Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Friday are we going to sign any strikers thread?  (Read 17757 times)
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 08:22:03 »

Trundle would be a superb signing I think - he brings that talismanic quality that Mooney did.

Reading between the lines of the AF interiew - he says one is an established Championship player who creates goals rather than scores them - basically what we've all been saying about Trundle.

officially blacker than the night.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #31 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 08:26:30 »

Darius Henderson signed for Swindon one day before scoring a brace in an away derby at Bristol City.

My point is that strikers shouldn't need to gel. There's the goal, score please.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #32 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 08:29:16 »

As someone just said to me, Paynter and Trundle up front will be slower than a week in jail
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 08:31:14 »

If you only want to bring in better players than you currently have surely it will mean Paynter will not be a starting striker, but a bench warmer?
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 08:31:51 »

Church did well on loan with Orient at the back end of last season.

But if Fittons wording was a player who creates rather than scores then Trundle fits the bill. I went to see a Swansea game at the Vetch Field, (vs Walsall I think) and he was good at bringing the midfield into forward positions by holding the ball up and distributing accordingly.

I'd rather have a nippy small poacher, Paynter sets them up and the new guy knocks them in sort of thing. I got the impression this is the sort of player that Wilson was after as well, as he was trying Marshall and Macklin up front.

Despite my personal opinion of the bloke you're right that he could become a Mooney-esque figure and get the crowd going and he could, if he remains fit, score plenty of goals in Division 3.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 08:36:50 »

Trundle is older than Mooney was isn't he? I thought Mooney was 30 and Trundle is only 2 months shy of 33, i guess he has no pace to lose but it could just be a short term thing.

Rich Pullen

« Reply #36 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 08:38:40 »

Trundle is older than Mooney was isn't he? I thought Mooney was 30 and Trundle is only 2 months shy of 33, i guess he has no pace to lose but it could just be a short term thing.

Mooney was 32.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 08:39:06 »

Also, heaven forbid our midfield chip in with a few efforts at goal Smiley

That's the thing though isn't it. Our team is definitely going to be harder to score against. But consequently the midfield don't look like scoring. And improved as he is Paynter can't carry the team in the goalscoring department.

Its all been said but Trundle could do a job for us. IF he got fit. But he isn't. We need pace up front too and he doesn't provide it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 08:41:03 »

Sheringham was a similar type of player. No pace whatsoever but had a wonderful football brain so he could create goals for others. And he used to score a fair amount as well to be fair. He played until he was about 36 or 37 I think.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 08:59:26 »

With Wilson as manager and Trundle we would be a bit like like some kind of rehashed City.  Lips Sealed
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 09:02:31 »

He's not even dating the bird that used to be in Atomic kitten any more is he?? how dull - cant we at least have someone with a z list WAG?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #41 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 09:03:20 »

I understand that Wilson is doing a decent job and I quite like the look of the squad (other than up front) and his ambition is refreshing, but there has to be a point when the board and management need to assume responsibility and stop living off the fact they saved the club.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 09:05:05 »

He's not even dating the bird that used to be in Atomic kitten any more is he?? how dull - cant we at least have someone with a z list WAG?

I think its this kind of criteria thats limiting DW's search, could you settle for a striker with a Y list WAG?
china red

« Reply #43 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 09:05:14 »

If we are so interested in signing Leeds rejects then why didn't we put in a bid for Delph or Beckford?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #44 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 09:11:54 »

Don't think anyone's bringing in the whole "saved the club" statement though are they? Or have I missed a comment?

We'd all love a couple of signings, but for whatever reason it hasn't happened yet.

This is a debate/argument that'll just go on and on until a signing is made (and even then it'll probably produce comments along the lines of "who?", "he's shit" and "we waited all this time for him"). I'm hoping a signing will happen today, but that really does look quite unlikely!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: