Pages: 1 ... 1006 1007 1008 [1009] 1010 1011 1012 ... 1220   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4327162 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #15120 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 06:58:40 »

Oh and whilst we are it club growth is just a big a myth as sustainability.

The only way to grow is to have millions pumped into us.
The rise up the leagues in 80 and a club like ours getting to Premier League in the 90s is done.

We’re an insignificant, nothing club destine to yo yo between the 3rd and 4th tier and win fuck all for the rest of our history.

Our sole purpose is to make up the numbers and the fact we even bother to turn up and continue to support the club is a mystery. All that effort & dedication for fuck all ever again.

Our generation has the responsibility to not take our kids to football. To not continue this awful tradition of support for a football club destined to do nothing ever again.

Stark but true...Agree 100% with the part in bold. Although I disagree in equal measure with the last point. In spite of everything we all need hope, however faint or illogical it may be. Without it, life is meaningless.

That last point actually deserves a far more in depth answer than that as it is the very crux of why we are all here on this forum and why we turn up from Melksham in July to Vale Park in May and invest such a huge amount in the Club, financially and emotionally and have done for as long as most of us can remember. But I'll leave that up to someone like Bamboo as, frankly, I don't have the energy for it these days.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #15121 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 07:04:24 »

In true Jasper Carrot style:

“Wanna go to Carlisle”😂⚽️
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15122 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 07:19:08 »

They are also 16 million in debts and raisng 2.5m in bonds to try help pay for things Eek

Well that's blown my perception that their model works if you've got the cash!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15123 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 07:48:48 »

Stark but true...Agree 100% with the part in bold. Although I disagree in equal measure with the last point. In spite of everything we all need hope, however faint or illogical it may be. Without it, life is meaningless.

That last point actually deserves a far more in depth answer than that as it is the very crux of why we are all here on this forum and why we turn up from Melksham in July to Vale Park in May and invest such a huge amount in the Club, financially and emotionally and have done for as long as most of us can remember. But I'll leave that up to someone like Bamboo as, frankly, I don't have the energy for it these days.

The problem is we fall for the hope & all we get is disappointment every single time.
Why do we do it?
I fucking hate it and wish I’d never bothered in the first place.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #15124 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 07:55:23 »

The problem is we fall for the hope & all we get is disappointment every single time.
Why do we do it?
I fucking hate it and wish I’d never bothered in the first place.

That's the great 'imponderable'...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #15125 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 07:59:42 »

I do it because I support my local club. There are plenty of Liverpool, United, (whichever club is currently doing the best) "fans" in Swindon - likely to do with that clubs success more than anything. You could always join them? Ironically, if these locals actually supported their local side we would be a bigger club, although not a guarantee of success in it's own right but having a greater chance at competing.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #15126 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 08:00:30 »

That's the great 'imponderable'...

Always been the hope.
Reality it’s just fucking relentless misery. Like a snake and ladders game as a kid, how appropriate the bastard snakes we attract and the constant slippery slope fall, rinse and start again.

If I could go back to my first game knowing what these last 10 years would have been like I wouldn’t have bothered.
Spent fortunes on this shit, constantly short changed and not going to get any better when we shortly announce the next batch of kids or underwhelming signings.

Fuck off Swindon (only today) because shortly will be travelling again in hope.
Maybe next time it will be our turn.........
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #15127 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 08:57:51 »

Jack Payne has signed for Crawley

False alarm, McKirdy on the wind up
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #15128 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 08:58:39 »

https://www.samaritans.org/
https://www.childline.org.uk/
https://www.mind.org.uk/
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #15129 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 09:02:24 »

It’s aMcKirdy piss take
Freddies Ferret 2.0

Ignore
« Reply #15130 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 10:19:44 »

Thats a pretty convincing scarf picture though
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #15131 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 10:27:55 »

Mass Loungo has left Sheffield Wednesday on a free
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #15132 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 10:28:03 »

Don’t remember him playing for us?
Just signed for arsenal
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #15133 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 10:53:41 »

Always been the hope.
Reality it’s just fucking relentless misery. Like a snake and ladders game as a kid, how appropriate the bastard snakes we attract and the constant slippery slope fall, rinse and start again.

If I could go back to my first game knowing what these last 10 years would have been like I wouldn’t have bothered.
Spent fortunes on this shit, constantly short changed and not going to get any better when we shortly announce the next batch of kids or underwhelming signings.

Fuck off Swindon (only today) because shortly will be travelling again in hope.
Maybe next time it will be our turn.........

I go because I enjoy watching live football, having a beer with my mates and seeing places I'd never have seen otherwise, wouldn't change it.

Yes we've been shit most of the time, but games like Stoke away under Paolo, Leyton Orient away under wellens, the Austin/paynter season or the Simon Cox wonder goal on Tuesday night make it worthwhile and are memories that I'll treasure and ones that I'm fortunate to share with friends and family.

This league is shit and we shouldn't be here for as long as we have but the doom and gloom that has set in with some, before a ball has even been kicked in pre season, is madness.   I thought we'd struggle last season but saw us at Scunthorpe and just enjoyed it again.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #15134 on: Friday, July 1, 2022, 11:13:52 »

I go because I enjoy watching live football, having a beer with my mates and seeing places I'd never have seen otherwise, wouldn't change it.

Yes we've been shit most of the time, but games like Stoke away under Paolo, Leyton Orient away under wellens, the Austin/paynter season or the Simon Cox wonder goal on Tuesday night make it worthwhile and are memories that I'll treasure and ones that I'm fortunate to share with friends and family.

This league is shit and we shouldn't be here for as long as we have but the doom and gloom that has set in with some, before a ball has even been kicked in pre season, is madness.   I thought we'd struggle last season but saw us at Scunthorpe and just enjoyed it again.

This was the post I started writing, but then lost the will. I go (or mainly watch from a distance) for all these reasons, and I stick with Swindon like with an old coat or an arthritic dog, because I value long-term attachments and the love doesn't fade, whatever the short-term conditions.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 1006 1007 1008 [1009] 1010 1011 1012 ... 1220   Go Up
Print
Jump to: