Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The plague is coming.  (Read 20118 times)
justboiledover

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, July 16, 2009, 22:37:22 »

Serious reply to Miss angry

My daughter (6 years old) has had it. Nasty bit of flu, not pleasant at all, however not worth the hysteria that surrounds it - providing there are no other underlying issues there should be no long lasting effects (such as death!! among others). In the case of my daughter, she had flu like symptoms: Severe headache; very high temperature; blocked nose; sore throught (other symptoms to look out for include aching joints, sickness, dihorrea). We couldn't keep her temperature down using the usual (Calpol and Neurofen) so took her into the clover unit at GWH where they gave her tamiflu (concealed so as not to cause alarm - these are the depths of unfounded panic some have found themselves in). The tamiflu has worked and she is now back on form.

In short: It is not a nice thing for a youngster to have but in the vast, vast,vast, majority of cases it is not much worse than good old normal flu. In my experience the hardest bit was keeping her quarinteened for the required period after she had recovered - 6 year olds are not designed to be locked indoors and can drive you to distraction!

Hope this helps
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Thursday, July 16, 2009, 22:37:55 »

And the under 5s
If the Under 5s are at risk, the Baby Squad must be shitting it
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #107 on: Thursday, July 16, 2009, 22:39:53 »

Ooh you could have a swine flu party although apparently they're a bad idea.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Thursday, July 16, 2009, 22:40:06 »

Move out and come and live with me then.................quarantine !

We can share needles again
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 06:37:47 »

its probably better to get it now anyway. at least that when when it does turn into something serious you'll have some form of immunity

Things get better but they never get good
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 07:06:48 »

im one of the people with underlying health issues, we have been given a lecture this morning in hospital about what to do etc.

brighton seems to be avoiding the worst of it as yet.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 07:18:37 »

I'm worried for my 10 month old. He has suspected asthma (very unconfirmed though) so I hope he avoids it.

Stupid thing is, if they had said 29 people had died from normal flu I'd be half as worried, even though it is just a serious. Didn't really think I was that susceptible to media speculation  on how serious it could be.

In the last major fu outbreak it killed 40,000 people in the UK. That was just over a decade ago.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 08:10:43 »

My 12 year old has had it this week.  Anyone worried shouldn't be unless there are other health factors to take into consideration.  As soon as she started taking the tablets she started to improve.

My son has asthma so that was our only concern.  Kept her in her room and him away from her and all has been fine.

Don't believe the hype!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 08:11:49 »

As long as i don't die, i'd quite like the week off work... i imagine it'd aid a bit of weightloss too

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #114 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 08:14:56 »

It's not about this wave though, they already know that this one is relatively mild.

It's about the next wave that might well come back much stronger than this one, that tends to be the way that these virus's work. I'm not suggesting that people should start loosing sleep over it but I wouldn't write it off either.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 08:17:29 »

It's not about this wave though, they already know that this one is relatively mild.

It's about the next wave that might well come back much stronger than this one, that tends to be the way that these virus's work. I'm not suggesting that people should start loosing sleep over it but I wouldn't write it off either.

H1N1 II - Swine Flu with a vengeance!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 08:35:02 »

Swine Flu 2: The Virus That Shagged Me

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 08:48:36 »

im one of the people with underlying health issues, we have been given a lecture this morning in hospital about what to do etc.

brighton seems to be avoiding the worst of it as yet.

Same here i've got an underlying health problem aswell,Im not usually a one to be concerned but i have to admit i am bit worried about this due to the fact im on a drug that weaken's the immune system to a great degree.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #118 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 08:48:52 »

People who live across the road from me have Swine Flu and a friend's friend does, so its only a matter of time before I do. i suppose  Angry

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Friday, July 17, 2009, 10:10:09 »

from what i know the people who get it dont even seem to spread itamongst those they live with.i think if you're gonna get it, then you just are.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: