Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Albums:  (Read 19135 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, May 8, 2009, 22:12:43 »

I've been listening to Mr.Scruff's recent effort Ninja Tuna a fair bit, not as good as keep it unreal, all seems a bit too intentional. still a good listen though.

I was trying to figure out what that Get A Move On track was for a year or more. Bastards kept playing it on the BBC over trailers and other stuff but no amount of Googling or asking in records shops helped. Eventually I happened to be in a bar when a mate was DJ'ing and played it - I was so happy that night. The rest of the album is pretty good as well though, especially the fish stuff.

I've got Shazam on my iPhone now and use it all the time to identify stuff, amazing how accurate it is - that was how I got in to Burial.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, May 8, 2009, 22:13:51 »

I've never tried the DJ Kicks series, but some of the other similar DJ compilations can be pretty good at times.

I'm so out of touch with music nowadays and spend most of my time catching up on stuff I've missed. Still spending a lot of time listening to Mr Scruff / Keep It Unreal and the self titled Crystal Castles album though.

the Erlend Øye DJ-Kicks is really good, not heard any of the rest of the series though
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, May 8, 2009, 23:17:25 »

The Best of T Rex

Do you pronounce it "tee-recks" or "trecks"? I know the proper way is "tee-recks" as in the dinosaur, but lately I've found myself calling them "trecks" in my head.
flammableBen

« Reply #48 on: Friday, May 8, 2009, 23:20:04 »

I know it's pronounced red wine, but recently I've found myself pronouncing it re-dwine. Does anybody else do this? No? Neither to I really. Because I'm not a fucking spastic.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, May 15, 2009, 11:32:29 »

Well the new Green Day album (21st Century Breakdown), arrived today, and so far it's nothing short of fantastic.
I'm not sure how many Green Day fans are left on this messageboard, if any? I'm guessin a lot of people liked their older stuff (Dookie, Nimrod etc...) more so than the more recent? But i fully recommend this album. It is superb! Check it out

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, May 15, 2009, 12:37:23 »

I'm not really a Greenday fan at all. Mostly been listening to the new Doves album actually which is superb.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, May 15, 2009, 12:42:29 »

Im rather looking forward to Stuart Murdoch side project God Help the Girl.

Come Monday Night is beautiful

http://www.myspace.com/pleasegodhelpthegirl

/
W56196272
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, May 15, 2009, 13:11:14 »

I bought Spinning Top by Graham Coxon this week, its nice and folky.

Quicken the Heart by Maximo Park is also pretty decent. Same stuff that they've always done really.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, May 15, 2009, 13:53:29 »

Well the new Green Day album (21st Century Breakdown), arrived today, and so far it's nothing short of fantastic.
I'm not sure how many Green Day fans are left on this messageboard, if any? I'm guessin a lot of people liked their older stuff (Dookie, Nimrod etc...) more so than the more recent? But i fully recommend this album. It is superb! Check it out

Heard several tracks on XFM this week, sounds very MOR to me.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, May 15, 2009, 14:02:46 »

Heard several tracks on XFM this week, sounds very MOR to me.

They've been going more and more radio friendly for years. Its not as if American Idiot was hardcore punk was it? Or Warning. Or Nimrod.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 15, 2009, 14:16:29 by Spy » Logged
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, May 15, 2009, 14:08:18 »

All i can say is give the whole album a try. It really is awesome. The album contains a mix of their older material, coupled with American Idiot and a totally new sound, so it's very impressive.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, May 15, 2009, 14:09:42 »

Im rather looking forward to Stuart Murdoch side project God Help the Girl.

Come Monday Night is beautiful

http://www.myspace.com/pleasegodhelpthegirl

Crikey, I'll have to have a listen to this!

I didnt realise that Stuart Murdoch had any side projects, I've obviously been living in a cave. Perhaps this explains the postponement of the new B & S album.

Sounds v interesting.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, May 15, 2009, 14:26:57 »

I d
Crikey, I'll have to have a listen to this!

I didnt realise that Stuart Murdoch had any side projects, I've obviously been living in a cave. Perhaps this explains the postponement of the new B & S album.

Sounds v interesting.

I didn't know about that either. Ta Yeovil.

Very good..
http://wakingupto.wordpress.com/2009/05/09/179-god-help-the-girl-come-monday-night/
« Last Edit: Friday, May 15, 2009, 14:31:08 by A Gent Orange » Logged
Dazzza

« Reply #58 on: Friday, May 15, 2009, 14:34:18 »

I have been involuntarily subjected to the new Lilly Allen effort, which is alright in a jolly and jaunty grumble about men who spunk to soon.

I do enjoy a bit of Lilly Allen live (she’s a character) although I struggle to get much pleasure out of simply listening to the album.

5/10

Spy

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, May 15, 2009, 14:36:53 »

I like that lily allen album. A lot better than her first I think. Which is good as Kate Nash set the benchmark for quality in that sort of thing with her debut album.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: