Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 1030 [1031] 1032 1033 1034 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4293035 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #15450 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 16:53:21 »

Payne scores in added time, but so do the opposition

assist?
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #15451 on: Saturday, July 30, 2022, 19:42:02 »

assist?

Assist
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #15452 on: Thursday, August 4, 2022, 09:48:13 »

Nathan Byrne to Charlotte FC

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #15453 on: Thursday, August 4, 2022, 09:52:12 »

Nathan Byrne to Charlotte FC
Money move even if not a career move.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #15454 on: Thursday, August 4, 2022, 10:39:52 »

And lifestyle choice. Few years in the US would be quite appealing for some.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15455 on: Thursday, August 4, 2022, 10:54:44 »

Yeah the US and Australia seems to have a real appeal to players these days. Not a clue if their leagues are any good or not but the game in America certainly has grown in popularity massively. Are Charlotte in the MLS or one of the 'feeder' leagues? 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #15456 on: Thursday, August 4, 2022, 11:23:24 »

MLS.

The standard is poorer than the Uk but better than Aus. I would guess a better lifestyle in both with potentially more money.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #15457 on: Thursday, August 4, 2022, 11:35:43 »

MLS is around the Chamionship level.  It has the oddity of having some players above that level and quite a few at League 1/2 level that fill out the squads.

In terms of money, it's only a big earner for the Designated Players, the rest are not on huge salaries if you compare to the Premier League for example.

Teams also have to amortise any transfer fee over the contract length when adding up the player salary hit against their total allowance (the DP players are not counted, you can py them what you like and any transfer fee you like).

At Atlanta for example you have a player like Rosetto who came from Brazil and is on a little over $600k per year playing in the same team as Sejdic who is on $84k per year.  Both have played games in the first team in recent weeks.  Salaries are known because they produce reports and publicise them to show teams adhere to the salary caps.

Byrne would not be a DP, he'd be going into their general pool of squad players.  Charlotte are a new team this season - he may or may not make the matchday squad.  They have Anton Walkes who came from Spurs in their team.  Alongside Kamil Jozwiak who they signed from Derby, so maybe they gave Byrne a nod.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #15458 on: Thursday, August 4, 2022, 11:43:35 »

And lifestyle choice. Few years in the US would be quite appealing for some.

Yep, Charlotte is a big City in North Carolina, so gets decent weather for the majority of the year.  Easy flights to the UK on BA/American Airlines from there as well.  There is a good sprinkling of English players who make their way over, sometimes through Colleges, sometimes from the Academy and sometimes from Scottish Prem teams or Championship level or L1 clubs.  The more recent trend has been to sign young South and Central American talent.  The clubs have set budgets for wages so they are looking at ways of getting exciting young players in, use the MLS as a showcase and sell them on to European teams for profit.  The idea being that this will gradually bring the overall talent pool up, allow them to raise the salary caps and start to compete with some of the second tier European leagues.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #15459 on: Thursday, August 4, 2022, 12:53:48 »

People get sniffy and look down their nose at the MLS but it has come on leaps and bounds in last 10 years.

As Rob T said Championship level is a good comparison so it’s more of a sideways move if anything.  Fair play to him, surely a better place for a lad in his 20’s to live as opposed to Derby, Wigan and dare I say even Swindon
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #15460 on: Thursday, August 4, 2022, 15:36:35 »

Good bbq in Carolina apparently?? Although from what I can gather every state in the south and the Midwest proclaims to have the best bbq

Things get better but they never get good
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #15461 on: Friday, August 5, 2022, 07:42:03 »

James Dunne joins Welling.

What a pile of shit he was.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #15462 on: Friday, August 5, 2022, 07:52:48 »

He was shit but at least he put himself about.

Was actually thinking the other day. Flitcrofts Swindon side would genuinely beat us. Husseys deliveries to Lancashire, Preston, Norris, Smith etc. Woolery and Anderson on the break. Quite funny to think back how shit that era was yet our current side would lose to them imo.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #15463 on: Friday, August 5, 2022, 15:02:28 »

The only thing I remember about him is scoring then getting sent off at Crawley

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #15464 on: Friday, August 5, 2022, 15:22:14 »

He was shit but at least he put himself about.

Was actually thinking the other day. Flitcrofts Swindon side would genuinely beat us. Husseys deliveries to Lancashire, Preston, Norris, Smith etc. Woolery and Anderson on the break. Quite funny to think back how shit that era was yet our current side would lose to them imo.
Especially when Richards arrived in Jan

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 1030 [1031] 1032 1033 1034 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: