Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Friday are we going to sign any strikers thread?  (Read 17587 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 07:29:20 »

laugh we nearly shat.

ace i hadnt heard this in years, quote of the day.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #16 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 07:30:21 »

So all this bollocks about only signing players that will be here for seasons to come is a load of rubbish then.

It's like Malpas all over again.

Well short term measure, Could be one of those "see how he does then sign permanent" if he can get back into shape, and thats a big IF because he has been pretty out of shape ever  since leaving Swansea, he may do ok. Being a loan, there isn't a lot of risk on our behalf apart from wages, MAy be a decent stop gap before signing a perm. striker.
Barry Scott

« Reply #17 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 07:31:39 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkwh4ZaxHIA&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fteakdoor.com%2Fthe-teakdoor-lounge%2F54698-cheer-me-up-3.html&feature=player_embedded

Is that real? That's complete and utter lunacy if real. Wow. Cheesy
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #18 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 07:33:29 »

Is that real? That's complete and utter lunacy if real. Wow. Cheesy

No idea.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 07:34:55 »

am i missing something but who is billy clarke?
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 07:35:28 »

However you want to dress it up, the failure to relace Cox woth ANY stiker is nothing short of incompetance.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 07:38:33 »

However you want to dress it up, the failure to relace Cox woth ANY stiker is nothing short of incompetance.

We are trying to replace Cox with a decent replacement, not just a wally we can put a number 9 shirt on that can't hit a barn door the size of Frome.  We've built from the back which will see us more solid than last season. If it takes a few weeks to get 1 or 2 top quality strikers then so be it.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #22 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 07:47:55 »

I'd rather wait than bring in panic buys.

However, if Wilson fails to bring in a decentish name before the end of the transfer window his stock will go down whether that's fair or not. Of course I say this because I have confidence that Wilson will bring in a decentish name.

Also, heaven forbid our midfield chip in with a few efforts at goal Smiley
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 07:49:42 »

sorry im with grim reaper, i understand we need quality etc. but to have not signed anyone this far after we knew cox was going back in say march, is as mentioned pretty incompetent.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 07:52:13 »

am i missing something but who is billy clarke?

Billy Clarke was a young Ipswich striker who scored a hatful of goals on loan at Brentford last year, out of contract this summer, we were rumoured to be sniffing around, he chose to join Championship Blackpool instead.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 07:59:57 »

Well thgats the point isn't it. The calibre of striker that we are after are those that are of a standard suitable to the championship. Thus it ain't going to be easy.
I'd rather wait & get someone like that than sign half a dozen league 2  journey men strikers.

From the Dark Side
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 08:07:03 »

How long do you hold out for these championship standard strikers? I guess with the loans market it doesn't even matter if we dont get it sorted by the end of August.

Not sure what to make of this Trundle development
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 08:07:50 »

Yes lets just wait, i mean we got a whole day before the season starts so no rush! Not to mention said player will need to 'gel' and all that bollocks. No good signing a quality player in a few weeks time if were already playing catchup! Pre-season has already shown us we do not have goals in our team. I'll be at Gillingham tomorrow but I cant see us scoring more than 1!
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 08:14:57 »

So if we reckon Waghorn is the loanee that we, amongst others it seems, were after, this still leaves us with the Championship striker that the Adver informs us that we're gonna sign. BTW Was that to buy or loan?

If so who's that gonna be? I can't think of who's available, I think someones already mentioned Simon Church, he'd fit the bill, so I'm praying its him. (arf arf) I just can't imagine Reading selling him.

No-one mention Trundle anymore and the rumour may go away.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 08:18:09 »

Does Simon Church really fall under Fittons label of them both being established players?

If only one of them is in the championship is the other this Rochdale lad that was mentioned in the last couple of days?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: