Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: fourfourtwo  (Read 10035 times)

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 23:56:05 »

as always robt you make valid points with reason.but fans need hope and optimism.stfc are not giving their fans this.fitton at this moment in time doesn't seem anything like a chairman of a up and coming football club.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 00:07:15 »

We aren't seen within football as a progressive or ambitious club.Lots of fans of other clubs are
completely unaware that we even have new owners.

If we had been pouring all resources into a ground redevopment, i could understand the board's
priority for that.We're miles away from that at this moment in time.Therefore,they should have
understood that to take us forward it needed ongoing investment into the team.It was crying
out for this last summer.We can't keep on relying on freebies and 50K signings each close season.

The next 2 weeks will really show us if the board have any ambition,or are they just obsessed with
budgets.It's all well and good to be a well run club,but do we really want to never take a chance?

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
DMR

« Reply #32 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 00:27:01 »

I'm confused, just because 442 sponser us, they're not obligated to write about us are they?

I don't remember Nationwide handing out ISAs Smiley
deltaincline

« Reply #33 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 00:37:28 »

Robert T's comments are spot on and he managed to neatly sum up my thoughts, without me even realising I'd been thinking that way in the first place, the cunt Wink

The whole fucking STFC experience is jaded at the moment despite DW's arrival.

I don't expect the board to puke cash all over the place for loads of new players, but we're in serious need of a cunting great injection of enthusiasm from somewhere. It's up to the board to get the place buzzing again by making a signing or two that has people sitting up and taking fucking notice after their self inflicted Malpas fiasco.

Fans can only do so much in trying to create an atmosphere, for fucks sake.  
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 04:58:52 »

I'm confused, just because 442 sponser us, they're not obligated to write about us are they?

I don't remember Nationwide handing out ISAs Smiley

hahaha

/
W56196272
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 19:15:39 »

axs, I think its a bad excuse and people are making too much of it.

In the late 90's the south stand used to be loud. It projects sound a lot better than the Town End and we really used to see off quite a lot of good away supports even though the team were crap.

I think the Town End actually lost most of its noisy patrons about 3 years ago. Whenever I went in there I stood in around the same place, like a terrace, but first game against Luton 3 years ago this woman started shouting that she had bought 3 seats for her kids there. She was right, and we moved. But I didnt go back for a long time after that. Im not going to get a season ticket next year so il be in there a few games (hopefully!). I know a lot of others who felt that sort of thing was the last straw for the Town End.

That's fair enough, I've not been going to games that long, I've never heard the south stand make noise in my time. The TE just feels so quiet this season compared to the last two.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #36 on: Monday, January 19, 2009, 19:20:29 »

The lack of atmosphere is not just the town end's problem. I know many say the pricing structure has messed up the atmosphere. I think it's the depressed nature of the town fans. Those that used to make noise in the TE who moved no longer do so and those that stayed in the TE no longer do so either.

Obviously I'm generalising the extent and scale of that as doubtless there are still people that sing. There's just no unity any more.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 17:19:17 »

The next issue of 442 will have an article on Danny Wilson.

Hopefully that will put an end to the anti 442 sentiment Smiley

Whilst I am on the subject of Club Partners: Nuffield Health is really busy at the moment and I am finding it very stressful trying to complete all my cardio work Sad
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 17:24:33 »

The problem with the Town End is it can sound loud if you're in it, but projects noise so badly that much of the effect is lost.

I'm quite sure that there will be major changes at that end of the ground in the future...it would be very easy to take the roof off, add more seating/hospitality behind it and then put a new roof on.  All of which will probably improve the accoustic, but will change a much loved structure that, aside from the addition of seating, has remained largely unchanged for 50 years.
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 17:34:02 »

I always thought the Town End had great accoustics. You can hear it easily from the opposite end of the ground, plenty of videos on youtube to testify to that
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 15:24:22 »

very good interview with danny wilson in this months edition.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #41 on: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 15:59:56 »

and a Tanswell published in the letters page, complaining of lack-of-Town (and rightly so).
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 20:40:37 »

I thought that was the idea behind it, yes. And the fact that we are a totally mediocre club was what drew them to us. As has previously been said though, it would not surprise me if the deal gets knocked on the head in the summer.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, February 6, 2009, 07:15:33 »

A Dundee United fan who I have befriended over in India was very impressed that we had managed to get FourFourTwo as a sponsor. He was bemoaning the fact they have chav sportswear manufacturer Cabrini as their sponsor!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, February 14, 2009, 12:28:25 »

Its 14 days into the month and the cunts still havent delivered this months edition.

Wankers!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: