Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC bit on Cox  (Read 4888 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 13:28:26 »

How has Aaron McLean got on this season? They took him from Grays I think, scored against us and looked handy.

In all competitions Aaron McLean has 19, Craig Mackail-Smith has 24 and George Boyd has 10 - over 50 goals courtesy of the Conference.

Even the likes of Chris Whelpdale has done well who they brought in for Billericay Town.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 13:30:27 by Rich Pullen » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 13:31:42 »

You might laugh, but I tell you someone who did love the game. Paul Gascoigne. He loved it so much that he can barely live without playing it. Who was the last England player who would give everything? Every single thing they owned in order to play for England? Gazza would have. Stuart Pearce would have.

David Beckham

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 13:34:33 »

Wayne Rooney
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 13:35:54 »

The Blue Square Premier. Peterborough built their soon-to-be-Championship squad on Non-League players.

Mark Marshall, Kaid Mohammed, Darren Dykes and Lloyd Opara say Hi.

Our choice of players from the lower leagues hasn't served us too well over the last few years.
Spencer_White

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 13:36:41 »

Wayne Rooney

'Once a blue, always a blue'.

As for Beckham what about LA Galaxy? Took the money and ran for the hills.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 13:38:37 by Spencer_White » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 13:39:17 »

The question was about giving it all for England though, wasn't it?
Spencer_White

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 13:42:53 »

The question was about giving it all for England though, wasn't it?

Yeah, and I dont believe either of them would give it all up. Too much to loose.

Going to LA Galaxy should have finnished off Beckhams England career 3 years early. He's realised what a mistake it was. But he still risked it, for the sake of money, it was so she could make the megabucks. 

As for Wayne, he does have that raw emotion that makes me like him. But would his wife let him give it all up? She would talk him round. He's a scouser, boyhood Everton fan, who engineered a move to play for the Mancs. Thats a tough stain to shift on his character. To make yourself hated amongst your own people for money. I suppose you could argue he did it to win trophies. But surely 1 trophy at Everton would have been far more glorious than 10 at Man United?
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 13:47:39 by Spencer_White » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 13:55:18 »

I dont expect Everton were in a position to turn down the best part of 30million either...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 14:12:44 »

The Blue Square Premier. Peterborough built their soon-to-be-Championship squad on Non-League players.

Maybe we should employ Keith Alexander as a scout then, because he bought most (if not all) of them.
Spencer_White

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 15:11:04 »

I dont expect Everton were in a position to turn down the best part of 30million either...

On reflection, part of that payment would seem to be in return for a silence on the roles of the agent, simmilar to Keane's inflated figure to Liverpool.

For Scousers, playing for the Liverpool clubs seems to be bigger than playing for England.

You can make an argument for Shearer. But Rooney? And Beckham had a big hand in creating the whole circus in the first place.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 15:23:27 »

[url width=121 height=150]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/jamiethon/psycho.jpg[/url]
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 18:41:49 »

Well, the proofs in the pudding. Everyones known he was a flash git from the day he came. He's respected and admired, but he's not loved.

When that interviewer said to him 'Premier League' the first thing that came into his head was £££. Im not going to be one of these hypocrites who says he hates the money in the game and the attitude of the players, but crawls up the arse of his own team's players who show themselves to be a lot more interested in money than football.

What has he done for us? We are shite.

As for the charity stuff, Im sure he has a well paid, clever agent.

Not expecting this to be popular.

Some interesting points for sure Spence but the charity work he is doing he does not get paid, him and his wife are saving and raising money to build a new ward at a hospital where one of there close friends died. 

He has always had a swagger for sure and been nothing but arrogant at times. 

But I judge a footballer on whether he gives you 100% everytime he goes on the pitch, I would say Coxy has done that more than any of our players, I would also say our lack of success has nothing to do with him and more down to the poor poor quality of the other 10 players alongside him.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 18:46:08 »

David Beckham

Beckham doesn't give a toss about anything but himself and his fucking profile

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Flea

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 18:47:39 »

"Going to LA Galaxy should have finnished off Beckhams England career 3 years early. He's realised what a mistake it was. But he still risked it, for the sake of money, it was so she could make the megabucks."

I thought Beckham payed to get out of his contract at LA Galaxy so he could play for Milan and to save his England career?  
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 18:50:09 »

"Going to LA Galaxy should have finnished off Beckhams England career 3 years early. He's realised what a mistake it was. But he still risked it, for the sake of money, it was so she could make the megabucks."

I thought Beckham payed to get out of his contract at LA Galaxy so he could play for Milan and to save his England career?  

Don't think he did, is he not playing for both Galaxy and Milan now?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: