Pages: 1 ... 1007 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 1013 ... 1220   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4326885 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #15135 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 11:18:12 »

Jojo off to a good start

https://twitter.com/LewisNeary_/status/1542827520403308545?t=AWdFLpuH0GsOPVPhc2avfg&s=19

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #15136 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 11:32:44 »

I go because I enjoy watching live football, having a beer with my mates and seeing places I'd never have seen otherwise, wouldn't change it.

Yes we've been shit most of the time, but games like Stoke away under Paolo, Leyton Orient away under wellens, the Austin/paynter season or the Simon Cox wonder goal on Tuesday night make it worthwhile and are memories that I'll treasure and ones that I'm fortunate to share with friends and family.

This league is shit and we shouldn't be here for as long as we have but the doom and gloom that has set in with some, before a ball has even been kicked in pre season, is madness.   I thought we'd struggle last season but saw us at Scunthorpe and just enjoyed it again.

If it was just the 90 minutes I think we would all be gone.
At least I can get pissed on the way up to Carlisle by train.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15137 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 11:45:08 »

Egbo and Jojo teaming up nicely already!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #15138 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 11:45:12 »

From an Egbo mistake according to the Charlton forum.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #15139 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 11:47:03 »

Gutted Egbo didn't sign but he at fault at Vale away too
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #15140 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 11:51:46 »

Egbo wasn't *that* good. He was an OK L2 player and offered us something different, but wasnt that good!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #15141 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 12:03:38 »

Oh and whilst we are it club growth is just a big a myth as sustainability.

The only way to grow is to have millions pumped into us.
The rise up the leagues in 80 and a club like ours getting to Premier League in the 90s is done.

We’re an insignificant, nothing club destine to yo yo between the 3rd and 4th tier and win fuck all for the rest of our history.

Our sole purpose is to make up the numbers and the fact we even bother to turn up and continue to support the club is a mystery. All that effort & dedication for fuck all ever again.

Our generation has the responsibility to not take our kids to football. To not continue this awful tradition of support for a football club destined to do nothing ever again.

Did Brentford not get the memo on this?

..never go back.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #15142 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 12:05:51 »

Egbo wasn't *that* good. He was an OK L2 player and offered us something different, but wasnt that good!

Egbo from the start of the season woulda seen us go up I think. Much better option offensively  than Hunt. Actually offered us something going forward unlike Hunts side ways backwards passing and runs.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #15143 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 12:06:42 »

Personally I thought Egbo in his dozen or so games for us looked like an excellent forward thinking right back who had work to do defensively but he looked a much better RB than Hunt/Odimayo. It will be interesting to see how he does in L1, I think he'll step up fairly easily.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15144 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 12:29:34 »

Personally I thought Egbo in his dozen or so games for us looked like an excellent forward thinking right back who had work to do defensively but he looked a much better RB than Hunt/Odimayo. It will be interesting to see how he does in L1, I think he'll step up fairly easily.

Yeah, same - he’ll be a huge loss. Probably our biggest loss outside of Jack Payne which says a lot when you consider how few games he actually played
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #15145 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 12:42:30 »

Archie Matthews has signed for Swansea.

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #15146 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 12:44:41 »

Egbo from the start of the season woulda seen us go up I think. Much better option offensively  than Hunt. Actually offered us something going forward unlike Hunts side ways backwards passing and runs.
i keep finding the need to stick up for hunt. who played left back, right back, centre back last season and did very well without every getting a run of games in his true position.
From the start of the season we actually had KKH at right back so i dont believe what your saying is true as he is better than egbo- both offensively and defensively.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #15147 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 12:46:17 »

i keep finding the need to stick up for hunt. who played left back, right back, centre back last season and did very well without every getting a run of games in his true position.
From the start of the season we actually had KKH at right back so i dont believe what your saying is true as he is better than egbo- both offensively and defensively.

Ha, my memory is a disaster. When I was typing my piece about Egbo I couldn't remember who our RB was last season and thought it was Hunt/AK. But of course it was KKH wasn't it!

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #15148 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 12:47:45 »

Yeah, same - he’ll be a huge loss. Probably our biggest loss outside of Jack Payne which says a lot when you consider how few games he actually played

yet watching the port vale game i was praying he was going to be subbed at half time due to his awful defending and positioning. Against a better standard of opposition there are still doubts. I wouldn't be suprised to see him do well as he is very raw and can get better but equally I can just as easily see him struggling and not getting much game time. sitting quite on the fence!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15149 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 12:51:54 »

Couldn't agree more singingiiiffy
Pages: 1 ... 1007 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 1013 ... 1220   Go Up
Print
Jump to: