Their friends have a decent asset stockpile behind them, but they are investors as opposed to outrights this is my business owners.  They are there to secure the club and stump up a few quid when another Cox comes along - see Cuthbert no doubt.  We have little more money as a football club than we have ever had, we just have security.

Confirmed by Wilson who confirmed at the RAF evening that he has not actually been given a set amount of money but if he identifies someone who he thinks is worthwhile then Fitton tries to get the deal done.

At this level we will always be a selling club if a bigger team ocme in offering a decent amount, the difference is we do not have to take the first offer anymore and we wil lbe seen as a club that is worth playing for to get noticed and be allowed to move when the time is right for player and club.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 13:10:11 »

What is a selling club anyway. Man U just sold Ronaldo, Liverpool Alonso, etc.

All lower league clubs need to sell to stay afloat.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 13:21:09 »

I think Fitton meant we'd be selling players if right for player and club rather than throwing cash around like Huddersfield.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 16:01:16 »

What is a selling club anyway. Man U just sold Ronaldo, Liverpool Alonso, etc.

All lower league clubs need to sell to stay afloat.

OK...i will rephrase that...i was led to believe that we didnt need to sell players to stay afloat..i mean Saints have sold to say afloat but just gone and spent big on what they need to push up the lge...course ime not sugesting we can spend millions..but as i said untill we stop selling we will struggle.
flammableBen

« Reply #24 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 16:21:18 »

OK...i will rephrase that...i was led to believe that we didnt need to sell players to stay afloat..i mean Saints have sold to say afloat but just gone and spent big on what they need to push up the lge...course ime not sugesting we can spend millions..but as i said untill we stop selling we will struggle.

Ahh. but who led you to believe that?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 16:38:23 »

The brain, it does strange things, like make you dream.
Dozno9

« Reply #26 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 19:00:16 »

Saints have billions behind them and will spend to get out as they see the Premiership as their rightful place and have the ground and training facilities to suit. We have ambition to get to the Championship and see it as a bonus if we get there and will spend and buy accordingly to make a slow push to that league.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 19:04:48 »

Saints have billions behind them and will spend to get out as they see the Premiership as their rightful place and have the ground and training facilities to suit.

Who says?

I was told the new owner had paid all the debts off but hasn't put any extra money in for a spending spree and doesn't plan to. Though they do now own their ground outright and with decent crowds every week they should still have a good few quid to spend.
Dozno9

« Reply #28 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 20:03:34 »

Who says?

I was told the new owner had paid all the debts off but hasn't put any extra money in for a spending spree and doesn't plan to. Though they do now own their ground outright and with decent crowds every week they should still have a good few quid to spend.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1197540/Swiss-billionaires-roll-save-League-One-Southampton.html

£1m quid after only being owners for 3 weeks in League one would form the basis of quite a good speading spree
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, August 10, 2009, 20:26:22 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1197540/Swiss-billionaires-roll-save-League-One-Southampton.html

£1m quid after only being owners for 3 weeks in League one would form the basis of quite a good speading spree

That article doesn't say anything and was from before they took over. Plus Southampton have sold a few players recently so its possible the money for Lambert is coming from that or other income sources. Again, I haven't seen or heard anything to suggest the new owners are bank rolling them big style - they seem more akin to Fitton & co.

Don't forget that Southampton will most likely get 20k attendances in League 1, which means a shit load of cash coming in every fortnight. £1m isn't much when you're getting £500k income a home game.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 10, 2009, 20:29:04 by jonny72 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: